WIP Model Showcase Thread

Started by Giftheck, August 23, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Long time no post! Here's my next model! I'm now using Maya to model and Substance Painter to texture. This is my own DH-17 pistol model.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

August 30, 2020, 03:23:11 AM #31 Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:05:10 AM by Giftheck
WIP silo model for Scarif, based on the model from SWBF2015. *II've modelled the high poly above, used that to make the mid poly (which will be the one I use ingame) and I'll be texturing this in Substance.

High poly:

Mid poly:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

baby's first kitbash

thanks to TY for figuring out my error

I like the less 'uniform' rebels we've seen in SW media since Rogue One and the first EA Battlefront.
I'm hoping to throw together a few similar kitbashes that give stock Rebel models a few new heads.

very nice :cheer:
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Oh man, unit 33 is back in the game   :cheers:

Maybe I have to do something...I seem to recall needing to make a tutorial for something  :whistle:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

March 09, 2024, 09:47:09 AM #35 Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 09:51:51 AM by Unit 33
thanks guys!

nearly got this kitbash working and it went very wonky in-game.
I even managed to get all the UV onto a singular 512x512 targa (which took a good while)!

I'm going try some more SchMEe. Not sure how to introduce 'new' msh objects for the purposes of kitbashing in SchMEe, but I'm sure it's written down somewhere.

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 09, 2024, 09:47:09 AMI'm going try some more SchMEe. Not sure how to introduce 'new' msh objects for the purposes of kitbashing in SchMEe, but I'm sure it's written down somewhere.

I think the best way to do that would be to build your new mesh onto the existing mesh in blender first, then export only the new mesh (either delete or deselect whatever pre-existing mesh you are going to put this new thing onto), then explode them with SchMEe and put them together that way. You'll need a hex editor to change the PRNT.chunk to make sure it attaches where you want it though.

I haven't tried this myself, so I'm not sure how well it'd work.

---

Since I'm here, I might as well share some kitbashes of my own:

Also, I don't know what precisely the policy is when it comes to editing other people's assets. Is it basically fine unless they explicitly tell you not to? Case in point here, I put psych0fred's Bothan's head onto a Rebel Hoth trooper:

Yeah, please credit source and should be OK.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

unit 33 is that a tcw clone head ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

March 10, 2024, 09:11:53 AM #39 Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:56:24 AM by Unit 33
Quote from: wsa30h on March 10, 2024, 05:04:49 AMunit 33 is that a tcw clone head ?
it's the head and chest from a Rebel Pathfinder kitbashed onto Luke. The model came from 'Galaxy of Heroes'.

I spent a good amount of time getting it down to 1397 triangles and making the UVs as efficient as possible (quite fun actually) and then it broke in game.
Something to do with the armatures probably.
I haven't finished the texture, and probably won't bother unless I can figure out what went wrong.

I've been lazily joining new bits of msh to create the desired effect. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Here's the assets if anyone fancies a look:
https://mega.nz/file/ga8WhD7S#wbpYFW50kqG-Qp7rbOVyK-p1-J8hF41Kg0SYsuKL9GM
I've been using SK's blender addon.

i have been looking for someone to make tcw style animation rebels. poly count wouldnt matter in that case.
-- bf1 tcw battles

Quote from: wsa30h on March 10, 2024, 10:47:36 AMi have been looking for someone to make tcw style animation rebels. poly count wouldnt matter in that case.
well you're in luck!

the older GoH models are a lot more stylised and closely resembly the TCW / Rebels style.
They're usually above 4000 polys, but can usually be reduced quite easily

They're avaialbe here:
https://groinkick.freeforums.net/thread/86/star-wars-galaxy-heroes

Teancum has ported a number of the more recent models to SWBF2, but not too many of these older stylised ones.
It takes some doing to rig them for SWBF and export them as mshs, which is why I tried kitbashing first.

Working on remastering some of the older unused weapon relics that get found here or there. This is the PS2 Imperial pistol that I believe Giftheck uploaded here a while back, alongside my remaster with an improved model and an AI-scaled texture:

This one I have the images in backward order, the new on is on the top.

Quote from: Ty294 on March 20, 2024, 07:04:22 AMWorking on remastering some of the older unused weapon relics that get found here or there. This is the PS2 Imperial pistol that I believe Giftheck uploaded here a while back, alongside my remaster with an improved model and an AI-scaled texture:

This one I have the images in backward order, the new on is on the top.

Looking very sharp! Excellent