Steam now has online multiplayer

Started by iamastupid, May 01, 2020, 07:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know I've already spammed this but...
Online Multiplayer has been added to the Digital Versions of Star Wars Battlefront 1 (2004).
So the Steam/Origin/GoG versions of the game should now have built in Multiplayer.
It likely runs off a similar system to SWBF2's updated multiplayer so don't expect greatness, slow servers and no dedicated server support.

This is a giant oof for SWBFSpy.  :bye:

Hopefully we see a wave of new players again. They've updated a few settings and I had one crash but it all works for me.

I think it must have just happened because there's just been the first news article.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Let's not forget SWBFSpy is a community project, not a business  :P

As if it is through GOG or SWBFSpy, I'm glad we're able to have a multiplayer platform to play with other people  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Update: It's great fun but a lot of glitches in the browser. The refresh button is a 50/50 chance of freezing.

They've also put the beeps back on the multiplayer maps loading if that makes sense.

You have to use your steam name, your profile name makes no difference.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 01, 2020, 11:38:36 AM

They've also put the beeps back on the multiplayer maps loading if that makes sense.

Ugh.   :(
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Just had a game on Eddie's Italia with Goldman and it all worked fine although Norwood couldn't get in. It looks like the 1.3 patch so no 20 mod map limit which is a bonus.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 01, 2020, 11:38:36 AM
Update: It's great fun but a lot of glitches in the browser. The refresh button is a 50/50 chance of freezing.

You have to use your steam name, your profile name makes no difference.

You can disable that with /nointro /nomovies -- I usually skip it. Else I just removed the load files for each map in /Load folder  :P

I played for several hours. It's very laggy and unstable. My game froze while loading the session list many times and crashed many times during game play & loading next map.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on May 01, 2020, 05:12:59 PM
I played for several hours. It's very laggy and unstable. My game froze while loading the session list many times and crashed many times during game play & loading next map.
Same here. I was chatting with Led about how it took me 4-5 tries to actually get to the server list :(

A case of the higher ups not really knowing what happens on the ground I suppose.  I remember a VP at my work saying if he made the right decision 50% of the time, he was doing a good job.  I guess they are more immune. "They've already solved this and are willing to cooperate with us"  VP "This chart needs more magenta and less lavender.  Prioritize magenta.  Dismissed."

If they're using 1.3, that's a dumb move since that patch never left beta. There are bound to be issues with it.

So SWBFSpy isn't off the table like some said.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

it appears they are using the 1.3 patch.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

If anyone can get a hold of them, I would like to talk to them.
No seriously, if anyone can, maybe we can make this better for everyone.  I said previously I thought they were using the source, but seeing it, I am pretty sure they aren't now, which means they are mucking with an unstable exe to inject stuff.  I'd hate to see this game get more negative publicity than it did the first time, with unusable options and such.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

May 02, 2020, 06:08:30 AM #13 Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:10:02 AM by wsa30h
yes and i want to downgrade to the previous version but i need to find the exe and dll files. thats probably why some of my maps dont work. also they added support for a xbox controller but they wont let you change the controls for the controller kind of pointless.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on May 02, 2020, 06:05:14 AM
If anyone can get a hold of them, I would like to talk to them.
No seriously, if anyone can, maybe we can make this better for everyone.  I said previously I thought they were using the source, but seeing it, I am pretty sure they aren't now, which means they are mucking with an unstable exe to inject stuff.  I'd hate to see this game get more negative publicity than it did the first time, with unusable options and such.

They are pretty good at answering on Facebook but when I tried before they just said I should post in the forum's. If we're lucky they might still have an active team on it at the moment.

I appreciate what they've done but it's seriously unstable, especially considering swbfspy fixed everything and worked.