[WIP] Tatooine: Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Started by Sereja, March 13, 2016, 09:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Very nice work going on, Sereja!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

When do you plan to release it officially?Also second question is do you make the textures for your models on your own or you are using textures for example from the internet and edit them?

Can I say it? It's awesome! I have to admit a few things really surprised me!  :o

Thanks!  :)
The best textures are always could be founded in assets. Mostly I took only two tgas  from there: one from stock cantina, another from Jabba's palace. I mix them, edit color, and it's give me a lot of new various wall textures.
The map is ready for play (in my opinion), but I curious about her behaviour at other computers, and if testers will not find any critical bugs during the next few days - I will release it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I've always wanted to see this map on SWBF since playing it on killing floor. Looking forward to your latest masterpiece Sereja :cheers:

I hope someone to make a video for it since (sadly for this moment) i do not have BF1 installed on my computer right now.  :slap:

If I had the time I'd most certainly test it out for you. Sadly I have assignments for college at the moment. Would love to incorporate the map into Phase 2 of Legacy, though.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Sereja on October 14, 2016, 09:16:32 AM
I have the bad news and the good news...
The bad news: my map was overloaded by my new Sides, and critically crashed. Well, it wasn't exactly a crash, it's just freezing during the loading screen. This rare type of crashing (I never saw anything like that before) is a most annoying, because when such freeze happens - I have to each time switching off my PC, instead of just click on error pop up window :rant:. So to fix it I have to delete most of my new models of the Sides. (goodby, Slave-1 and most of the new aliens  :'(  ).

I don't know if this would help but milehighguy stated in another wip,
Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 11, 2014, 09:02:20 PM
I have figured out how to get high-res terrain into swbf1. I use tga2ter to make the terrain and then hex edit the ter file to swbf1 format. I will upload tga2ter and some screenshots soon. Its really cool and it allows for huge maps!
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Well, terrain hex editing is beyond of my skills... :shrug:
Still the map is finished and ready to play, but according some testers reports, it may not works at other computers. So untill somebody willing to test it one more time (no need to testing gameplay, just wish to figure out is it works for CW and GCW eras.), I probably can't release it... :(
For now I am at some other unfinished project.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Sereja on October 23, 2016, 11:31:37 PM
Well, terrain hex editing is beyond of my skills... :shrug:
Still the map is finished and ready to play, but according some testers reports, it may not works at other computers. So untill somebody willing to test it one more time (no need to testing gameplay, just wish to figure out is it works for CW and GCW eras.), I probably can't release it... :(
For now I am at some other unfinished project.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

That looks really cool too! Was that your Naboo Palace project that you mentioned earlier in the thread?

Any assistance I can lend? You can use any of the assets I released for Battlefront Legacy if you need them (such as my slightly improved clones and Stormtroopers)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I can try it out and see if it plays through a complete match on both eras on my computer if that will help. I might not be able to do it right away but when I get some free time I can test it. The map looks really cool!

I'll test it out later today. Sorry I forgot to do it earlier, I've been busy. Also, WB Kit.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 24, 2016, 01:37:48 PM
Also, WB Kit.
I lurk here and there just to see if Sereja has released any cool new maps.  ;)

Quote from: Gistech on October 24, 2016, 12:04:06 AM
Thanks. The old "Naboo Palace" map is gone long time ago. Perhaps now, when I have more modeling skills I may try to recreate it in right proportion... But I haven't enough Naboo assets yet even for WIP tread, so it is a little bit early for sides, but i will check for any usefull assets releases...  :)

I would be able to test.  I have a Radeon R7 370 graphics card.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.