Death Star DLC

Started by Luna-old, July 12, 2016, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, we know about the Death Star DLC coming this fall. But in my honest opinion, I think the Death Star should've been in the game from when it was released.

I'm not that caught up with the details, but I bet we'll be getting a new hero and a villain. I think we'll possibly get Grand Moff Tarkin for the Empire and Old Ben Kenobi for the Rebels?
The years just fly past, don't they?

If Obi-Wan isn't added, I'm selling the game :P
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 12, 2016, 08:48:41 AM
If Obi-Wan isn't added, I'm selling the game :P

Lol, best thing to do to be honest. I'd love to have Obi-Wan added.

I've also been told that there will be an announcement this weekend about the Deathstar DLC at Star Wars Celebrations, I'll be keeping an eye out and will update this thread when I find out more. :D

Quote from: DarthNyx on July 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM
I've also been told that there will be an announcement this weekend about the Deathstar DLC at Star Wars Celebrations, I'll be keeping an eye out and will update this thread when I find out more. :D

There seems to be lots going on there, I wish I could go :'( I'm hoping to hear more about this whole "Instant Action" mode they're adding. Hopefully it'll live up to expectations!

On the side of the Death Star, I'd like to see "Fighter Squadron" be a mode for this. First space battle EA/DICE would've created!

PS: Try to "Modify" or "Edit" posts rather than double posting ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 12, 2016, 12:02:18 PM #5 Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:09:04 PM by Darth Nyx
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 12, 2016, 12:00:12 PM
There seems to be lots going on there, I wish I could go :'( I'm hoping to hear more about this whole "Instant Action" mode they're adding. Hopefully it'll live up to expectations!

On the side of the Death Star, I'd like to see "Fighter Squadron" be a mode for this. First space battle EA/DICE would've created!

PS: Try to "Modify" or "Edit" posts rather than double posting ;)

Thanks for the tip, I'll remember this for the next time!

Alright, I have an update. According to the post that EA recently did on their site, apparently we'll be getting a hero that is "one larger-than-life character" I think this could be Chewie or Ben Kenobi.

July 16, 2016, 03:03:30 PM #6 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:37:51 PM by Darth Nyx
Okay, I've got an update.

It seems we'll finally be getting space battles in this DLC.

At least, that is the vibe I get from this trailer:

Oh and Bossk and Cheewie...

No Obi-Wan? Why EA?

Oh and they announced the name of their fourth expansion:  Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Rogue One: Scarif .

July 16, 2016, 04:10:43 PM #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:16:27 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 16, 2016, 03:03:30 PM
Oh and Bossk and Cheewie...

No Obi-Wan? Why EA?

Where has this been confirmed? As far as I'm concerned only Star Wars HQ have guessed this, not even confirmed.

If they are actually the new heroes, EA have officially added the worst characters possible. I mean come on, Chewbacca? He came from Kashyyyk for God sake. And he had literally NO important scenes on the Death Star at all! Obi-Wan on the other hand had pretty much the most powerful scene on the Death Star and EA turns a blind eye.

Oh, and this about "A hero the fans have wanted" stfu EA. I have not seen a single person say "Hey, they need to add Chewbacca" instead I've seen "Where's Obi-Wan?"

I swear down EA have only watched Star Wars once and just went by who they liked.

:rant: :censored: you EA. :rant:

Star Wars fans. Star Wars fans my :censored:.

PS: I despise EA, I have these moments. However good on them for actually AT LEAST adding Single Player. Also, when I say "EA" I mean DICE as well.

I didnt really think about it until now, but i kinda feel like chewbacca is overdue.
Although obi wan would have been better in the outer rim dlc, he was kinda past his prime by the whole rebellion thing. Heck, he was dead for alot of it.
It could also be a balance issue as to why he hasn't been added. Too many lightsabers might be unbalanced.

Quote from: Ltin on July 16, 2016, 07:07:54 PM
I didnt really think about it until now, but i kinda feel like chewbacca is overdue.
Although obi wan would have been better in the outer rim dlc, he was kinda past his prime by the whole rebellion thing. Heck, he was dead for alot of it.
It could also be a balance issue as to why he hasn't been added. Too many lightsabers might be unbalanced.
As much as I wanted Obi-Wan, you do have a good point.

BTW the heroes for the Rogue One DLC are Jyn Erso and Director Krennic (The dude with the big white cape).

Also, keep in mind that one of the devs tweeted that there would be an 8 vs. 8 heroes vs. villains one day. If that's true the we have two extra hero slots.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 16, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
Where has this been confirmed? As far as I'm concerned only Star Wars HQ have guessed this, not even confirmed.

It was confirmed here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/news-from-star-wars-celebration-europe?sf47414363=1

"The developers also confirmed the upcoming heroes as Bossk, and one we know you've all been waiting for, everyone's favorite co-pilot, Chewbacca. Chewie has been one of the most requested heroes and we are excited to see him team up alongside current heroes including his partner, Han Solo"