Removing Jetpack

Started by Dark_Phantom, March 15, 2013, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have tried removing the jetpack from some skins for my next mod, but whenever I change the texture to alpha and hex edit after ATRB to:
04 00 00 00 04 00 00 00
All I get is black.  Is there a special way to remove them or did I miss something when I was doing this?  I know I'm on the right texture because I moved the 04 over and it made the jetpack shiny.  And just picking a different skin is out of the question at the moment.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I am usualy use hard edged transparence code, for removing things:
04 00 00 00 14
But I guess, it's does not matter after all...
The black (no texture) bug, may happens, if you change name of tga, or your tga, in some reason changed to some incorect parameters (not sure what exactly), when you add an alpha channel to it.
Possible solution: create another tga, with alpha channel, or use already exist stock one, like com_inv_col.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ok, that worked, combined with a new .tga.  I must have accidentally messed up the old .tga when I tried to make it alpha (also added an .option file to com_inv_col.tga which probably helped).  Anyway, now we have a trooper with no jetpack  8)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.