ICW4 Rules and Clan Signup

Started by Oven, June 24, 2014, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 24, 2014, 09:12:05 PM Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:54:11 AM by Oven
No clan or clan not joining? Anyone can participate in ICW4 games by joining YAK here

Administration

Lead Admins:
Dark Phantom (xfire: phantom567459)
Oven/Joseph (joseph9371)

Admins:
Kelle (kellemarcruiser)
PatriotNorwood (norwood96)
Syrion (nykwoonjinn)

General format

Once clans are finalized, a tournament map will be published. It will look something like this. Each clan will start off with 3 randomly assigned planets. After Week 1, planet ownership is based on battle outcomes from the previous week.

There will be 6 weeks. The winner is the clan with the most planets at the end of Week 6. The nature of a tiebreaker will be determined if needed.

Match rules

Defenders can be outnumbered by at most 2 in a match. The clan:merc ratio can be at most 2:1. Rounding favors mercs. So 6:3 and 7:4 are both acceptable.

Matches must start within 10 minutes of the announced start time. If a clan is responsible for a delay greater than 10 minutes, they forfeit the match.

A player may spectate a battle, but only if one of the participating clans agrees to it (and if it wouldn't cause lag due to the amount of players in the server). They will wear a [Spec] tag, and hide out of the way during the battle, using freecam to watch.

Killing admins or spectators is prohibited.

The following generic rules apply:

A. SPECIAL UNIT RULES TBA. Will be either no specials, or fairside specials, possibly depending on map.
B. Vehicles are permitted when available.
C. Capturing CPs is permitted in all situations.
D. Pre-mines are not permitted in any situation, and laying pre-mines amounts to a penalty (admin discretion).
E. Spawn mines are permitted.
F. Teamkill is always off.
G. All servers shall be /noaim.
H. Be polite in yellow chat -- no swearing or insulting.
I. No false starts. (This means: stay very close to green CPs until the countdown ends. Yes, we all have freecam.)
J. Only an admin may countdown a battle.
K. No impersonating other clan members.
L. All players must wear tags ingame. (including Mercenaries)
M. No playing for or spying on the opposing clan's side. Join your clan's side ASAP upon entering the server.
N. Radar Policy: don't ask, don't tell.

Violation of these rules will result in an official warning by an in-game admin; penalties will ensue at the admin's discretion.

Calling out another clan for starting early, or having too many members, is completely fine, but all other matters should be left in the admin's hands.

Admins will record the results of a game using one or more of the following methods: freecam, video, xfire screenshots. An Admin will post the screenshot of the final screen on the forums soon after a battle is finished.

At all times Admins have the right to ask everyone except designated players in the server to stop yellow-chatting.

Clan lists and mercenaries

Each clan is required to maintain a clan list throughout the tournament. Lists can be added to at any time, but never subtracted from (unless no battles have taken place since the change). The lists will be public; submit any changes to me and/or Phantom. The members of the list don't have to "be in" your clan officially, but they cannot appear on any other clan list at any time in the tournament.

So to clarify, if your clan has a friend who wants to play exclusively for you, they should probably be put on the clan list. Players who don't want to commit to playing for a specific clan should not be on a list.

Ingame, players must use a name identical to the one on the list. Mercenaries must wear a tag similar to: (Clan)(Merc)Name.

Namefaking is absolutely prohibited and, if confirmed, results in forfeit. Admins will check IPs in situations of doubt.

Attacks

Each week I'll make a thread on Sunday or Monday where clans will make post attacks, negotiate times, post screenshots, etc. Battles should by default be scheduled for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. However, if both clans agree, and an admin can commit to coming, then it's OK to schedule earlier in the week. Attacks absolutely must be posted by Wednesday at midnight EST.

Of course, clans may only attack planets which are connected by a line (in the tournament map) to a planet they currently control.

Format your attacks thusly:

Attacking clan:
Defending clan:
Date:
Time (EST):
Attacker era/side:
Server location:

In the beginning, each clan may make 2 attacks per week. Because the tournament will have a shorter week-wise duration than previously, we may raise the limit to 3 if the first week(s) go well, if the community consents, and if we have enough admin support.

If a clan forfeits, their planets become native held, and attackers will face a team of "native". Anyone may show up as a native. However in this case the natives may be outnumbered by attackers. But there is a limit of 2 members per clan on the native side.

Clans can make planet announcemenets i.e. "call dibs" before officially listing times, as before.

American games will be hosted by SWBFGamers. We haven't decided on a Euro host yet.

What to do now

To join the ICW4, clans must post in this thread by Thursday, July 2 at midnight EST.

This is a rough draft; please post questions and concerns.

June 25, 2014, 01:41:34 AM #1 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:16:35 PM by Phobos
[FC] will participate along with {U.E.F} as one faction.
We request that fairside specials be enabled for ~half the maps. Jets vs Jets, and Wookiee vs Wookiee (no droidekas).

