What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 11:16:54 PM
I love you. Don't read my signature now. This is for Battlefront 1 right? I don't have 2 installed.
No, it's a battlefrontII mod, incompatible with SWBFI.
Which is why I said there isn't any mod map like that for BFI.
That map is cool too though, it's definitely worth the download.

While ground-to-space seems great in theory, it fell apart in Elite Squadron and pretty much broke up the flow of gameplay.
However if done well... I guess it could work? What we really want is airborne vehicles above land-based maps again since they were so unfairly taken away from us, right?
Still the imagery of taking down a frigate or Star Destroyer from the ground is quite appealing.

Well, seems, most of good ideas was already posted, I may only say, it's cud be nice, if creators, made the game, based on SWBF1, with overhuge memory slots, totaly modable, and let the modders do the rest.

Still, I doubt it's ever may happens. Most likely, it will be the game, with usualy modern games mistakes, which ruin all the realistic, of modern graphic improvements, and which I realy hope, not to find out:

1. Screen, overloaded by blinking huds and reticules, when they no needed at all :sick:
2. No 3rd person view, or made it in RPG stile (high abowe camera). :sick:
3. Lots of no needed award effects or other arcade crazy things. :sick:
4. Unrealistic human animation and movement. :sick:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 13, 2013, 05:51:42 PM
Gold Man, you do realise I design stuff for games as a hobby right?

First off. With ground to space how many people do you think are going to use the fighters or bombers for taking out the enemy ship? Instead I think I would personally go down to the planet where there is a load of infantry fresh for killing. Even if they did focus on destroying the enemy ship once they had destroyed they would then shift their focus to killing the enemy infantry. Ask yourself, how much fun is it getting ripped to pieces by a ship's cannons. 

what i would like to see is the ships can fight in space and upper atmosphere of the planet, but you have to leave the ships to fight on the ground, or they cant attack infantry. tanks abd planes are OPed in BF1, id like to see some kind of balance in BF3.

A lot of you want a game based on SWBFI and I understand why, but I would rather have them base it on the Battlefront series. It just works better that way because SWBFII has some really great stuff, both games do and if they base Battlefront '15(?) (what do we call the new battlefront?) on the first 2 games we will still get a wonderful game.
Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 11:16:54 PM
This is for Battlefront 1 right? I don't have 2 installed.
Oh sorry. I knew it was for SWBFII but I assumed people had it installed. :slap:
I have never played the map because, from what I've seen it looks like a bridge map and those get boring real fast, unless done correctly (in short a way to flank the enemy)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 14, 2013, 06:25:25 AM
A lot of you want a game based on SWBFI and I understand why, but I would rather have them base it on the Battlefront series. It just works better that way because SWBFII has some really great stuff, both games do and if they base Battlefront '15(?) (what do we call the new battlefront?) on the first 2 games we will still get a wonderful game.Oh sorry. I knew it was for SWBFII but I assumed people had it installed. :slap:
I have never played the map because, from what I've seen it looks like a bridge map and those get boring real fast, unless done correctly (in short a way to flank the enemy)
I can't sacrifice any more space for games. Battlefront 1 and a few visual novels is all I can spare.

What would I like to see? Well, given their stance on Single Player, I'd like DICE to implement Instant Action and Galactic Conquest modes for Single Player and not just a Campaign like they have done with the Battlefield series. Galactic Conquest should be something new. Instant Action... well, you all know how that works. I think with Next Gen consoles, AI would be vastly improved and we could have more than the 16 per team that the last generation could handle. Five or six unit choices per team would do, each with a unique unit or two to balance the gameplay a bit. Heroes, of course, are welcome. Space-to-ground is something I could do with or without. But the one thing I want above all else is to make those battles much more grand than the original games could muster.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

On the note of killstreaks.. What could you have though? 11 kills for a Jedi? Radar? Counter-Radar?

I personally wouldn't want to see playable jedi, especially as a reward, as it just makes the best players better and puts the worst players even further behind but the more options for servers the better.
Also it's very unlikely in a modern game but I would like to see medpacks instead of the auto heal most games have now. I miss sneaking around with just a fraction of my health. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 15, 2013, 07:43:43 AM
I personally wouldn't want to see playable jedi, especially as a reward, as it just makes the best players better and puts the worst players even further behind but the more options for servers the better.
Also it's very unlikely in a modern game but I would like to see medpacks instead of the auto heal most games have now. I miss sneaking around with just a fraction of my health. :)

I'm with ya right there gdh, playable Jedi are the worst. They're extremely OP in SWBFII, and makes the best players look like noobs in my opinion.

As for medpacks, I would love to see those again. Having the last dot of health, 1 guy left, and if you die it's game over.

Personally, I'd like them to bring back CC in the game, just for a splash of nostalgia in the game. ;)

If anything though, you need to add the Z-6 rotary cannon to the classes, that gun by far is my favourite. :D

Quote from: {212} Nixo on June 15, 2013, 07:30:26 AM
On the note of killstreaks.. What could you have though? 11 kills for a Jedi? Radar? Counter-Radar?
what is counter-radar never heard of such a thing

Quote from: Phobos on June 15, 2013, 08:58:03 AM
what is counter-radar never heard of such a thing

SWBF1 has SensorJam as a bonus in SP mode, perhaps that is what he is talking about.

Other games also have some sort of minimap "fog".
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 15, 2013, 07:43:43 AM
Actually check your SWBFII game again. There is an option to award the worst player the hero.

I like Jedi, I usually do worse with them online so they aren't that great. But in singleplayer they are quite fun. If they don't have that I won't be too sad but I will be a little sad. :shrug:

In a SWGO server I play in all the time they award the hero to the person that just killed a hero, I think that's pretty cool.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 15, 2013, 06:41:48 PM
Actually check your SWBFII game again. There is an option to award the worst player the hero.

I like Jedi, I usually do worse with them online so they aren't that great. But in singleplayer they are quite fun. If they don't have that I won't be too sad but I will be a little sad. :shrug:

In a SWGO server I play in all the time they award the hero to the person that just killed a hero, I think that's pretty cool.

If it's the open public one that I've seen before, that servers a noobfest. I've always hated playing there, since the players use that Hero class to rack up kills and they generally become unstoppable. It doesn't really matter if your the worst or the best, regardless it makes any player online a noob. Wish they made the Jedi a little more balanced in SWBFII, like you could actually stand a chance against them rather than be force-pushed and then hacked up in an instant.

All I know is that it is called Jedi Battle Arena, there are always people on the server, Friendly Fire is off (yay), and people are generally nice. It's like the SWBFII PLA clan.

And I think you forget that Heroes can be turned off in all game modes. In multiplayer it is, of course, up to the host but in the server I play in it is very rare that you encounter a hero because they get killed so quickly from all the super good players.