SWBF War - Week 6 - Kashyyyk

Started by Bacara, January 23, 2011, 04:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have drawn from a hat and the next planet is...Kashyyyk!

We will be playing both maps of Kashyyyk. There are two of them, so if both teams win one it will remain a neutral planet. Again, if you plan on attending, please post here that you will be present and what team you are on. This way, I can sort out the teams beforehand to avoid confusion during the actual battle. Last weeks battle worked out perfectly, partially because of the attendance of players and the avoidance of team confusion.

I'm pretty sure that Buckler will host again, but it never hurts to have a backup host. So, if anybody is interested in being a secondary host in the case of Buckler's absence, please post here. Be aware that you must be able to host Direct Connection games, not GameRanger.

The date, time, IP address, etc. should all be figured out here in the next week or so and, more likely than not, the battle will be this upcoming weekend at the same time as the previous wars. I hope that we can have another great turnout like last week (we had about 15-20 people and it felt like a legit battle  :D). Thanks guys, and be on the lookout for updates.

~Bac
You can run, but you'll die tired.

I'm pretty sure I can join and also pretty sure I'll forget but PUT ME ON EMPIRE!

WOOKIES! Count me in. (Still Empire)

Aight, cool. Spread the word guys! Also, Buckler, if you could bring your clan again that would be great. Thanks,

~Bac

Oh, that's going to be laggy, with the water and stuff.  Count me in though
Drill Sergeant-Legends 1.0
Colonel-CIS
Junior Admin-Legends 2.0
Strategos-Battlefront Triumvirate
Commander-Legends 2.0
Free Agent

I'll be there or not, depending on time

I will try my hardest to remember this one!  :moo:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Just turn down ALL the video settings, that'll combat the lag.

Ill hopefully be there this time, cause the last couple times i was absent due to activities. (Empirates ftw!)
(insert signature here)

so um when will this be hosted?

ok ppplz listen up - everyone turn down graphics as much as possible and dont have anything open besides swf. This should combat the lag and make for a more enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, I am registered in a speech tournament (devilishly handsome and capable speeker that I am) that will most likely last all day saturday. So... tourney hosted sunday?

I can host anytime-- but I need to know when--let us know, Bacarra :)

I can try to get some PC players there again, not sure if I will be able to get as many, but I will spread the word when the time comes.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

OK, sounds like we're going to have another good turnout!  :D. This weekend will probably not be possible, because I have a crap load of projects I got to do and baseball tryouts just started and I'm trying to get a spot on the JV  8). So, we're looking at next weekend most likely, saturday being the more probable day. Probably around 6 EST. That work for everybody? If so, I can post the official details by either tomorrow or sunday. Thanks guys,

~Bac

I would like to join the tournament, If I am allowed to, just tell me when it is.

January 31, 2011, 07:17:29 PM #13 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:20:25 PM by {Remnant} Bacara
Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on January 31, 2011, 12:13:02 PM
I would like to join the tournament, If I am allowed to, just tell me when it is.
Sure thing, the more the better.

OK guys, unofficial details as of now:

Date: Saturday, February 5th
Time: 6 EST, 5 CST, 4 MTN, 3 PST, 11 GMT (for the europeans)
Maps: Both Kashyyyk maps
IP Address: 69.246.184.48
Rules: Same as before

*the date/time above is subject to change*

Just so nobody forgets, there will be a CC buffer map 30 minutes before the alloted times above. If you can make it, please do so we can set up the teams beforehand so as to avoid confusion during the actual match.

Just so the CC buffer doesn't end early on accident, I'm going to set up rules for it. So...
1) You may fight each other.
2) No CPs during the buffer, so that the reinforcement count won't go down fast.
3) In the event of an accidental capture of a CP, all fighting is to cease until that CP is captured back by it's rightful owner.
4) Once everybody is present, either me or Buckler will tell one team to capture all the CPs so as to end the buffer. During this time, there should be no fighting whatsoever. Neither team should impede the other from capturing their CP and if you do you will be given a warning. If you ignore the warning, and continue fighting, you will be booted from the server. No excuses or exceptions.

I just want to lay down these ground rules so that the actual match doesn't start early because some guy captured all the CPs. I will not be as harsh about these rules this week, but the ensuing weeks I will start to crack down. I just want to make the buffer and the match enjoyable for everyone.

On that note, I hope that a bunch of people can make it. Spread the word and tell people about this site. We can always use more players!

Also, Buckler, if you could bring your clan again that would be great. We really enjoyed the extra boost in players and competition.
Thanks all,

~Bac

Hey Bacarra,

I need to add an additional rule--any swearing or cursing should be at a minimum, preferably none at all.  Our PC based clan is very strict in this regard and we won't have as many players as we do if we allow it.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet