My thoughts on SWBF2EA

Started by Luna-old, November 14, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Spoilers may be involved.

So far; I've played a lot of the game recently and I've finished the campaign under 5 hours, and played tons of multiplayer matches!

[spoiler]The Single Player Campaign is very short and resides around Iden Versio finding out what Operation: Cinder is actually about. And that is the incineration of planets that the Emperor had pre-selected before his death. Planets include: Vardos and Naboo (Probably more but the New Republic destroys all the satellites and prevents them from using them again.) And, some of the chapters don't even have you playing as Iden. You either play as, Luke, Han, or Leia. And in the last chapter, you play as Kylo... This whole campaign is just... bland. I was easily able to find out what was going to happen at the end; Which was the Battle of Jakku where the Empire fell and then Iden and Agent Del actually had a daughter (Who I think could be Rey, but who knows?) And then, the first order rises.. [/spoiler]

My review of the campaign and rating? 5/10. If it was longer than 5 hours, then I'd give it a higher rating.

And now, multiplayer. Multiplayer is very fun and mostly balanced. You get tons of maps and different situations of the maps, currently on Deluxe Edition people can access the game which is why HvsV is so empty and dead... Because not a lot of people play it. The heroes are very well balanced, I managed to get enough credits in a day to get Vader! Which I was pleased about, as he destroys in multiplayer. The lootbox system does let it down though, which changes my view on the rating. But other than that; As there is no customisation, I'm not going to give it a high rating.

6.5/10

Better than the campaign by far, even the 2005 SWBF II campaign was better than this campaign.
The years just fly past, don't they?

November 14, 2017, 04:32:01 PM #1 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:35:59 PM by swgaming1015
Would you say the full game is better or worse than the 2015 Battlefront? Is the controversy about EA paywall as bad as everyone makes it sound? Also, I thought the game released worldwide on the 17th. Did you get earlier?

I've watched the entire campaign on Youtube. It was great, in my opinion. A good way to see the campaign, since I will not be picking up the game for the time being, given all the controversy surrounding the title's loot boxes and credits system.