How to ignore a members PMs

Started by Led, September 16, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
To ignore a members PMs, go to your Profile, Modify Profile, Buddies/Ignore List, then add a members name as appropriate.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Can you please clarify what can and cannot be sent in PM's? Also, I've only sent messages to one member in the last month, who are not named Nixo, Oven, and Buckler, that would be "Elite".

Quote from: Ten Numb on September 16, 2013, 05:04:14 PM
Can you please clarify what can and cannot be sent in PM's? Also, I've only sent messages to one member in the last month, who are not named Nixo, Oven, and Buckler, that would be "Elite".
For the most part, it is your discretion what can and cannot be sent (what you say can and will be used against you).  If you have been receiving abusive messages, they can be reported (just like a normal post).  The same goes for the other person, you can also be reported if you send an abusive message.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on September 16, 2013, 05:46:31 PM
For the most part, it is your discretion what can and cannot be sent (what you say can and will be used against you).  If you have been receiving abusive messages, they can be reported (just like a normal post).  The same goes for the other person, you can also be reported if you send an abusive message.
I just don't think I've seen a rule that said, "do not curse in PM's".

Quote from: Ten Numb on September 16, 2013, 05:51:44 PM
I just don't think I've seen a rule that said, "do not curse in PM's".

It is part of the website rules.  PMs are not an exception.   I don't look at PMs, but they can be reported.

But in general, anyone that is smart enough to be on this website should be smart enough to know that I can't list every single instance for proper behavior and manners. 

If you have doubts about if something is appropriate to send by PM or post on the website, ask to yourself "If my mom sees this, would I be embarrassed?"  If the answer is yes, don't send it or post it here.

September 16, 2013, 06:46:10 PM #5 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:51:22 PM by Ten Numb
Well if I go by that, I wouldn't have any doubts. I think a PM rule should be added to the forum rules section, since I was very unaware, and I would have reported some messages myself if I knew. I just thought PM's were some sort of 'off limits' on moderating thing, since users have the option to block. The forum rules... well I thought it was for the forum only, since it did not mention PM's. I don't think just because of one member, or what ever amount reported me, my PM option should be removed.   

September 16, 2013, 06:57:33 PM #6 Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:02:49 PM by Buckler
If you read my first post, it did not mention your name, only how other members can block PMs in general.

I contacted you by PM to explain the issues.  You have chosen to take this public. You have been given an informal warning and further explanation by PM.  I fail to see why this merits me taking time to add more rules.  This just doesn't come up very often, and now you know.

Yes, because you never answered my questions in PM... I was going to make a topic but I saw this.