[CANCELLED]"Star Wars: Battlefront Expanded" Official Mod Thread

Started by Giftheck, December 08, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry, I've already come out with my idea, and it's in the post above you... but you rpobably didn't see it since I edited my post at the same time you made your post.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

two seconds difference in the posts. wow. :o.

back on topic: I like this idea. but how would you limit it to three mines per battlefield?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

With this line:

MaxItems        = "3.0"
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I found a way of making a weapon not be able to refill its ammo from a recharge droid or ammo pack. That way ensures that you can only have 3 EMP mines at a time and it is also the reason that you can't refill on Health and ammo packs from a recharge droid
put this line in the weapon odf, not the ord odf or exp odf

RefillFromItem      = 0
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Incorrect. It won't stop you from refilling at an ammo droid but it will stop you from refilling by picking up ammo packs. In any case, I won't use this line in the ODF of the EMP mine.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The mod is entering alpha stage. After I complete the alpha stage, it will enter beta stage. I need two or three beta testers, and I mean beta testers, and not simply people who want to get their hands on the mod first. Once beta testing is done, I will go onto fixing whatever was wrong in the beta that I missed (which will hopefully be very little or nothing). Once that's done, it's going out. I'd expect it out no later than about June, but you might get the mod earlier. It all depends on how quickly the alpha is done.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The alpha testing began today. I have tested nine maps in Clone Wars era today. Sad to say it, but there are things I've had to remove:

- Disguise Kit for Commando Droid - this is because the Commando Droid uses the Battledroid skeleton, and this in turn will awkwardly stretch the disguise.
- MTT/Rebel Hovernaut - despite my best efforts I cannot get the maps they were to feature in to work at all. It seems that Naboo: Plains and Rhen Var: Harbor hate being messed around with.
- Yoda - it seems as though while I can get away with modding existing animation sets to a degree (IE adding the AT-RT Driver anim), and I can add new special effects, I cannot get the game to work with custom skeletons in the main common.lvl. Trying automatically results in CTD upon startup.
- Phase I Prototype - I so wanted this unit in the game as the commander unit of the ARC Legion. However a skeleton problem with its left foot prevents me doing so.

Aside from those things, everything is proceeding exactly as I have forseen.

So, here are a few screens I have taken during the alpha tests today:

[Hide]

[/Hide]
In Progress:

On Hold:

BA bro!  :tu: Nice work.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Nice work ggctuk. Can't wait to play a new mod.

This is amazing. Nice work  :tu:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Well, it has been a long time since I even looked at this mod. There's been a lot going on these past few months, and it means I haven't had the time to come back to this mod.

I can tell you guys I expect this mod to be picked up again in September. I know what you're thinking - why am I waiting so long to finish this? Well, I go away at the end of August, and I think the time away will be great for doing a few things - first it will revitalize me, and second, I tend to have these odd flairs of inspiration while I'm on holiday. Dunno why - but I came up with most of the stuff that has been included so far when I was on holiday during Half Term week last October. As well as this, I can use the time to come up with new ideas that I might have missed the first time round.

So, yeah, sorry for leaving the mod and this thread cold for a long time.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hurrah, you're still alive! Good to know you're still around... and also have plans.

Well, this is a bit embarrasing. You are probably wondering, "What happened to this mod?"

It has been put on the back burner, mainly because despite my August holiday, I could not find the time nor the inspiration to finish it. That does not mean it won't ever get finished. I plan on starting a few 'warm-up' projects (mainly mission maps, that will probably use my custom setup and could be considered 'demo' material) in the New year before going full-pelt back into this mod.

Just to let you guys know I'm not dead.
In Progress:

On Hold: