Apparently DICE thinks Battlefront is scary...

Started by Gold Man, October 16, 2013, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I was just browsing around late at night, and found an article related to Battlefront. I already read the article and whatnot, though just wondered what your thoughts are/were on this. :)

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/dice-making-star-wars-battlefront-is-scary

QuoteBattlefront is expected to release sometime in 2015 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Only reason I read this, was to see that :P

So they are starting off by indignantly claiming "they" should have made Battlefront to begin with.

Cool. Cocky self righteousness is always a good way to start a project. Good Luck?

Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2013, 01:18:08 AM
So they are starting off by indignantly claiming "they" should have made Battlefront to begin with.

Cool. Cocky self righteousness is always a good way to start a project. Good Luck?

Yeah, really makes me wonder if this game will turn out good or not. Having that sort of character towards a project seems like the game could really go either way. Hopefully more so on the good side. :)

As for hearing it will be released in 2015, that means I still have time to get a replacement computer before then! :D

October 17, 2013, 05:36:05 AM #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:54:58 AM by Carbon27
Thanks for sharing, GM!
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on October 17, 2013, 05:30:23 AM

As for hearing it will be released in 2015, that means I still have time to get a replacement computer before then! :D

Actually, same here. I may be able to get a gaming computer, as I think I found a job!

EDIT: I think that from the way it sounds, Battlefront won't be Battlefield, but it won't be anything like 1 & 2 either.
I cannot wait.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: tirpider on October 17, 2013, 01:18:08 AM

Ehh. There's no love lost between me and Ea (Dice included), and I'm going to wait until I see several reviews to see whether or not it's worth buying. If it's not, well, there's always BF 1 and 2.

<insert witty signature here>

Well, they certainly have the skills, tools, and talent to pull off anything they want.

Knowing the history Star Wars has with reboots, we should be prepared for SWBF3 to have the usual ups and downs. Whatever you think will make more money.. that's probably what they will do.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it, and we all know they won't be the last team to develop a SW title.

The way I see it, they should be scared. This is a big franchise, and if they mess up, it could end VERY badly for them, and EA.

Quote from: Ltin on October 17, 2013, 04:45:36 PM
The way I see it, they should be scared. This is a big franchise, and if they mess up, it could end VERY badly for them, and EA.
We will band together, and chase them out with pitchforks and torches. They had best fear us.  :whip:

<insert witty signature here>

If the game turned out to be schlock I doubt it would make a big impact on profits. Consumers will buy anything if there's the need/demand. And they sure have desired an accessible Star Wars shooter for a long while.
Maybe it would dent their pride or something.

I think from what we've heard (albeit directly from them) of their passion they can't go far wrong. It's a fairly simple thing to execute: Make SWBF again.
I mean, really the minimal we expect is a modern and fun Star Wars shooter which caters for casuals and hardcores and retains the nostalgic feeling of the game that came out in 2004.
Everything else is icing on the cake.