First/Last Sunday of each month
12 (70.6%)
One off's (Christmas,Easter Summer etc)
5 (29.4%)
Never - Things are fine as they are.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 26, 2013, 04:30:30 AM

October 19, 2013, 04:30:30 AM Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:54:25 AM by {PLA}gdh92
I've been thinking about this for a while but I finally thought it was worth a try.
There seems to be less and less players on SWBF these days and I think the biggest problem is that although there are still a lot of us active we all go on, see only one or 2 players, and don't bother playing. Unfortunately when everyone does this no one plays and things just get worse.
Tournaments like the ICW prove that we can still have big games but they also have the side effect of taking away activity from the public servers which means that the less regular players lose interest.

My idea is to have 'SWBF days'; One a day a month where we all agree to play and can guarantee good games, hopefully this would get more active players and then we would start to get full servers on those days and better games the rest of the time.
I also included a poll if people think things should be done differently and please post any suggestions you have, I'm sure there's a lot of improvements to be made. :)

What we need;
A server (or better still one in Europe and the US) that goes up a few weeks early and says, for example 'SWBFday-Sunday November 3rd - All welcome'

The most important thing about this plan is advertising, I not only want to see everyone here playing but also old and even new players. I soon plan to write a guide to battlefront from buying the game, to patching, installing Tunngle and joining the server that anyone can link to.

Where we can advertise.
These are the ideas I had, please don't do anything until we agree on dates and a solid plan. We don't want a whole load of dates and everyone getting confused. :)
SWBFgamers - Of course
X-fire groups - In the news section
Clan sites - In the news or guestbook, especially for old and inactive clans
SWBF2 'admin chat' - Hopefully we can persuade server hosts to put a message in the autochat
Friends - Tell everyone you know
Websites that you can write in to - a few gaming sites have 'letter pages' where you can write in.
YouTube - If you see a comment on a SWBF 1, 2 or EA video saying the usual 'I miss playing battlefront' answer them :)
LucasForums etc.- All the SWBF forums

The message we posted in these places would always be the same and something like 'If you want to play the original star Wars: Battlefront again join the servers every last Sunday of the month for big games and visit SWBFgamers.com for details'.

That's all I've come up with so far but it would be ice to get MAC and PS2 players involved.
What does everyone think? Will you join in? Are there huge flaws? Am I being Overambitious and going to fail? :)

Edit; I've done a quick guide for new players. I actually have spare time today.  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7195.msg77923#msg77923
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I love the idea, gdh. If you want perhaps Unit and I could make some posters to advertise the SWBF days, just a little thought in my head. :P

Also, could we have them on Saturdays? It's rare for me to play Sundays, but if it does become Sundays, I'l try to make them regardless.

(P.S: Unit, you don't have to make them with me, even though I know your's will look better than mine. :P)

I like that idea, I know some BF2 admins, mainly (SWGO) servers that could maybe help but some of them..... don't.. exactly... like me, we could also go to sites like GT for ads
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

October 19, 2013, 09:18:37 AM #3 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:29:28 AM by {PLA}gdh92
Thanks for the offers. Once we work out the best dates and places to post things I want to try and get as much help as possible then post everywhere at once, I think that's better than us all trying different things and double posting and stuff. :)
The poster idea sounds good, especially for posting on clan sites. I see no reason not to make it on Saturday as long as it's always the same day to be more memorable (Sunday is an example I used) but we'll wait for more replies before a definite decision anyway.

Edit: There haven't been many replies yet so I'll take that as agreement. ;)
I think the sooner we get going the better. So would everyone agree that starting this on the last Saturday of November would be a good idea? I think the first Saturday would be too early and the last Saturday will mean that the next ones at Christmas. We can divide up who's posting where (or I can just do it) if there's no objections to that date.

Edit 2: Here is the message I think that we should post everywhere;
If you want to play in full servers on Star Wars: Battlefront again we are having 'SWBF days' on the last Saturday of every month starting around 2EST/7GMT. Everyone's welcome to join or visit SWBFgamers.com for more details.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

i agree with u gdh, and i find ok the date
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Just to let everyone know I'll start working on this and post the official thread in about a week. If anyone is willing to help out posting on old clan sites or any game websites they may know of please let me know.Thanks to Led and Anyder we will have a US and a Euro server.

October 23, 2013, 09:47:08 AM #6 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:23:05 PM by Dark_Phantom
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 23, 2013, 09:17:24 AM
Just to let everyone know I'll start working on this and post the official thread in about a week. If anyone is willing to help out posting on old clan sites or any game websites they may know of please let me know.Thanks to Led and Anyder we will have a US and a Euro server.
:censored: by DP, needless provocation
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

October 23, 2013, 10:56:30 AM #7 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:23:50 PM by Dark_Phantom
Quote from: Anyder on October 23, 2013, 09:47:08 AM
:censored: by DP, needless provocation
I wish people would stop that, we're trying to convince people that this game is worth playing again not that it's being ruined by a few people.
What's the point of crashing servers? It gains you nothing and ruins the game for the rest of us.

I've managed to tear myself away from the arcade games and I'm starting to post everywhere about this. All help is appreciated. Just link to this please ; http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7239.0