Phobos - Primary [FC] Representative
SirPimped - Secondary [FC] Representative
Anyder - Primary {U.E.F} Representative

Member List:
Fordo
Rage / -={InViS}=- Anubis / Krypto / Cephei
Wolf
Kishan / -={InViS}=- Frost
SirPimped / -={InViS}=- Mystic
Mayweather / -={InViS}=- Asmohor
ThePusher / -={InViS}=- Zeus
Elite / -={InViS}=- Cronus
Nacho
Fate
Death
Phil
Viathan
Disciple
Iiscr3mo
Salomon
Helios
Zach
Darman
Finchy
Yoshi
Otoja
Bomber

{U.E.F}Anyder -={InViS}=-: these are all uef members that might be able to play
ACE
Gamergirl
Habi
Anyder / -={InViS}=- Hades
SEAL
Mara Jade
Vup
Schwerdy
Klaosito
Arct1c
Smex
nYZ
Chilli

June 25, 2014, 06:56:18 AM #2 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:17:42 PM by Oven
Sorry Oven, but I doubt 212 will be participating. I'm not fully sure, though.

June 25, 2014, 09:54:09 AM #3 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:00:51 AM by Oven
engelskrieger, the only one looking for "drama" here is you. If you're not playing in the tourney, why post in these threads?

Phobos, fairsides on some, half, or even all the maps is fine by me, though I suspect many will want some maps to have no specials. I'll get PFA and BOB's opinion.

June 25, 2014, 04:41:03 PM #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:32:40 AM by Dark_Phantasmagorical
The BOBclan will be participating in the ICW4. 

Clan members (members may be updated as the days go along):
Phantom
Sauce
LION
Bobby
Alan
Klexmer
Dynasty
Astro
Norwood
Battlefield
FER
Cal-Hawk/Red Robin Hood
6lbBream
Ice
Thinker
UltraXPowerGuy (BOB.merc.~Itachi~)
HGHG
Kelle
Ben83

If anyone is interested in joining BOB for this tournament, please message me.  Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The YAK recruitment thread is up, for those interested.

YAK Recruitment Thread

Would it be a problem if I kept the member's list updated on that first post, or should I post it here as well?

June 25, 2014, 07:02:38 PM #6 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:37:59 PM by Led
Quote from: Oven on June 25, 2014, 11:21:49 AM
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.

Further posts of this nature will be deleted, and I'm deleting the off-topic posts in here after a day.

Which brings me to my involvement--I plan to put this board on my "Ignore" list for the website for the duration of the tournament. 

Dark Phantom has server access to the PLA/SWBFgamers servers, and I will ask that he take over the hosting set up unless there are any special issues.

I expect Oven to keep the tournament posts civil and in-line with the website rules.

Good luck to all involved, and remember to have fun  ;)

btw, feel free to use the teamspeak server if you want.  If any group needs a password protected channel, just ask.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 25, 2014, 07:35:05 PM #7 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:51:22 PM by Oven
To clan leaders: if your clan is not participating, please advertise YAK to your members!

Quote from: Shazam on June 25, 2014, 06:05:37 PM
The YAK recruitment thread is up, for those interested.

YAK Recruitment Thread

Would it be a problem if I kept the member's list updated on that first post, or should I post it here as well?
Thanks! I don't care where you keep it; once the tourney starts I'll consolidate all the lists in the OP of this or another thread anyway.

June 28, 2014, 12:29:39 PM #8 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:14:02 PM by Oven
We have to select (at least) 12 maps. Suggestions?

I like:
CC
Cit
Mos
Jabba
Kamino
Dantooine
Platforms
Streets

Some from last time should probably be ruled out, like Russia and Eddie's Kastel. It would be cool to include some new maps that haven't been done in previous ICWs, but they need to really be good for competition and not just aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe something like Eddie's Death Star, that seems like a good map for ICW
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on June 28, 2014, 02:06:26 PM
Is that the swbf2 map? If not, can you give me a link?

I propose Degobah swamps as being a map. Probably the most fun to myself personally for a match and I don't remember anyone having a problem with it.
Just... Don't... Do... Russia..... :'(
https://swbfv1clan.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/icw3-update-2/ When 1.0 beats FC/YAK

http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/128879699 Schduled battle against YAK/FC with 1.0 Ldrs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128576856-4.jpg
Random unscheduled battle against FC with just 1 1.0 Ldr.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on June 28, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

We could use Sereja's Death Star conversion.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6057

I've always found Death Star: Interior fun, but I've never played it online.

When a Death Star Convo is a good idea, I meant his trench run map which is named Eddie's Death Star
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

June 28, 2014, 08:00:30 PM #14 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:04:41 PM by Ltin
I think I remember playing that map cod, and I didnt like it very well. Not to mention the installer didnt work. It may be a good multiplayer map, but I dont really like it.
Edit: so Oven, say I. Spectating on Kamino, what couts as 'out of the way'
Would on top of the main building count? Under the bridges?