Does anyone have Renegade Squadron, and Elite Squadron?

Started by ThePlushieZone, January 22, 2018, 12:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do any of you guys have all of the game files for Battlefront: RS and ES for PSP. I wan't to try porting it to PS2.

What do you mean by "game files"? Do you mean the raw files? Or a UMD dump? The latter would be easy to get ahold of, whereas the former... I asked Rebellion Developments for a small bit of assets from these games some time ago, and they don't even have the source files. Those rest squarely within the LucasArts archives.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Porting a game is much, much harder than you make it out to be.  And you aren't going to find the source code anywhere, which will make it nigh impossible.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 22, 2018, 04:00:14 PM
Porting a game is much, much harder than you make it out to be.  And you aren't going to find the source code anywhere, which will make it nigh impossible.

Heck, we don't even have the source code for the Pandemic games, and they were released on PC.

I think it would be better to try and port the maps but you'd have to rip and clean up those games yourself.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

It depends what files you want from the games. Google "Renegade Squadron PSP iso" and you'll find some downloads.

January 23, 2018, 10:54:57 AM #5 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:58:15 AM by MamaLuigi
I'm thinking of making an elf file that tells the PS2 to load all of the file RS or ES uses, If it works, it works, if not: then at least I tried.

Also, I wan't to play the game on my Android phone. I tried looking up the iso's, but Emuparadise and Freeroms both tried giving me a .exe file named as the iso would...

Of course I cancelled the downloads when I saw the file size: 8KB - whereas the game is 904MB.

Hmm, how would you go about doing that? I doubt making an all new ELF file for both of the games will be all that easy.

Quote from: MamaLuigi on January 23, 2018, 10:54:57 AM
I'm thinking of making an elf file that tells the PS2 to load all of the file RS or ES uses, If it works, it works, if not: then at least I tried.

Also, I wan't to play the game on my Android phone. I tried looking up the iso's, but Emuparadise and Freeroms both tried giving me a .exe file named as the iso would...

Of course I cancelled the downloads when I saw the file size: 8KB - whereas the game is 904MB.

That's strange. I downloaded the Renegade Squadron iso from Emuparadise and got a .rar file which was around 700MB. I'm not sure I can share the direct link here but google "renegade squadron iso" and you should get it.