What Games do you like to play overall?

Started by Helios, October 17, 2012, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: UNIT 33 on January 27, 2013, 12:37:39 PM
Anyone excited for any upcoming games?
I think this thing "Monolithsoft" looks pretty grand. I'll get it once I can afford a Wii U, also when it actually comes out.

I remember the good days when games would have an animation of you jumping into a vehicle or something, like Grand Theft Auto, and this game also lacks that.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

December 31, 2014, 07:52:06 PM #121 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:27:44 AM by Gold Man
    Apologies for the severe bump, but if anyone's curious, I am heavily active on Steam. These are the games I currently play:

• Guns of Icarus Online (a steampunk, team-based FPS with airships, currently on sale still right now as well. Get it before January 2nd!)
    • Minecraft (got the game yesterday, and LOVE it!)
    • Burnout: Paradise: The Ultimate Box(racing game, however I don't do multiplayer much on there
    • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit(another racing game, got it today actually, and it's quite fun, very challenging as well)
    • Garry's Mod (because who doesn't love GMod?)
    • Blockstorm (essentially Ace of Spades (the good version) meets Counter-Strike)
    • HAWKEN (an FPS mech-shooter, essentially Titanfall with JUST mechs)
    • Need For Speed: World(not quite as often, but still play it often enough to be active)

Feel free to hit me up on Steam if you own/play these games and would like to play alongside me.

December 31, 2014, 09:45:39 PM #122 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:43:27 PM by The Ghost of Christmas Future
Bustin' out the list here:

Halo Reach
Destiny
CoD: AW
Battlefield 4
GMod
Counter Strike: Source and GO
Titanfall

Quote from: Gold Man on December 31, 2014, 07:52:06 PM
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit(another racing game, got it today actually, and it's quite fun, very challenging as well)
I see your into the classics of racing. A very good choice GM.

EDIT: First post of the new year. YAAAAAAAA  :moo:

--DP fixed your cow in the edit.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on December 31, 2014, 09:45:39 PM
I see your into the classics of racing. A very good choice GM.
I was actually debating between several other games when I bought that. I was debating between GRID, GRID 2, Need For Speed: Shift, or Shift 2: Unleashed.

Ideally I would've loved to get Assetto Corsa or Project Cars, but the price was too high (and the specs for Project Cars woul kill my current setup).

January 01, 2015, 09:42:26 AM #124 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:13:35 PM by Carbon27
Quote from: Gold Man on January 01, 2015, 09:29:49 AM
I was actually debating between several other games when I bought that. I was debating between GRID, GRID 2, Need For Speed: Shift, or Shift 2: Unleashed.

Ideally I would've loved to get Assetto Corsa or Project Cars, but the price was too high (and the specs for Project Cars woul kill my current setup).

This post made me so happy.  :happy: All those are great games. Be careful getting Grid 2 (if you ever do) though, it's got very, very, VERY, bad controls. It was hard on my 360 because I don't have a wheel. It might be a bit better with a wheel but still it would be bad. Though I have heard somebody was working on a fix for it through mods.  Why not Autosport, though? 10 bucks on steam last time I checked.

Due to circumstances Assetto Corsa is unavailable to me to download for a bit. Though I have looked at a lot of videos and it seems pretty good. If you like more realistic racing games I would look at the simbin/sector3 stuff, ISI engine stuff, (rFactor, Arca sim racing, etc) Or even Papyrus' old stuff. Most Simbin games are dirt cheap on steam. I just checked, some are actually (Seriously) cheaper then a bag of dirt.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I play (In no order):

• Star Wars: Battlefront (Both)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Both)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (and sometimes Outcast)
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic*
  • Star Wars: Empire at War*
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando
  • Wizard101 and Pirate101
  • The Skylanders games.
  • Burnout (3 and Revenge)
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon 3* (Yes, I know that's most's least favorite of the series)
  • And a bunch of other stuff.
*Can't play 'till I get better hardware.

Quote from: Carbon27 on January 01, 2015, 09:42:26 AM
This post made me so happy.  :happy: All those are great games. Be careful getting Grid 2 (if you ever do) though, it's got very, very, VERY, bad controls. It was hard on my 360 because I don't have a wheel. It might be a bit better with a wheel but still it would be bad. Though I have heard somebody was working on a fix for it through mods.  Why not Autosport, though? 10 bucks on steam last time I checked.

Due to circumstances Assetto Corsa is unavailable to me to download for a bit. Though I have looked at a lot of videos and it seems pretty good. If you like more realistic racing games I would look at the simbin/sector3 stuff, ISI engine stuff, (rFactor, Arca sim racing, etc) Or even Papyrus' old stuff. Most Simbin games are dirt cheap on steam. I just checked, some are actually (Seriously) cheaper then a bag of dirt.
I've heard the pros and cons of GRID 2, though essentially I was aiming more towards a mix between arcade and realistic. And Autosport just seemed like DLC heaven (12 DLCs for that game).

In essence, the kind of racing games I'm looking for are really a mix between arcade and realism. I'd think Assetto Corsa or Project Cars would fill that, but again, pricing and hardware limits.

If you know any in that mix (that have relatively good/great graphics), I'd be willing to hear your suggestions. :)

Also found out Autolog servers have been canned for NFS:HP 2010 (or perhaps its the fact I am unable to think of an account name that has not already been taken...)

LoL
gMod
TF2
CS:GO
CS:S
swbf 1.x
Alien Swarm
F1 codemasters games
Magicka: Wizard Wars
Civ5

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

All Bioshock games
Fallout New Vegas
Borderlands 2
Fallout 3
Dishonored
Fuel (my favorite racing game, along with Pro Street)
SWBF 1 and 2

90% of the time I play video games, I'm either playing Star Wars Battlefront or Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox 360. 

I play Battlefront because I love being able to mod the game to my liking, and I play GTA V because, well... it's GTA V.

I just finished playing Assassins Creed: Unity (PS4), it's not as bad as people say and looks amazing but it's not my favourite in the series - I actually think the gameplay is getting worse.
At the moment I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition that I upgraded my PC for which is a very good game. It looks like it's going to be a hundred+ hours worth. :)

I'm also going on Elite: Dangerous that I was in the Beta for and various other older games that I've probably posted about before...
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Well, I don't have a lot of time that isn't consumed by degree work so I just play TF2 when I can.

Well i play a lot of FIFA 15,  play GTA IV, SWBF (again), and sometimes Minecraft.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Age of Empires II...

(Until the Walking Dead Game has another season)

someday I will try some of these Steam games that I have collected  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've always enjoyed sports simulations (particularly for football/soccer), so the Championship Manager and Football Manager series remain high on my list.

Of course, the SW-themed RPGs (JA, KOTOR) are catching-up fast. ;)