Downloads System

Started by SleepKiller, August 15, 2012, 06:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I was talking to Led on my thoughts about the Download systems current state. So I'll share them with you all here and we can all discuss it a merry community like fashion to decide what if anything should be done.

My major gripes are,
when people upload assets that aren't their own it is all good and dandy but there are other file sharing sites they could be using,
when people upload screen shots the download system is a bit useless in that degree people should just use a image hosting site.

I had the idea of making Upload Guidelines for people to follow. Led also had the idea of making a "Junk" section that would be cleaned out each week. So Led decided we should get a bit more feedback from everyone in general on their thoughts.

I would suggest incorporating Dropboxes into everyday use: http://db.tt/CDvzFcZ

Dropboxes are folders on your computer that are instantly synced up with the Internet. You can put files in your Public folder, right-click them, and copy a link that you can paste to share the file with anyone. You can also upload photo galleries.

This would allow the downloads system to be used in distribution of files, and take some burden off of the admins to clear out junk files in the download system.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)