Neon Cloud City

Started by SleepKiller, June 15, 2012, 05:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have worked for some time to make a mod like BattleBelk did in his chameleon one with the changing sun colour. Now that I finally done it my mind simply will not rest until I show it to someone!

Thoughts? Flames for being an arrogant show off?

Impressive! If you made some tool for this, please don't forget to release it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

June 15, 2012, 01:24:27 PM #3 Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:41:37 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on June 15, 2012, 05:15:24 AM
I have worked for some time to make a mod like BattleBelk did in his chameleon one with the changing sun color. Now that I finally done it my mind simply will not rest until I show it to someone!

Thoughts? Flames for being an arrogant show off?

Nice work, hopefully one day we can have a chameleon effect toggler for units, buildings, etc.
I notice in your video, you have a customized ifs_fakeconsole. Did you somehow get the LUA for this, or reconstruct it? Also I see you had cheat engine running at the end of video, is chameleon/neon effect done through a memory hack used in conjunction with a modified sky file? If it's still too early for you to share such knowledge I understand.

In battlebelk's video, only the dark trooper skin changes color, and with yours it's just building textures. I find it unlikely you both used the same exact method. Or perhaps, the same method but applied differently.  8)

This is just too groovy...and trippy.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

June 15, 2012, 03:16:57 PM #5 Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:23:42 PM by Phobos
I will be trying very hard to figure this out, there is a lot of potential for epic mods with this kind of discovery. Imagine this effect on Jabba goes party lol

These lights constantly changing colors would be so dope

hmm
A slow fade from light red to really really red, then back to light red, for a lava environment?

Quote from: tirpider on June 15, 2012, 03:47:23 PM
hmm
A slow fade from light red to really really red, then back to light red, for a lava environment?
Oh oh!

Ideas:
.Security "Alarm" Flashing
.Slow tonal change for a relaxing atmosphere...
.Lighting effects which relate to the skybox (For instance if the sky box contains a Space Battle, flashing would give the impression of explosions overhead)
.As tirpider said, slow fading to give the impression of temperature, reds for Heat, blues for the cold

In my vision, it may be usefull for some crystal maps, like Ilum: Crystal Canyon, by Snake. If it may be possible, to decrease speed, and intensivity of colors, it cud be nice spectacular effect...

I saw this while poking around through some swbf2 LUA scripts

startdelay = math.random() * 0.25,
I wonder if this could *somehow* be used to randomly cycle through textures, or sky/color configs, thru LUA?

It is realy confuse me: each object reflecting different color light in same time! How it's cud be?
Well, it is cud be great, if it may works only for some special for this map, but if it moded entire SWBF1, for all maps, without exception - it's may be fun, but for overall, it is may stay unusefull...

you should put this over the chamber entrance

My version
(I'll add more colors :D)

And I will post my "(SunColor)PartyTool" (in progress) & the source (addresses) in my thread  :cheers: