Switching Channel 2 into 1.What is that?

Started by Ginev, April 09, 2017, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was exporting the DICE Super Star Destroyer and i release it here a day ago however i was thinking a texture was missing.I asked the person that converted the model from the new Battlefront and he said that there is no missing textures.I need to use the original texture for the model since the model was on 2 parts.So the second part of the model was using the same texture for the first part.However the texture do not match when i apply it to the second part of the model.I speaked with the guy and he told me this:

The SSD has no panel texture it uses the main texture the body uses you need to switch to channel 2 on the panel model's uv map then move it over to us channel 1.

Now can someone tell me how to do that?Do i have to do this in my modeling program or i have to do it in Gimp?If so then how to do it?Please someone to explain me.

I don't know what exactly are you want this vessel. It looks fine to me (Exept that you need to rip it apart or reduce, for prevent crashes in ZE). The channel 1, means it may have specular (or transparent) render effect (In some reason, the only correct channel 1 is in SSD2_Bump.tga only, but this can be easy fixed). Channel 2 is probably for some more modern games, and no needed for SWBF at all.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Well the SSD2.tga texture was not there when i downloaded the model.Thats why i opened SSD2_Bump.tga and simply color it to look more like the SSD1.tga however it still looking very bad in my opinion.The guy who extracted it said that i need to use SSD1.tga for the 2 materials that the model is using since the model was also separated into 2 parts.However when i add SSD1.tga to the material for SSD2.tga its not fitting the UV coordinates.And thats why the guy said this to me:

The SSD has no panel texture(SSD2.tga) it uses the main texture (SSD1.tga)the body uses you need to switch to channel 2 on the panel model's uv map then move it over to us channel 1.

And thats the question.How to move channel 2 to channel 1.I dont even know what is this  :wacko:

Sereja if you want to simply look it by yourself here is the original files:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymcsduixm7m7ahp/SSD.rar

Ah, I guess now it's more clear. You mean, there is exist some other "misterious channel" which content different coordinates for UV's. I doubt it. Most likely you just missing the texture, and there is no way to change UV's (according textures have different size and can't share UV's correctly). All what you can do - just try to repaint the bump texture by copy missing parts like that: 
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: