The SWBF Campfire

Started by Snake, April 14, 2015, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Welcome to the campfire! Tell us one of your favorite memories from SWBF1. It can be from anything, and can even be accompanied with screenshots, if you have any. Try to think as far back as you can! It can be about your clans, glitches, certain games or tournaments, or anything.

---

I think my favorite memory would have to be GGW2. For those of you that don't know, it's one of the biggest SWBF tournaments I've ever seen. Clans form alliances and fight battles across the galaxy on different maps. I made some of my best friends during that tourney. I was in =AaTc= and we allied with _(VS)_ and -DssR-, so we made our collective abbreviation "D-VAS" pronounced "divas," which was hilarious at the time. My memory of way back then has gotten foggier as time has passed, but I think the very last battle was on Coruscant: Streets, where we finally beat the opposing alliance of RLcT, WUSI, and Hero.

I also remember a battle where we had about 5 people and they had somewhere between 6 and 8 players. I can't remember exactly, but I remember we were outnumbered. It was on the Yavin IV temple map. Anyway, we ended up winning and it was probably the most excited I had been on SWBF.  :P I think we had like an after party or something. So, that's my old war story. I had lots of great memories of SWBF but GGW2 definitely stands out as one of my favorite. Unfortunately, I think I'm the last active former =AaTc= member from that era. Here's the tribute video made by Skywagger:

Share your story!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

My favourite moments,other than good battles, were when we got all the cps on a full server and won 1-150+. Our whole team was running round, desperate not to die in the last 20 seconds.

Also when I got over 100 kills on the cloud city server was a personal highlight, I think second place had 33. There's nothing better than having a perfect game.

The funniest thing I've done was while on the walkway at cc turned and saw someone running to the chamber on the other side of the map, in mid turn I fired a rocket, hit him perfectly, and he flew across the map. I was so happy with my shot it took me a while to realise that he was on my team.
All he typed was 'how in the world ' but I was laughing too much to apologise.  :D
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

On Rhen Var (not the harbor one), I was a CIS rocket coming up the stairs from the altar area, to the CP in the north east corner of the map if you look at the statue.

It was within my first year of playing on PC mulitplayer, and there must have been a server of at least 40 players or so.  As I came up the stairs, two clone jets were all over me.  I dispatched the both after what seemed like a long fight.  At that time in particular, my blood pressure and heart rate must have been sky high, and I was literally dizzy for the next few minutes of the game.

Not too long after that I decided I would no longer do any 1v1's for the same reason.  :ohmy:

The game has a lot of good memories, from clan nights to the nightly cloud city matches during the last year or so of gamespy, and the MPCgamers mod nights.   :cheers:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

As far as I can goes back to 2006 or 2008 I think, the very afternoon I received SWBF in my mailbox.

I remember playing online on Rhen Var Citadel, trying to figure out where to go from the stairs. I met a few french guys who would later become my first teammates (metal clan). I have very happy memories about all the people I met and played with ( RV, $hino, Jeronimo13, Shooter, Elite, Rob, Bazooka... I'm forgetting so much names ) .
I remember us trying to get a clan war againt FREZ, TWC, WUSI... Meeting each other every weekend to share our time together...

All those interactions through this game has definitively built me as a person and I'm thankful for all the good times I've had. And all of this might be the reason I'm extremely saddened that SWBF is no longer played frequently. It holds a special place in my heart. I have many memories to share and I'd be glad to tell them, wether it be the thrilling sensation of going out of the Yavin 4 map, trying to do some roleplay on Mos Eisley...

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

April 14, 2015, 07:53:43 PM #4 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:58:33 PM by Joseph
VS guestbook,

The old (public) [FC] guestbook (lol),

The I/O server,

Attending PLA clan night after faking my way into the clan by impersonating SERGUEI and getting recruited,

Late night voice chats/games w/ cull and others,

various "random" friends I made ingame such as dangerous dan, ExitWound, SlipperyPete, .... who eventually vanished.

all clan competitions.

Great stories guys, I can definitely relate to all of them. I also remember messing around on clan nights doing stupid things like getting the ATTE up the rhen var mountain, and also "sledding" down the mountains and seeing who could go the farthest. (I think I had to make a no boundary mod for both of those things)

Also, I remember one clan battle 2v2 in Cloud City Hallway, where I was a sniper. Well, it's impossible to see anything without scoping all the way at the end of the hall, but as soon as I came out of the CP, about 2 seconds after we started, I just fired without scoping and headshot the opposing guy without even being able to see him. It was hilarious..

It's amazing how this game has influenced me so much as a person. I miss all my old best friends as if I knew them for years in real life. It's the same bonds and brotherhood, but sadly it always has to end in video games. I owe all my A's in computer concepts classes solely to my experience with computers surrounding battlefront also.  :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 14, 2015, 03:44:58 PM
Welcome to the campfire! Tell us one of your favorite memories from SWBF1. It can be from anything, and can even be accompanied with screenshots, if you have any. Try to think as far back as you can! It can be about your clans, glitches, certain games or tournaments, or anything.

---

I think my favorite memory would have to be GGW2. For those of you that don't know, it's one of the biggest SWBF tournaments I've ever seen. Clans form alliances and fight battles across the galaxy on different maps. I made some of my best friends during that tourney. I was in =AaTc= and we allied with _(VS)_ and -DssR-, so we made our collective abbreviation "D-VAS" pronounced "divas," which was hilarious at the time. My memory of way back then has gotten foggier as time has passed, but I think the very last battle was on Coruscant: Streets, where we finally beat the opposing alliance of RLcT, WUSI, and Hero.

I also remember a battle where we had about 5 people and they had somewhere between 6 and 8 players. I can't remember exactly, but I remember we were outnumbered. It was on the Yavin IV temple map. Anyway, we ended up winning and it was probably the most excited I had been on SWBF.  :P I think we had like an after party or something. So, that's my old war story. I had lots of great memories of SWBF but GGW2 definitely stands out as one of my favorite. Unfortunately, I think I'm the last active former =AaTc= member from that era. Here's the tribute video made by Skywagger:

Share your story!

i was there snake at that battle of coruscant streets that was like a month or two after i had cancer yankee found me and got me back into swbf....my origin story :p

Quote from: Snake on April 15, 2015, 07:55:16 PM

It's amazing how this game has influenced me so much as a person. I miss all my old best friends as if I knew them for years in real life. It's the same bonds and brotherhood, but sadly it always has to end in video games.

not always  ;)

April 21, 2015, 01:05:23 PM #8 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:06:58 PM by Droideka
I've played a lot of SWBF and been in a lot of clans, but I'd say my favorite SWBF memories are playing in JMMC/ PLA cloud city, and playing in led's weekly DC's. Also, playing in ACW was tons of fun, as we not only won every clan match, but we had the greatest clan forum to ever exist. And we even won matches with me running around as a droideka, protecting all of the squishy droid soldiers with my bubble shield   :P
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Well, I'm not a SWBF "veteran", but I have been playing with the BOBclan for over a year now. So I guess it is okay to reminisce a little bit. :)

One of my best experiences, was learning how to "glitch", nade jump, and get outside of the map boundaries on Cloud City with HGHG and Phantom. I was a still a fairly new clan member who had very little skills, and I was running around with two of the best 1.0 style players. It was the thing of dreams for any new clan member.

I still can't believe how I stumbled into all of this greatness... :happy: I went from a extremely casual SWBF2 player, to an active clan member and forum poster in SWBF2. 8)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

April 21, 2015, 02:08:30 PM #10 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:50:09 PM by Commander Awesome
Well, there were the good 'ol days playing splitscreen with my dad on the PS2. :) We would play for HOURS, sometimes cooperatively, sometimes head to head. Then my little brother got older and sucked up all my dad's free time. :P But now me and my bro like to play together. Though not in splitscreen, but taking tuns on the PC playing the mods I made for him.   :)

Then there's the ONE session I played online, earlier this year, on the {PLA} Cloud City server. There were only a few players online at the time, and they were all better than me, given my very little experience in shooting something that wasn't a bot. But that didn't stop me from getting a few player kills in and having a ton of fun.  :) I ended up playing about 3 or 4 rounds before everyone left. That was before the dark time, before the death of my external hard drive.  :'( Hopefully one day i'll get a better internet setup so I can play with you guys again.

My best memories were on the SWBFG Invincible Server, mainly glitching out of the map and trolling each other with mines and other forms of explosives. One specific time I remember was me and some others (I can't remember who) were piloting the LA-ATs to the top of the spire and once we got there we would try to shoot each other off, this lasted throughout the round until it finally ended.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."