"com_weap_inf" Issues

Started by Ascertes, October 03, 2015, 10:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've been playing around with the infantry weapons located under Common > ODF. Specifically, the various types of mines. (seismic, empmine, landmine, and just plain old mine.) I've checked these ODF's and they seem to work like any other weapon in BF1, and I've copied all of the associated files to the right locations, but whenever I play my map with a unit that uses these weapons, the game crashes instantly.

I'm perfectly fine not being able to use these if they just don't work in general, but I was interested in testing them out. Has anyone else encountered this before with these weapons? Any help is greatly appreciated!  :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Yes, most of those do not work. I think the only mine that works is the com_inf_landmine or something like that. Also, I believe most of those are ordnances. So you'd have to make your own mine dispenser, like all_inf_mine_dispenser, and then reference it to the new ord file you want to use, like com_inf_landmine or whatever it is. View stock mine dispensers for reference.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on October 03, 2015, 06:49:03 PM
Yes, most of those do not work. I think the only mine that works is the com_inf_landmine or something like that. Also, I believe most of those are ordnances. So you'd have to make your own mine dispenser, like all_inf_mine_dispenser, and then reference it to the new ord file you want to use, like com_inf_landmine or whatever it is. View stock mine dispensers for reference.

Thanks Snake!  :cheers:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.