SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF

Started by Snake, March 10, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright folks, EABF is getting closer so it's time for the Syndicate roster to be finalized. I need to know what clans are in or out. I posted on a few clans guestbooks so if your clan is on the Interested or Uninterested list and your clan has decided to join please let me know.

I also need to know if anyone would like to join the Syndicate clan for the clanless. I believe Gold Man was going to lead the clanless clan but I'm not sure if that is confirmed or not.

Remember, this is not taking away any clan rights. It's just a way for us to band together in the new game so that we can be stronger. Our motto is Nos firmiores simul.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The beta version is limiting us to very few non-alpha numeric characters and not very long names. For instance, I think I am AlphaCptDrunken and that's about all I can fit in my name.  And I also have to change it on origin instead of in the game.  It feels like they are discouraging clans to me.  Ideas?

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on October 12, 2015, 06:53:33 PM
The beta version is limiting us to very few non-alpha numeric characters and not very long names. For instance, I think I am AlphaCptDrunken and that's about all I can fit in my name.  And I also have to change it on origin instead of in the game.  It feels like they are discouraging clans to me.  Ideas?

Tbh I haven't worried about clan tags so far, maybe they will enable longer names with the full version.

Quote from: Snake on October 12, 2015, 05:14:54 PM
Alright folks, EABF is getting closer so it's time for the Syndicate roster to be finalized. I need to know what clans are in or out. I posted on a few clans guestbooks so if your clan is on the Interested or Uninterested list and your clan has decided to join please let me know.

I also need to know if anyone would like to join the Syndicate clan for the clanless. I believe Gold Man was going to lead the clanless clan but I'm not sure if that is confirmed or not.

Remember, this is not taking away any clan rights. It's just a way for us to band together in the new game so that we can be stronger. Our motto is Nos firmiores simul.

At this stage Alpha will be joining it, will see how it turns out.

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on October 12, 2015, 06:53:33 PM

Yeah, the lack of clan support is a notable problem but, like Kiwi says, they may add it in the final version with enough outcry. Even so, we can still do clan stuff without it, it'll just be more difficult.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on October 12, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
Tbh I haven't worried about clan tags so far, maybe they will enable longer names with the full version.

At this stage Alpha will be joining it, will see how it turns out.

Alright, that's good to hear. I'll add Alpha to the list.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

October 12, 2015, 08:05:58 PM #139 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:09:16 PM by Norwood
How many active members does it take for a clan to join?

Edit: Snake Answered my question on Steam. It is four.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Initially I was planning to lead the clanless, however I think the odds of me getting a copy of the game for this are looking pretty bleak (still don't have enough funds for a new rig, let alone the game).

If you don't hear me saying I got a new rig 1 week before the launch, then you may want to consider looking for another leader for that division (unless I am still able to lead without a copy :P).

I'm also fairly certain I left the website for The Syndicate in the hands of you and Epifire, Snake. If you guys want to get rolling on it be my guest.

October 13, 2015, 03:31:32 PM #141 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:56:33 PM by Snake
Quote from: Gold Man on October 13, 2015, 01:52:52 PM
Initially I was planning to lead the clanless, however I think the odds of me getting a copy of the game for this are looking pretty bleak (still don't have enough funds for a new rig, let alone the game).

If you don't hear me saying I got a new rig 1 week before the launch, then you may want to consider looking for another leader for that division (unless I am still able to lead without a copy :P).

I'm also fairly certain I left the website for The Syndicate in the hands of you and Epifire, Snake. If you guys want to get rolling on it be my guest.

That's fine. A leader for the clan isn't all that necessary. The leader doesn't get to vote for the clan in the council. Whoever joins the clanless clan first will be the leader, since the rank structure will be based numerically on seniority.

---

I created a steam group for The Syndicate. It is open to the public. http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791439987382

Chameleon already made one but it isn't open to the public so I just got bored and made a new one.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

October 13, 2015, 04:43:30 PM #142 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:46:10 PM by Norwood
I want to make it clear that I would like to join the Syndicate, with or without a clan. I still don't know if the BOBclan will be able to join. Thus I would like to make this my official declaration of my joining. Is there any way I can help get this off the ground?

Edit: I joined your group! Also I see your still using my placeholder picture, for the website. :)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Well, I appreciate everyone who put forward their support for this interesting project. It was a little ambitious but I think in a proper game the Syndicate would have been extremely successful. I think the flop of EABF (at least in the department of having any clan/community support) made having the Syndicate a little too impractical. It's a real shame we didn't get to see it in action. I wish there was a SWBF game worth moving to but it looks like we'll never be getting that. Good luck to all the clans who participated! I hope you all continue to grow in EABF or other games. I hope to continue to see your usernames around and catch up on Steam or Origin. See you guys around.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 06, 2016, 04:07:36 PM #144 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:10:07 PM by Ultimo
Well, this stinks. I was quite excited that I may run into all of you gentlemen in the new game. Although, I don't have it... Yet. haha

Btw, this is my "Hello Again" post, don't know if I'll be around a lot but it is nice seeing all of you again.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper