Mouse droid?

Started by Dark_Phantom, June 02, 2013, 12:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can anyone make a mouse droid (like from the Death Star) that will work with the "droid" odf class?  (I say that specifically because my original idea is gone because of the incompatibility with the "human" msh files.  If anyone can enlighten me as to why or how to fix, please say so.)

But on failure of my original objective, I had another idea.  I will be using it in a later mod, whoever makes it will obviously get credit.

Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Great idea, I should have thought of that!
Well, I am not a modder, but I have an idea with what you could do with this, maybe make it like a recon droid or something.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Well, that's kind of what it is.  It's pretty much an edited recon odf file.  :)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I think there is a model on GS warehouse...
I'll check and update this post, if there is I can just add what needs to be added to make it play-able.

I saw mouse droids, in my Death Star conversion, but seems, they are wasn't "droid" class.  Just usual infantry, with Yoda sceleton anims.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

There is a mouse droid in the TCW assets. ( mouse.msh and rep_inf_mouse.tga)
It would need a bit of work (scaling) to make it usable.

Quote from: tirpider on June 04, 2013, 03:32:56 PM
There is a mouse droid in the TCW assets. ( mouse.msh and rep_inf_mouse.tga)
It would need a bit of work (scaling) to make it usable.
You mean the ones I'm trying to convert? :facepalm:
I should have looked there first... Thanks Tirps, I'll get right on it (tomorrow, but same thing.. right? :P)

Quote from: Sereja on June 04, 2013, 02:13:37 PM
I saw mouse droids, in my Death Star conversion
That is my favorite part of that map. No really it is! Who else would think of such a fun thing to put in a map! I play that map just to defend the mouse droids!!!!! :cheer:

Off topic map idea:
Mouse Hunt : Player is a Jawa hunting Mouse Droids
-or-
Jawas vs Mouse Droids

Quote from: tirpider on June 04, 2013, 04:52:12 PM
Off topic map idea:
-or-
Jawas vs Mouse Droids
Interesting idea, i'd say it's worth entertaining.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

June 05, 2013, 11:36:55 AM #10 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:19:28 PM by -RepublicCommando-
UV mapping almost done, (stupid XSI is acting up with textures AGAIN.) the mouse needs a more quality texture though.. It's quite small and pixelated.
I'll scale the tga 2x that way we can have someone edit it.

Updating this post when it's done. Nvm, it's at the bottom.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 05, 2013, 11:36:55 AM
UV mapping almost done, (stupid XSI is acting up with textures AGAIN.) the mouse needs a more quality texture though.. It's quite small and pixelated.
I'll scale the tga 2x that way we can have someone edit it.

Updating this post when it's done.

I would imagine the UV layout could pan out something like this, to retain it's detail level correctly...

I'm sure using a larger texture size wouldn't hurt though either. Kinda curious, hows XSI acting up? Might be able to help cause I use it all the time.
photobucket limit image removed

Off topic map idea:
-or-
Jawas vs Mouse Droids
Sereja, you know what you have to do.

I'll get 10 other people to storm your house if you don't make this.  ;)

Beware, I might be one of those people. :P
--
Just fixed the problem.. For some reason I'm not suppose to import materials when OBJ import?.. Weird.
I completely redid the UV map, it's too bad I didn't see that schematic earlier or I would have just matched that.

But I recently figured out that UVs are by percent, and not by pixel (though that makes sense, because it would take up twice the game process to render it, and it's just easier to do percent). So that means you can just scale the tga up without edited the model, and repaint the bigger texture/targa how you wish. Which explains how lowrez works.
--
Finished product in the attachments, credit to Pandemic for the original model. This should be able to replace the recon droid, you might consider messing around with the hover code in the odf if you do so though.. Or else you have a flying ghost mouse droid :P

Off topic map idea:
-or-
Jawas vs Mouse Droids
Kit Fisto.... i am one of those 10 people u said