SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF

Started by Snake, March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lolol i've been inactive for quite a while and when i see something like this, i just get a smile on my face. I'd love to join this, even though i can't play SWBF anymore. Just the idea of seeing democracy come to forums is well...cute xD
I hope you guys make it happen. Its definitely worth making this community of players into a band of brothers.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I can't wait to say "The democracy is dead--long live the Empire!"
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have no clue why but I'm really liking this SWBFG idea...
Or well, BattleFront Originals as I want to call us  :tu:

Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

BFO, I like that! And I think Led will really be more of a deciding factor on things, not the only factor, if you know what I mean. Let's just not give him emergency powers over the clone armies...
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 18, 2014, 10:04:32 AM
BFO, I like that! And I think Led will really be more of a deciding factor on things, not the only factor, if you know what I mean. Let's just not give him emergency powers over the clone armies...
No, instead we need to give him emergency powers over the wampa armies.

Quote from: Ltin on April 18, 2014, 01:37:18 PM
No, instead we need to give him emergency powers over the wampa armies.
Wait, perhaps the Gungans instead? Hey, they're nearly useless but I hear they reproduce every 2nd moon! ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on April 18, 2014, 03:57:28 PM
Wait, perhaps the Gungans instead? Hey, they're nearly useless but I hear they reproduce every 2nd moon! ;)
I would much rather give him hundreds of murder machines than billions of cannon fodder.

Quote from: Ltin on April 18, 2014, 04:04:41 PM
I would much rather give him hundreds of murder machines than billions of cannon fodder.
Even with the math, those Gungans are still pretty decent with their little grenades... I think your clone army may actually have lost the war this time. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on April 19, 2014, 04:40:04 PM
Even with the math, those Gungans are still pretty decent with their little grenades... I think your clone army may actually have lost the war this time. ;)
There comes a point when quantity does surpass quality.

April 19, 2014, 06:18:33 PM #55 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:48:39 AM by Unit 33
Quote from: Ltin on April 19, 2014, 05:03:06 PM
There comes a point when quantity does surpass quality.
Bingo! Thanks for agreeing with me. :)

IDEA!!What if BFO wasn't exactly a clan, but we used it to get players of the upcoming battlefront to join SWBFGamers.com, then from there the players branched out into other SWBF clans?With BFO looking like an actual clan in the upcoming battlefront, we will surely gain attention, and when we do we can get people to join the site and join a clan.That way BFO doesn't have to worry about dragging members out of SWBF clans, we are only giving to others! We also don't even have to worry about meets and such, unless we all wanted to get together for a little fun. ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper on May 26, 2014, 03:22:02 PM
IDEA!!

What if BFO wasn't exactly a clan, but we used it to get players of the upcoming battlefront to join SWBFGamers.com, then from there the players branched out into other SWBF clans?
With BFO looking like an actual clan in the upcoming battlefront, we will surely gain attention, and when we do we can get people to join the site and join a clan.
That way BFO doesn't have to worry about dragging members out of SWBF clans, we are only giving to others! We also don't even have to worry about meets and such, unless we all wanted to get together for a little fun. ;)

While that may work, we have to consider:
A) Lots of long-time Battlefrontians will be returning to this game, many probably with not the same morals or ethics as this community is built upon. This may make organization within BFO difficult due to clashes of morals and such from veteran/returning players.
B) This will also attract generic DICE/EA fans as well. We'll be facing trolls, possible hackers, 12 year olds in an M-rated game, and people that swear like sailors. People who are battle-hardened to Battlefield, and are probably expecting the same experience.

In other words, it may work, but keep in mind both Battlefronts have drastically different communities, both in regards to ethics and rules. On top of that, we'll have a whole new fanbase for this game, meaning many different characters, some we haven't even seen since the early days of this game.

Forgive if I've stated this before, but if we attempt a BFO clan for the new SWBF, we'll have a whole slew of people with varying personas to work with, which will prove difficult.

I totally understand GM.

Hey guys! EASWBF is just 'round the corner! Any discussions more about BFO? Thoughts? Ideas?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: ᏌᏞᎢᎥᎷᎾ on June 28, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
I totally understand GM.

Hey guys! EASWBF is just 'round the corner! Any discussions more about BFO? Thoughts? Ideas?
Its not really very near yet. We're still 6+ months away.

June 29, 2014, 08:27:39 AM #59 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:48:08 AM by Unit 33
Think of it in a way that it seems near because it's already been so many years since SWBF2. lol

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but if you still use Classic XFire, you have likely gotten an invite to join the BFO community on Classic.
I'm trying to use Classic XFire versus the new one. So much better than all of this tournament crap XF is trying to pull.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper