2015 steam summer sale

Started by Jamman, June 12, 2015, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Steam summer sale 2015

Has anyone bought any game and thought either oh boy I'm glad i bought this! or I will not recommend this game!

I am trying not to impulse buy as usual so anything is appreciated.

Sir, You are Being Hunted is an amazing game.  Probably within my all-time favorite video games.  It's $5.00.

Audiosurf is good fun, too.

So far I have gotten the above two, both Portals, Bully, Dirt Rally, the original Grid, and Wreckfest.

I've played only Portal 1, Wreckfest, Audiosurf and Sir, you are being hunted.

When does the sale end?  I want to buy some games at the end of the sale but I'll be gone for the rest of the week.   :dry:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Sale ends June 22nd. I bought BeamNG.drive (even though it was 10% off and it was $25, well worth the money). Would recommend if you'd like a good physics sandbox for vehicles.

I got The Orange Box for $5, H1Z1 for $15, and Storm United for $10 (A nice FPS Indie, but with a lack of players). I'm waiting for Star Wars games to go on sale because I need a new copy of Republic Commando since I lost my CD Key a while back. Another game worth looking into is Black Mesa, a Indie remake of HL1 which looks great.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

:D sale has been pretty average so far. since 2012, the sales have gone downhill :/ Im trying all sorts of 4 player games with friends over skype because its much more fun playing these new games where we all learn together than just get salty playing CS:GO :) If you need any help finding new games just ask... sometimes the better games are made by the smallest of developers... and the smallest of developers cant pay for their games to feature on the main page or in the daily deals... GabeN is a whore basically

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

I picked up Skyrim complete package and Game of Thrones  :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Stuck in a wedge between TM2 Canyon, or Transformers: War For Cybertron (or Sky Nations, some indie game that's like airships meet Minecraft).

Can't say I regret buying BeamNG.drive though, pretty good fun for crushing cars. Unfortunately burning myself out for a good 22 hours of gameplay on it has caused me to be in a rut as far as what other game I should buy. No idea what to buy, and keep in mind I've only $16 in my wallet.

I picked up Garry's Mod for $4.99 (well worth it) and I may get the Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 pack before the sale is over.

This isn't really Steam Sale-related, but does anyone here use Blender?  I noticed that it was free, and I've always been kind of curious.

June 18, 2015, 01:03:56 PM #8 Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:17:01 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: Shazam on June 18, 2015, 10:42:12 AM
I picked up Garry's Mod for $4.99 (well worth it) and I may get the Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 pack before the sale is over.

This isn't really Steam Sale-related, but does anyone here use Blender?  I noticed that it was free, and I've always been kind of curious.
Haven't used it, but from the off-and-on talk I've heard of it over the years, it's a fairly tricky/finnicky software to use unless you know what you're doing. If you want to expand your horizons beyond SketchUp, and get into 3d modelling some more, Blender's a good place to start with.

On topic, I had a friend of mine gift me a copy of Orion: Prelude (he had a 4-pack and had some copies left over), and I must say it is quite good fun. The only issue is if you have a CPU that pumps out below 2.4GHz, you had best put everything on lowest possible settings, because you will experience lag (not as severe with low settings, but still some brutal FPS drops when fighting dinos close range). It has a system similar to Counter-Strike, in that you never have permanent weapons, and have to buy weapons each round, and the survival against the dinos can get intense. Overall though, very good fun, and there's loads of gamemodes I haven't even explored yet (partly due to the fact that there are very few servers open, and without password locks). I'd recommend getting it nonetheless, it's like 75 cents US. :P

Also, I've been looking at a game maker called GameGuru, it's built up pretty nicely, so all you have to do is drag and drop stuff essentially, and to top it off, you can have 8 players on your map you've built. Might actually buy (it's on for below $10), though I'm curious to hear your guys' thoughts. :P

Not buying anything. Gaben can't make me.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 18, 2015, 02:35:17 PM
Lord GabeN always finds a way Unit.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :) There are a lot of cool games on Steam, I will give you that. But I'm just not wanting to spend any money on that right now. :P
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Jamman on June 12, 2015, 11:30:02 AM
Steam summer sale 2015

Has anyone bought any game and thought either oh boy I'm glad i bought this! or I will not recommend this game!

I am trying not to impulse buy as usual so anything is appreciated.

If I could suggest anything to you (if you were looking for an interesting MP game) take a look at Natural Selection 2. I'm a dedicated player and although it's a tough player base, it's really a rewarding game if you stick with it. That is if  you don't already have it.

Well Gabe isn't getting me because...

1: My computer is still outta commission.

2: Still broke after recently pre-ordering the new Battlefront... with gift wrapping to myself...

*not trying to derail here, but you knew it was coming* So if you aint got the money you gotta stop the Gaben...

https://www.youtube.com/v/8tsHkpesBdY
photobucket limit image removed

I recently bought another gas mask anyway. That's plenty of entertainment.

Don't worry it's for non-creepy-weirdo purposes.

Gmod is good if you've got a bunch of friends of steam to play with regularly. There's a lot of amazing co-op horror maps that can be a lot of fun.

I look at the highest selling list on steam, bundlestars, GOG, GMG, HumbleBundle, etc when they are sale.  If I see something I want but it's not on sale, I got to cheapshark to see what it might sell for on sale and set up a text message alert for when it hits my price goal. 

Most popular in my house right now (besides SWBF) are Just Cause 2 Multiplayer, Goatsimulator, Portal2, Guns of Icarus, Lego Marvel Super Heros, Kerbal Space Program, and of course, GMOD.