Star Wars Battlefront III

Started by Led, June 09, 2013, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I wonder if they will use the .msh/.odf format of SWBF1 and 2? Seems pretty unlikely, especially if they're so strict about there crap getting modded. I'm definitely not buying the game if it's not moddable.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

June 09, 2013, 06:20:27 PM #16 Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:51:17 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Ltin on June 09, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
would launching from Origin count as attempting?

It doesn't matter where you launch your game from, if DICE picks up a modification to your game on one of their servers, they can suspend your account without warning if they wanted, and they will most likely block your mod too. So really, given that BF3 itself has literally no mods (many have tried, all have failed), I doubt SWBFIII will be much different with that process.

As for F2P games, EA does a hack-job with it. I got Real Racing 3 for my iPad (it was a "Freemium" game unbeknownst to me). The filesize was a whopper (had to clear out nearly 3GB to play it), the graphics were actually really good (even though some of the games I've played on iOS have a smaller filesize but great graphics), but they literally kill you in this. You need to make repairs to your car, check your oil, and there's wait-times, 1 flippin' hour to install an engine upgrade. When I ask for Real Racing, I want a fun game to play with great graphics, not a iPad-memory eater that gives you wait-times to install upgrades! :rant:

Enough of my rant, you can see I am a very happy and proud gamer who enjoys EA's "Freemium" games.  :td:

But in all honesty, I pity the gaming community of a future where modding is an ancient and nonexistent art, everything is buy this and buy that, you want this, buy it, etc. In other words, a gaming community much like today's, except where gamers have forgotten the term "modding" and only know the term "DLC".

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 09, 2013, 07:21:22 PM
I long for the day that games will be more like the PS2/Original Xbox, where you bought a game (SWBFI or II are perfect examples) and that was the game. None of this extra crap.

I think you forget v1.2 was released shortly after SWBF1's release. (Jabba's was a DLC on Xbox and PS2). SWBFII had a DLC mappack as well, which gave several SWBF1 maps to SWBFII.

Ah crud...DLCs  were free back then. I'm not looking forward to any DLC. I've never bought one and I don't intend to. It's a waste of money.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 09, 2013, 07:58:05 PM
(Jabba's was a DLC on Xbox and PS2)
They didn't release that for PS2. It wouldn't fit on a memory card if they did.

Not important, just pointing it out.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 09, 2013, 06:20:27 PM
It doesn't matter where you launch your game from, if DICE picks up a modification to your game on one of their servers, they can suspend your account without warning if they wanted, and they will most likely block your mod too. So really, given that BF3 itself has literally no mods (many have tried, all have failed), I doubt SWBFIII will be much different with that process
[ :censored: for your viewing enjoyment]

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 09, 2013, 07:58:05 PM
I think you forget v1.2 was released shortly after SWBF1's release. (Jabba's was a DLC on Xbox and PS2). SWBFII had a DLC mappack as well, which gave several SWBF1 maps to SWBFII.
Yes but it wasn't essential to play. You don't need Jabba's Palace to enjoy SWBFI. The PS2 players do it all the time. The same for SWBFII xbox DLC. You don't need those to enjoy the game and there was only 1 DLC for each game and one of them was free. The other added lots of content for a relatively low price. I should re-phrase what I said, I don't mind DLC's if they add lots of content and it costs money or if its free. And you don't need like 30 DLC's. But hey, I don't have anything to play any recent games on any way so... :shrug:

June 10, 2013, 09:57:32 AM #22 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:05:46 AM by Josh
Kit fisto, some servers will be using DLC maps, and if you don't have the DLC, you can't play on that server. I believe the DLC for SWBF3 will cost a LOT of money. But every prediction we make, is really just a waste of time, lets just wait for E3 to release news about this new SW game. Just realized this was my 500th post  :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 10, 2013, 09:45:38 AM
Yes but it wasn't essential to play. You don't need Jabba's Palace to enjoy SWBFI. The PS2 players do it all the time. The same for SWBFII xbox DLC. You don't need those to enjoy the game and there was only 1 DLC for each game and one of them was free. The other added lots of content for a relatively low price. I should re-phrase what I said, I don't mind DLC's if they add lots of content and it costs money or if its free. And you don't need like 30 DLC's. But hey, I don't have anything to play any recent games on any way so... :shrug:
Yeah but those were better days... in modern times DLC is far more essencial to many gamers...
And often developers use it in order to exploit planned obsolescence, by releasing a succession of low quality map-packs, game modes and weapons in waves of hype nonsense to get mega-bucks.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 10, 2013, 10:02:10 AM
Yeah but those were better days... in modern times DLC is far more essencial to many gamers...
And often developers use it in order to exploit planned obsolescence, by releasing a succession of low quality map-packs, game modes and weapons in waves of hype nonsense to get mega-bucks.

And that's where piracy, torrents, etc. All take over when the DLC costs too much for other people, so some internet pirates decide to release the DLC as a download for free, where people (if they find the right website), can download the DLC for free, rather than pay 2500 Microsoft points on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

I know you guys have strict rules against piracy, I'm not stating anything in particular about it, I'm just making a prediction as to how stuff gets pirated for video games (which can be the case for any video game really, if you think about it).

Quote from: Snake on June 09, 2013, 06:14:59 PM
I wonder if they will use the .msh/.odf format of SWBF1 and 2? Seems pretty unlikely, especially if they're so strict about there crap getting modded. I'm definitely not buying the game if it's not moddable.
I seriously doubt they will.
There is newer technology up for grabs now-a-days.
It would be nice though.
If they do use the MSH format, it will most likely have alot more features, like SWBFII's cloth addition.

June 10, 2013, 01:18:09 PM #26 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:18:23 PM by «ΙΞ¢KØ»
Holy  :censored:!!!
Any one watching e3? :cheer:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: Ltin on June 10, 2013, 01:43:57 PM
Its not on yet is it?

Go to the new E3 thread Hardcore made, click the Kotaku link UNIT 33 posted, and you will be gobsmacked.