Hardware upgrade for website

Started by Led, July 27, 2013, 09:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hostgator interrupted our service for a hardware upgrade.

Sorry for the disturbance, but it is supposed to have to new features (that we may or may not make use of)   ;)

I didn't get a chance to announce it in advance.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I felt a a great disturbance in the service.

New features... such as? You can't leave us on such a tantalising cliff hanger.

Would this have caused the infrequent disruption I've seen here today? (I checked with a copule of those other "is it down" sites and they confirmed the site actually has gone down at times today).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on August 02, 2013, 01:57:06 PM
Would this have caused the infrequent disruption I've seen here today? (I checked with a copule of those other "is it down" sites and they confirmed the site actually has gone down at times today).
Site has gone down a lot for me too. It's down more then it's up, from what I have seen.  :(

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Buckler on August 02, 2013, 07:37:21 AM
The moved us to a new location in Utah on new hardware and have probably overloaded the server with other websites...

If the site host is having new (or old) hardware problems then we will probably go up and down several times till it is resolved.

New hardware is fun :P

I wouldn't worry unless it stays down for a full day or so. Even then, I wouldn't expect data loss, as what we have seen is just connectivity issues, not lost posts or anything.