What Games do you like to play overall?

Started by Helios, October 17, 2012, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 24, 2013, 07:11:37 PM
Ive started minecraft and i must say... That i wasted my money, well not all of it i like the maps.
I don't see why people like the game. My little brother plays it as much as I play SWBF! (that's A LOT.)
Maybe it appeals to certain types of people. It just seems so, I don't know.  :shrug: It's always "You can build whatever you want!" Well I would rather do that in real life. Just get a giant box of LEGO's or something!

I probably just offended like half this site. :shrug:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 08:20:46 PM
I don't see why people like the game. My little brother plays it as much as I play SWBF! (that's A LOT.)
Maybe it appeals to certain types of people. It just seems so, I don't know.  :shrug: It's always "You can build whatever you want!" Well I would rather do that in real life. Just get a giant box of LEGO's or something!

minecraft is one of those things where you either like it or you dont. Its really that simple. I play minecraft just as often as swbf

January 26, 2013, 08:28:26 AM #107 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:31:29 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 24, 2013, 08:20:46 PM

There's a difference right there Kit. Minecraft costs $20 to build whatever, keep it as is, add to it, save it, share it, etc. LEGO costs $100s of dollars to build whatever, hard to keep as it is, easy to add to it, impossible to save it (unless you happen to take a photo of it), and you can only share it by photos. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 26, 2013, 08:28:26 AM
There's a difference right there Kit. Minecraft costs $20 to build whatever, keep it as is, add to it, save it, share it, etc. LEGO costs $100s of dollars to build whatever, hard to keep as it is, easy to add to it, impossible to save it (unless you happen to take a photo of it), and you can only share it by photos. :P
but minecraft also has mechanics that may not be wanted, and requires a computer.

Quote from: Ltin on January 26, 2013, 08:32:49 AM
but minecraft also has mechanics that may not be wanted, and requires a computer.

Your forgetting that some can't afford LEGO as well as a computer. I remember from my LEGO magazine in '06, the recreation of Boba's Slave 1 was like $60. The newer 2012 remake costs $120!!! I can't believe how much the price of LEGO has skyrocketed in the past few years.

They make Lego PC building games, unfortunatly they are from the '90s...

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

January 26, 2013, 02:10:23 PM #111 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:11:55 PM by {212th} Norris
Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 24, 2013, 07:11:37 PM
Ive started minecraft and i must say... That i wasted my money, well not all of it i like the maps.
:sick: [spoiler][/spoiler]

If the server my friends and I made was up at the moment I would be posting about 50 screen shots of the stuff we have built. Minecraft can get boring but never old  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 26, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
If the server my friends and I made was up at the moment I would be posting about 50 screen shots of the stuff we have built. Minecraft can get boring but never old  :tu:

Said like a true man. I agree. :)

January 26, 2013, 02:18:19 PM #113 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:25:19 PM by BlackScorpion
Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 26, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
  :sick: [spoiler][/spoiler]

If you're going to make this claim--a claim that I don't necessarily agree with; alternatively, I don't necessarily agree with it--I think you need to differentiate between a game "get[ting] boring" and becoming "old."

With my new PC I've been playing a lot of Crysis 2, now that I can afford to bump the settings up.

The gameplay's really good because while you're a superhuman, you still have a lot of flaws. You end up playing a game of hit and run. There's a lot of moments where it's best to escape and use invisibility to get to better areas of the map. Energy management is important, and fun!

Dem leaves.

#TYBG

Anyone excited for any upcoming games?
I think this thing "Monolithsoft" looks pretty grand. I'll get it once I can afford a Wii U, also when it actually comes out.

But why WiiU only? I'm never a fan of 3rd party games being exclusive to a console. :(

#TYBG

I like Star Wars Battlefront II and SWBF1. I think in battlefront 2 there is a lot more you can do, but battlefront 1 was given enough time to be finished unlike the 2nd part. Both are overall fun. Kotor 1 and 2(With the restoration mod) are very beast. Super smash brothers brawl and melee are cool and I am a big fan of Mortal Kombat 2011.
Most star wars Games are fun to, so really I can't pick and choose what the best ones could be. some have good story, action or some other third thing that makes them stand out.  :moo: Moo.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on January 27, 2013, 09:45:00 PM
Kotor 1 and 2(With the restoration mod) are very beast.
Agreed. If anyone else plays KOTOR2 the droid planet has also just been restored. It's on the deadly stream website. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Josh on January 26, 2013, 12:03:46 PM
They make Lego PC building games, unfortunatly they are from the '90s...

I owned one for awhile. It was called Lego Loco. It was too much for the normal household computer for its time and would cause your computer to run very slowly or completely crash. Mine crashed. Nowadays, you can download the Lego Brick Maker software for free, build what you want, and order the pieces for your custom creation online. I spent so much time with that. :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper