I found something very interesting

Started by Giftheck, April 23, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 23, 2015, 01:25:25 PM Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:31:30 PM by Gistech
Remember that a build of SWBF3 leaked out? Well somebody extracted quite a few models from it:

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1304034

What's interesting is that it turns out that there was a lot of asset re-use from this game for later games, and from later games into this one (IE the Clone Trooper model from TFU originated from SWBFIII).

Sadly, it doesn't look like there was a posting of the X1/X2 models. Those would have been perfect to study.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Wow, interesting..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Gistech on April 23, 2015, 01:25:25 PM
Remember that a build of SWBF3 leaked out? Well somebody extracted quite a few models from it:

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1304034

What's interesting is that it turns out that there was a lot of asset re-use from this game for later games, and from later games into this one (IE the Clone Trooper model from TFU originated from SWBFIII).

Sadly, it doesn't look like there was a posting of the X1/X2 models. Those would have been perfect to study.

That's kinda interesting to see the re-usage, but considering they were all under the same rights and ownership of Lucasarts I could see it. I remember seeing that AAT from the alpha footage of First Strike (if that's the one I'm thinking of).
photobucket limit image removed

I remember seeing the Pilot Luke model from TFU:USE [spoiler][/spoiler]Although the model was obviously touched up on before being put ingame
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I was actually hoping for X1/X2 models when I saw that and the guy had started on them but then that thread pretty much went dead before he could get more out.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Also found this thread on the same board.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1339877

It has models from other games, including cancelled games like Attack Squadrons, and models from the Wii version of TFU (particularly, I'd be interested in that game's version of the Heavy Trooper)
In Progress:

On Hold:

April 29, 2015, 10:15:02 AM #7 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:46:01 AM by 411Remnant
That's very interesting. It seems the wii versions are very pre-empire based. Gotta love how they look. Especially the rebels. Is it possible to view a 360 diagram of these models...well not in the illegal sense. They could provide some awesome reference for modeling something in a smaller polygon size.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Should be possible but those TFU models are already 'posed' the way you see them in that picture. You'd have to manually re-pose them to work in SWBF.
In Progress:

On Hold:

These are awesome, thanks for finding them. You would not have to re pose them just move the skeleton's arms a bit and make a new basepose. I might even try to convert one.

Sereja converted a couple of those models, like the Imperial Shuttle. He didn't do any of the characters though.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

May 27, 2015, 01:55:53 AM #11 Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:58:01 AM by Gistech
Quote from: 411Remnant on April 29, 2015, 10:15:02 AM
That's very interesting. It seems the wii versions are very pre-empire based. Gotta love how they look. Especially the rebels. Is it possible to view a 360 diagram of these models...well not in the illegal sense. They could provide some awesome reference for modeling something in a smaller polygon size.

You can import them into Mod Tool through the Crosswalk FBX importer.

This is not to say they're useless, no, absolutely not. You could use parts of those and edit them onto the stock model. This is what I am going to do with the Heavy Trooper from TFU. (I'm importing parts to the stock Stormtrooper model and editing from there - the helmet might want some poly reduction though unless I decide to go with a modded Stormie helmet)
In Progress:

On Hold: