Breakdown's Modding Guide [PC- Only]

Started by Hardcore, January 22, 2009, 06:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 27, 2016, 02:42:34 PM #45 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:55:00 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ascertes on July 27, 2016, 02:39:34 PM
When you open up Battlefront Builder Pro, select the dataMod ID that you're working with. You should then have a Munge and clean tab along the top of the BBP interface.

Now, let's go back to the step with the clean and munge batch files. Do those as explained in the guide. After that, hit the Clean then Munge button in the BBP interface. The whole thing will now compile, then you should have your AddOn folder with the lvl file inside.

I hope this make sense?

I have already tried this but it doesn't seem to do anything :confused: Any other ideas?

I found that munging in BBP tells me this error:
Could Not Find C:\BFBuilder\DataHothTest3\_BUILD_PC\Mungelog.txt
\NVIDIA was unexpected at this time.

I have AMD, not NVIDIA which confuses me.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 27, 2016, 02:42:34 PM
I have already tried this but it doesn't seem to do anything :confused: Any other ideas?

I found that munging in BBP tells me this error:
Could Not Find C:\BFBuilder\DataHothTest3\_BUILD_PC\Mungelog.txt
\NVIDIA was unexpected at this time.

I have AMD, not NVIDIA which confuses me.

In that case I have no idea...I'd recommend seeing NVIDIA fixed the problem if you can get it on your PC but I think that might be highly impractical. I wish I could be of more help  :(
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

July 27, 2016, 04:03:26 PM #47 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:07:32 PM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ascertes on July 27, 2016, 03:40:17 PM
In that case I have no idea...I'd recommend seeing NVIDIA fixed the problem if you can get it on your PC but I think that might be highly impractical. I wish I could be of more help  :(

Like I said though, I have AMD, not NVIDIA. I can't download anything made by NVIDIA without having one of their products. The error message itself makes no sense.

I could put a Gameboy cartridge into my computer and it'd run better than BFBuilder :rofl:

I'll continue to look into it but I feel like I'm trying to teach a dead dog new tricks. If I find a way, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Would it be because I have Star Wars Battlefront on a different drive rather than my C:\?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 27, 2016, 04:03:26 PM
EDIT: Would it be because I have Star Wars Battlefront on a different drive rather than my C:\?

If you're talking about the game, I don't see how that would affect BBP's functionality. If you mean BBP itself, that may be an issue.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I've literally tried everything now. Bamdurs reg fix, changing drives, different locations, running as administrator. I probably have more :censored: projects in the folder than I have mods on my PC. Hell, I bet Jesus and his dog Rufus couldn't even fix this. This is so frustrating.

If anyone has any other ideas and is willing to help it'd be much appreciated. But right now it feels like I'm trying to get an EA product to work.

Has anyone had this issue on Windows XP? I could probably get this thing running through a Windows XP virtual machine... maybe? What is this thing optimized for?

This is about the best that I can give you:
Redownload BFBuilder and the modding tools from here.  Extract them just as they are onto your C:\ drive, as C:\BFBuilder2 or something of the like.
Create a new world in the original BFBuilder (don't try Pro yet).  Try to just munge it right after you create it and see what happens.  If somewhere along the line it hangs or does nothing, try BFBuilderPro and see what happens and then report the findings.

Everyone has their own issues with BFBuilder, I'm hoping we can somehow get yours fixed soon.  I believe on my laptop (it's been a while...) I had to create in BFBuilderPro and then munge in the original BFBuilder.  How that makes sense, I don't know, but somehow, it worked.  Windows XP was what should have worked best, but I use Windows 7 almost exclusively, so I can't personally vouch for it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.