Black Ops 2!

Started by aeria., November 08, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 12, 2012, 06:51:35 PM #15 Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:59:10 PM by aeria.
Quote from: Disciple on December 12, 2012, 03:54:40 AM
Once again,tha`ts true XD.60% of the players in cod (or more) are kids,and i know how a game like this can change someone...And those `glitches`really make the game less real,that`s where BF3 gets a big advantage.

I don't believe people play cod expect a realistic experience but BF3 is far from realistic either. BF3 is a great multiplayer game but comparing them is difficult because they can be very different games at times.

While there are a lot of kids who play call of duty, they're easy to kill. hehe
The "glitches" are became key gameplay mechanics and as a video game, it adds to the level of strategy if you're aiming for the kill/death ratio. It's similar to how SWBF has mine throwing and sticky nades. The developers didn't expect people to figure out instant-detonating grenades but it became a life-saving tactic.

Don't get me wrong, I played BF3 so much last year and it's a great game. But cod has a good arcade-style gameplay that's overall fun to play if you're looking for that kind of gameplay.

#TYBG

Quote from: Ltin on December 12, 2012, 06:42:36 PM
I thought it was activision that made money off cod
They are the publishers, Infinity Ward and Treyarch are the devs... Point is they all make money and that's what they like doing.

Treyarch just has the common courtesy to be more creative.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on December 13, 2012, 08:28:00 AM
Treyarch just has the common courtesy to be more creative.
If you are implying that infinity ward does not, then i agree with you 100% there.
my bet is that when mw4 comes around, its going to be just like mw3, which from my understanding is just like mw2(correct me if im wrong)

You guys do know it is Activision that makes the call on stuff like that right?

December 13, 2012, 06:30:43 PM #19 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:35:02 PM by aeria.
Activision is the publisher, which means they command the developers (3arc, iw) to create a video game by X date (usually before holiday season) and to create DLC maps by Y date. Activision has control over the pricing, release dates, and marketing of the product. They also give a fat paycheck back to the development studios, which can be used on upgrading the equipment and to pay the developers.

About the "creativity":
The reason why Modern Warfare 3 was so similar Modern Warfare 2 is because during development there was a scandal that caused Activision and IW to have a falling out. Activision's CEO allegedly commanded an IT worker in IW to illegally break into the emails of IW's CEO and President. They did not trust them and believe they are holding information from Activision. Both of them had allegedly met up with EA, a rival publisher, to talk about a deal with their company. That was breach in the contract in which IW has signed to Activision. After firing both of them from their own company, half of their employees had voluntarily left. The whole scandal crippled development by not only delaying it but also by removing half the man power. They brought in a 2nd studio to help with the development of the game but it was not perfect.

It became evident that they couldn't produce an entirely new game, reusing MANY of the assets from MW2.

TL;DR They lost half the studio and couldn't make MW3 with many new assets.

#TYBG

Huh, well there you go.

Quote from: aeria. on December 13, 2012, 06:30:43 PM
About the "creativity":
The reason why Modern Warfare 3 was so similar Modern Warfare 2 is because during development there was a scandal that caused Activision and IW to have a falling out. Activision's CEO allegedly commanded an IT worker in IW to illegally break into the emails of IW's CEO and President. They did not trust them and believe they are holding information from Activision. Both of them had allegedly met up with EA, a rival publisher, to talk about a deal with their company. That was breach in the contract in which IW has signed to Activision. After firing both of them from their own company, half of their employees had voluntarily left. The whole scandal crippled development by not only delaying it but also by removing half the man power. They brought in a 2nd studio to help with the development of the game but it was not perfect.
well, that explains why sledgehammer did multiplayer.

December 14, 2012, 07:38:00 PM #22 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:49:09 PM by aeria.
Quote from: Ltin on December 14, 2012, 06:51:25 PM
well, that explains why sledgehammer did multiplayer.
Yes! Thanks for refreshing my memory, the studio that helped out was Sledgehammer Games

Minor note: I made a whole bunch of grammar errors... eh English isnt my strong point anyway. At least I tried.

#TYBG