What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I bet its going to be a star wars version of Medal Of Honor and fps games like that..  :dry: It also better have the option for 3rd person, because in most cases I hate 1st person.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on June 13, 2013, 12:42:04 PM
I bet its going to be a star wars version of Medal Of Honor and fps games like that..  :dry: It also better have the option for 3rd person, because in most cases I hate 1st person.
SWRC is the only First person game that I actually liked/loved.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 13, 2013, 11:36:25 AM
edit- 7. Full sized naboo, with the palace on a cliff and everything!
That just made me think of an amazing map idea: The hanger from Phantom Menace when they get into the Naboo star fighters. That area would make for an amazing small map.

June 13, 2013, 01:44:53 PM #18 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:20:11 AM by Phobos
basically id want it like bf1 gameplay, with better graphics and more features. some things i would hope to see most if not all of implemented:

multiplayer galactic conquest. this is very important imo and the feature i want to see implemented most.
ability to mod for free. im not gonna pay for skins crosshairs etc.
shotguns, more shotguns
ability to toggle game chat view on/off
more server host options
limit of 1000 mod maps in addon
ghost cam to follow other players
have more than 2 ai follow you at once. allow up to 16 AI to follow you around
up to 10 units selectable per side (with mods, does not have to be the default)
get over 255 kills without it restarting from 0
shots register better, less lag, hitbox synched to visual model
some customization for special units would be fun. allow to pick a primary (emp launcher or shotgun for example), and then a secondary weapons.
large scale battles where you start off in space and then fly down to surface to fight
support for many models, collisions, props, etc. being loaded at once. todays hardware can allow for massive epic battles online and in SP.
a third type of chat visible in game, for clan members only, like a clan chat sort of, or ingame VOIP.
several teams playable, like up to four factions fighting at once plus locals.
greatly enhanced classlabel support. things like autofire support for remote weapons. also 5+ weapons working online.
lots of maps for SP and campaigns. instead of 16 stock maps, lets have at least 64.
superior AI programming. make it so the AI can recognize a player as a CP and chase them around the entire map. make another difficulty even harder than hard, called insane.
lots of HUD customization, more awards, better stats tracking.
no (or minimal) jedi i want the game focus on shooting like bf1, not overpowered melee as in bf2.
ability to add water tiles on more than one horizontal axis.
greater map editor abilities, 3D AI pathing for maps.
Elevators, and hotels.
players automatically download mod maps from servers they dont have the map for.
huge tournaments wars etc
lots and lots (and lots) of aliens

i could go on and on listing more ideas i have so many but well just have to wait and see whats in store. even if this game is really great ill still play the original BF1 since it is my favorite game to mod

also another thing i hope they keep using LUA or something similar/better for letting hosts customize their servers better.

Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 01:41:48 PM
That just made me think of an amazing map idea: The hanger from Phantom Menace when they get into the Naboo star fighters. That area would make for an amazing small map.
I think that part of the palace was actually made for SWBFII. I heard the models were created using blender.
I've seen REALLY nice simulations on Sketchup warehouse, but never in SWBFI :/
It is a must for this game.

For Christmas, I would like a SWBF that has the following things.

I'd like to see less rigid classes and a more robust inventory.
Start playing as a class, but still have the ability to change loadouts without having to respawn.
If a guy finds an rpg, he should be able to pick it up and use it if he has the ammo.

Player place-able/build-able/repairable/destructible:
-radar sensors for teams
-radar jammers for teams
-shields
-turrets
-vehicle repair depots/droids
-health depots/droids
-ammo dispenser/droids

Destructible everything (at least Mercenaries style, if not better.)

A useful medic class.

A useful heavy or tank class.

Better melee with variable damage instead of instant death.

Animals.  Star Wars has a ton of animals, the games only have the ones you can ride.  I want to see womp rats and mynochs.

NPC droids that move around and serve a purpose. (even if they just say "Oh Dear!" all the time, that would be something to shoot at.)

Fewer "Superman" all powerful Jedi, and more of the lame, not so good mediocre Jedi that would make up the bulk of their fighting forces.
Basicly zero focus on heros.  Make it all about the squad or team.

More dynamic space skirmishes.
-Capital ships that maneuver intelligently.
-Expanded boarding party options.

A difference between Ion and Blaster type damage.

Spotters for artillery, snipers, orbital strikes, ect..

Proceduraly generated (infinite) terrain.

Forward and rear command posts that actually have some sort of impact on gameplay other than as a spawn point. (enables or disables supporting artillery/radar, ect...)

Less focus on graphics, more focus on gameplay mechanics and balance.

Oh.. and jam it into a package that even old Luddites like me can run on an old XP machine. (most of the above already existed in a game from the 90's, so don't say it can't be done...)

Quote from: tirpider on June 13, 2013, 12:27:21 PM
1. DirectX9c support

Good luck with that, the Frostbite 2 engine that runs Battlefield 3 requires a minimum of DirectX 10 or 11. No DirectX9. Sorry, tirpider. :(

Yeah, I know.
It's a shame that all that high tech stuff is needed for a prettier explosion.
Seems like a waste to me.

Quote from: tirpider on June 13, 2013, 12:27:21 PM
1. DirectX9c support
This, even though I have a DX11 card I really don't need all the special effects if it means I don't get to run at 60FPS.

I've gotten sick of all the modern shooters going around, so I'm no longer excited for this. Give me a platformer any day. (And that is coming from a guy who can beat any of his friends at any shooter.) If they can manage to make the gameplay be fair for a change I'll buy it. Otherwise I have effectively bailed on all the shooters I own.

Also no ground to space. I'm sorry, it is a gimmick nothing else the gameplay wouldn't really be all that fun.

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 13, 2013, 05:23:28 PM
This, even though I have a DX11 card I really don't need all the special effects if it means I don't get to run at 60FPS.

I've gotten sick of all the modern shooters going around, so I'm no longer excited for this. Give me a platformer any day. (And that is coming from a guy who can beat any of his friends at any shooter.) If they can manage to make the gameplay be fair for a change I'll buy it. Otherwise I have effectively bailed on all the shooters I own.

Also no ground to space. I'm sorry, it is a gimmick nothing else the gameplay wouldn't really be all that fun.

Eh, seeing as how DICE has perfected the modern shooter, I could see them changing a few things with this around, as I'm thinking they might try and mix things up for this one specifically. Modern warfare is much different than the galactic scale battles Star Wars had.

As with ground to space, it would be a very catchy strategic option. For clans and armies alike, ground to space is like adding in that extra reinforcement or option of escape or regroup. Think about it, you could coordinate where your men are on the ground, and even work out the strategy for the land battle from above, as well as plan out how your men will attack the opponent's ship. In other words, it's like mixing real-time strategy with first-person shooter, I would definitely play that. Shame there's no games that have an RTS element in an FPS environment for PC.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 13, 2013, 05:41:03 PM
Shame there's no games that have an RTS element in an FPS environment for PC.

The original Starsiege: Tribes (the good one) and Battlezone 2 imidiatly come to mind.

Gold Man, you do realise I design stuff for games as a hobby right?

First off. With ground to space how many people do you think are going to use the fighters or bombers for taking out the enemy ship? Instead I think I would personally go down to the planet where there is a load of infantry fresh for killing. Even if they did focus on destroying the enemy ship once they had destroyed they would then shift their focus to killing the enemy infantry. Ask yourself, how much fun is it getting ripped to pieces by a ship's cannons. 

Secondly, the gameplay is terrible unfair is these games. It becomes a matter of I see you first your dead. Wait, but I saw you first and I still died? Ah that was the beauty of the my level 50 perks. Yup, these games sure are perfected and well balanced.

Finally, good RTS-FPS hybrid? Ain't no better one than Urban Assault, it's dated and doesn't run properly on modern hardware. But man was it a great game. Shame a sequel never came.

Quote from: SleepKiller on June 13, 2013, 05:51:42 PM
Gold Man, you do realise I design stuff for games as a hobby right?

First off. With ground to space how many people do you think are going to use the fighters or bombers for taking out the enemy ship? Instead I think I would personally go down to the planet where there is a load of infantry fresh for killing. Even if they did focus on destroying the enemy ship once they had destroyed they would then shift their focus to killing the enemy infantry. Ask yourself, how much fun is it getting ripped to pieces by a ship's cannons. 

Secondly, the gameplay is terrible unfair is these games. It becomes a matter of I see you first your dead. Wait, but I saw you first and I still died? Ah that was the beauty of the my level 50 perks. Yup, these games sure are perfected and well balanced.

Finally, good RTS-FPS hybrid? Ain't no better one than Urban Assault, it's dated and doesn't run properly on modern hardware. But man was it a great game. Shame a sequel never came.

Ok, ok, next time I'l make sure to speak my opinion and not quote your post. :P Didn't expect ya to rip it up like that.

Anyways, I see where you're going with the Level-up stuff, it can be a real pain in the butt in the modern shooters. Hoping however that the level-up crap does get dumbed down a bit, that way it would be more on a basis of skill than who has the most perks. Killlstreaks however I think would suit nicely, without the perks.

Anyways, thanks for the game titles, SK and tirpider, I'l be sure to look 'em up and see if they appeal to me.

Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 01:41:48 PM
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/;85165
:)