Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would anybody be against me adding a third primary weapon to the Jet Trooper, Wookie Smuggler and Dark Trooper? ATM I'm not 100% certain what I would give them (the Droideka would be tricky to give something else to because it's a walkerdroid unit) but I'm thinking the Dark Trooper might get a DLT-19.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on December 20, 2016, 03:47:59 PM
She's rigged up  :cheer:

From the front, she has a slimmer profile than the AT-AT. All this from my SWBFIII AT-AT conversion and a shamefuly low-poly DICE AT-ACT mesh that I had to practically rebuild from scratch (I used only the head and cargo containers).

Now I just got to figure out how to make her 40% bigger than the AT-AT.

Really nice indeed, but i thought you would have modified the blaster cannons a little bit, see the cannon's support is not totaly spherical, but a little bit more square:

"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Though, it'd be good to see it completely accurate, but that's the thing with life. You can't get everything accurate.
The years just fly past, don't they?

December 21, 2016, 05:42:59 AM #139 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:03:59 AM by Gistech
The mesh is that way, the texture just makes it harder to see.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 21, 2016, 03:19:56 AM
Would anybody be against me adding a third primary weapon to the Jet Trooper, Wookie Smuggler and Dark Trooper? ATM I'm not 100% certain what I would give them (the Droideka would be tricky to give something else to because it's a walkerdroid unit) but I'm thinking the Dark Trooper might get a DLT-19.

I feel like that might over shadow the other classes if that particular one has three weapons. Maybe if the primary weapon is different per map rather than have three at once? If anything, I think the engineer class could use some diversity when it comes to primary weapons, since it's the only class that is basically the same for all factions. If you want to add more weapons, that would be the class for it in my opinion.

Quote from: Rookie 1 on December 22, 2016, 12:30:01 AM
I feel like that might over shadow the other classes if that particular one has three weapons. Maybe if the primary weapon is different per map rather than have three at once? If anything, I think the engineer class could use some diversity when it comes to primary weapons, since it's the only class that is basically the same for all factions. If you want to add more weapons, that would be the class for it in my opinion.

Good point.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 21, 2016, 05:42:59 AM
The mesh is that way, the texture just makes it harder to see.

Ah yes...perfect nothing to say  :cheers:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

December 25, 2016, 10:38:46 AM #143 Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:29:20 AM by Gistech
The AT-ACT is in!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

At the moment, it's just using the AT-AT's ODF and weapons. I need to figure out how I'm going to get a supply drop to work (as the AT-ACT is a cargo transport, I thought it would be a good idea to have the orbital strike replaced by a supply drop which will drop down either supply droids on the location or health or ammo). And yes, that is Kashyyyk: Beachhead. I'm reviving this map for Phase 2. I have yet to decide if I want the AT-ACT in this map for the final version, and that's because when I put it in and tested it, I realised just how small this map actually is. Though there is a chance I could put it into Docks instead, which is a larger map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 17, 2016, 02:59:19 PM
Here's the finished Shoretrooper model. Thanks go to the Designated Days team for the head and pack model. I screenshotted the EA model for the rest of it.

Is there a chance you upload this as an asset? Anyway we are working on this project, http://www.moddb.com/company/rogue-one-mod-for-star-wars-battlefront-2/images/shoretrooper-re-skin#imagebox
would you like to join us?
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

No to both, I'm afraid. The shoretrooper isn't implemented and I don't release an asset until I've implemented it. As for being in your team, I have enough work with this mod. Sorry.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 26, 2016, 01:25:23 AM
No to both, I'm afraid. The shoretrooper isn't implemented and I don't release an asset until I've implemented it. As for being in your team, I have enough work with this mod. Sorry.
Well i appreciate that you responded loud and clear at least
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Working on the U-Wing. I've started with the DICE model and I'm de-rezzing it so it's a bit more friendly to SWBF. That's a lot of hard work though: there's so many parts for this mesh.

In Progress:

On Hold:

Gistech i know a method for de-rezzing the model automatically with amazing results.Dont lose time lowering them manually.If you import your model into XSI 7.5 and go to Poly.Mesh and then to Polygon Reduction your models will have holes when you lower the polygons.However i found a cool method without holes.There is a program Accu3D.You just open your model and click polygon Reduction and then you do not reduce the polys.You just saving your model again.So Accu3D is doing something to the model even that you haven't reduced any polys.Then you import that model into XSI 7.5 and this time again going to Poly.Mesh and Polygon reduction.And now this time when you reduce polygons there will be no holes to your models or missing parts at all.Thats the most easy and fast way to reduce one model and its look almost the same like the original model before the reduction.if you want the program PM me.

I prefer to do it manually. Sure, it takes time but I can be guaranteed the shape will turn out how I want it to.
In Progress:

On Hold: