Lower level of play in SWBF PC?

Started by -[JCA]- Love, April 10, 2009, 10:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_fPMOnQ ... re=related

Look at this guy, he gets a lot of kills by standing perfectly still and shooting, only because his opponents do the same thing!  I feel like any good mac player would be strafing and rolling and jumping circles around him.  I do envy the amount of online players that you get to face in a single match in PC play though.

to justify this a little (not much) the rolling and some other controls in SWBF2 are harder to use, and its less effective to run around rather then just stopping and shooting someones face, also as this player says, he is somewhat new to online gaming.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Hi Love,

>I do envy the amount of online players that you get to face in a single match in PC play >though.

Well, that's SWBF2.  I think it still gets some players.  

I play SWBF, and the PC side is down to about 50 players a night these days (in North America), with maybe as many as 100-150 on the weekends, which includes the euro players.

If you can get some players, my PC clan would be thrilled to have a fun scrim.

Buck
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm a Mac (and I'm a PC), and I notice that in our games there is alot of Dodging, Ducking, DIpping, Diving and more Dodging in our fights. Whenever two guys are in close quarters they start jumping around and frantically squeezing of shots at their opponent as they land while keeping an eye out for grenades and snipers. It's ever so much chaos.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Quote from: "buckler"Hi Love,

Did you have to type that out?
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

That player isn't very good; he should die lots. Most of his kills seem to be easy AI. Just like SWBF1 (I would assume) anyone worth their salt in SWBF2 MP rolls and shoots on the run.

Quote from: "El Chupacabra"I'm a Mac (and I'm a PC), and I notice that in our games there is alot of Dodging, Ducking, DIpping, Diving and more Dodging in our fights.

Listen-up crotchstain, I love that movie.

the games you guys play are a lot faster than some games i have played in the past and way diff to the way the TiW league players play.  Ppl here tend to 'storm' CP's as fast as possible with what seems like no regard for their level of health (if you die, you die).  The TiW players don't storm that much instead will get involved in a shoot out until the path is cleared, or they push forward slowly leaving the option to retreat (and not die)...if that makes sense?  You guys do tend to bunnyhop a bit too much for my liking!

I've only played with you guys a few times so I'm no expert, just my opinion on what i have seen so far!

Higher level players do strafe shoot, and use jumps and rolls.  The guy in that vid is not a good example of a decent/average player. He is pure newbie, even to FPS games it seems.

I primarily play Call of Duty UO for MP, which is much faster paced then SWBF (1-2 bullets can drop you and hits are near instantaneous), and if you play like that, you will die, alot.  Lighting fast reflexes and high accuracy over distance and good movement skills are a must to even get a 1.2-2:1 Kill death ratio.

I'd play more SWBF1/2 MP (tried a few games online) but it feels too slow, I mostly stick around for modding now days, but even then I might switch over to source engine soon.

Quote from: "SchTicK"
Quote from: "El Chupacabra"I'm a Mac (and I'm a PC), and I notice that in our games there is alot of Dodging, Ducking, DIpping, Diving and more Dodging in our fights.

Listen-up crotchstain, I love that movie.

Glad to hear it.

OFF TOPIC: Today our school dodgeball tournament started. Our team theme is Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus (youtube it, look for the one with silence of the lambs. Find the guys pretending not to be a guy). Some team ripped off the Purple Cobras. And that makes El Chupacabra bloodthirsty.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

you really dont need to strafe that much you just need to kill him b4 he can get a good shot off.