3d Modeling [Work In Progress... forever]

Started by tirpider, June 08, 2013, 04:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on November 19, 2014, 11:45:50 AM
Have you seen the "shadow box" feature in ZBrush?   http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/shadowbox/    One thing I hate about ZBrush is the navigation controls.

My home school pays for educational stuff (I get to keep any software, books).

Bioshock fan?

I actually hand't seen the Shadowbox feature in detail but after looking at that I'd say that would be really handy. Looks like re-topology would be a cinch with that. Graduated last year, but home school is the best.  :cheers:

As for Bioshock, yes I am a very dedicated fan. I have a fan based art project for something new I thought would fit in the B:I universe but I was holding off finishing it till I got squared away with a good sculpting program in conjunction with the new dDo I bought.

Some stuff I wanna redo with the high poly and some other stuff I want to sculpt details into. This is the "Sparrow of the Prophet" or better known as the Air-Bike...

It's gonna take me a while to get back to since I'm currently working on a Source Engine mod with a buddy. But when I do the final result should (hopefully) look great.
photobucket limit image removed

November 19, 2014, 12:53:31 PM #166 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:57:51 PM by {PLA} Van STING
That is pretty awesome!!! How many polys?

I'm a huge Bioshock fan. In the past 7 months I've played the first one 4 times, second 1 time, and Bioshock Infinite 5 times (DLC's 4 times, I hate that ending). I have 5 Bioshock posters in my room.

It would be awesome to work on a future Bioshock game.

Gosh, what a bird..
You are working in Source engine? I'm soo jelly..

November 19, 2014, 08:23:18 PM #168 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:26:42 PM by Epifire
Quote from: {PLA} Van STING on November 19, 2014, 12:53:31 PM
That is pretty awesome!!! How many polys?

I'm a huge Bioshock fan. In the past 7 months I've played the first one 4 times, second 1 time, and Bioshock Infinite 5 times (DLC's 4 times, I hate that ending). I have 5 Bioshock posters in my room.

It would be awesome to work on a future Bioshock game.

Ohhhh yes I'd kill to work on anything Bioshock related. Infinite's art style is crazy blazin bright (which I really liked a lot). Really daring in design and loud with the colors. Just when I was trying to see if I could get textures right I went to work on a small "Fink crate" I thought you also might like  :P [spoiler][/spoiler]

With a ton of random stuff smoothed and whatnot the bird is around 1.5 million. I'm only content with the engine and main body though, as I wanna actually redo a lot of it. This thing has sat around for over a year now as when I started I'd never baked a highres mesh before. So it's literally been me waiting for my skills to catch up, so I can finish it the way I had envisioned.

By the sounds of it you're wanting to do this kind of thing as a career move (if I'm not mistaken?). Totally would be awesome to collaborate on a project of some kind. Right now I just recently hopped on board with the mod Double Action: Boogaloo (steam mod) but after that it's probably back to getting into Unreal 4 and finishing the Air-Bike.

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on November 19, 2014, 12:56:12 PM
Gosh, what a bird..
You are working in Source engine? I'm soo jelly..

Currently I'm only working in Source for an ongoing steam mod (it's pretty cranky to work in :XD:). But many thanks on the bird. I've spent many obsessive hours contemplating how it should work. That brings up something I forgot, being that I actually was making a scene in Unreal Engine to showcase it in...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Trying not to image spam, but OMG when it comes to Bioshock I just let loose.  :cheer:

Quote from: Epifire on November 19, 2014, 08:23:18 PM
That brings up something I forgot, being that I actually was making a scene in Unreal Engine to showcase it in...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Where's the like button!? That looks too cool, Epifire! :D

Quote from: Epifire on November 19, 2014, 08:23:18 PM
Ohhhh yes I'd kill to work on anything Bioshock related. Infinite's art style is crazy blazin bright (which I really liked a lot). Really daring in design and loud with the colors. Just when I was trying to see if I could get textures right I went to work on a small "Fink crate" I thought you also might like  :P [spoiler][/spoiler]

With a ton of random stuff smoothed and whatnot the bird is around 1.5 million. I'm only content with the engine and main body though, as I wanna actually redo a lot of it. This thing has sat around for over a year now as when I started I'd never baked a highres mesh before. So it's literally been me waiting for my skills to catch up, so I can finish it the way I had envisioned.

By the sounds of it you're wanting to do this kind of thing as a career move (if I'm not mistaken?). Totally would be awesome to collaborate on a project of some kind. Right now I just recently hopped on board with the mod Double Action: Boogaloo (steam mod) but after that it's probably back to getting into Unreal 4 and finishing the Air-Bike.

Currently I'm only working in Source for an ongoing steam mod (it's pretty cranky to work in :XD:). But many thanks on the bird. I've spent many obsessive hours contemplating how it should work. That brings up something I forgot, being that I actually was making a scene in Unreal Engine to showcase it in...

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Trying not to image spam, but OMG when it comes to Bioshock I just let loose.  :cheer:

That stuff looks like it's straight from the game! Now I wanna make a Bioshock styled gun.

I definitely want to do this stuff as a career. I'm trying to decide if it's worth going to college (with the stuff I'm doing now). I'm going through 4 Gnomon DVD's, 10 video game related books, this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSLLdTBwLMfTKWS56tOiQpw/videos and my dad is an artist, so he's teaching me stuff.

A collaboration would be fun. What did you have in mind? Bioshock related?

Seeing all of this stuff makes me want to play Bioshock, and I don't even know what it is.  :cheers:

Okay so I've been a bit bored lately (Even though I dhould probay be paying more attention to school) I decided to make a nice, normal gun in Sketchup, nothing different about it: [spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler]  Yep, thee is absolutely no- oh wait. What's that in the stock? Oh my it's a knife!! [spoiler][/spoiler] Well other than that I guess this is a pretty nor- Oh MY, LOOK!!! The gun is now a SWORD!!!!! [spoiler][/spoiler] As you can probably see, I've gotten pretty good at presentations, but here is this... Knife? Rifle? Knifle? But I think it's pretty good, I tried to go for a RWBY kind of gun and this was the result. I'm not sure if it's BF compatible even though I tried to make it as low-poly as possible, and even f it is I have to convert to MSH (Which I can't do), make textures and write the ODFs.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

January 22, 2015, 07:14:16 PM #173 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:17:58 PM by Epifire
I'd say just make it into a rifle with a large bayonet attached into the front section. The idea for some reason sorta reminds me of a Retro-lancer from Gears of War [spoiler] [/spoiler]

Although I'm sure you could definitely stylize it differently. Pretty cool idea though either way, just a suggestion of mine. I'd say you're off to a good start though.

January 25, 2015, 12:22:09 PM #174 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:24:30 PM by {PLA} Van STING
That knife looks similar to a knife I have. Borderlands 2 has a lot of guns with sword sized bayonets. The knife that goes into the stock doesn't allow for much room for the mechanism. If the gun shoots bullets there needs to be more length at the back of the gun (or move the magazine forward), for the bolt to be able to grab a round and chamber it.

Here is a Bioshock-ified bergmann simplex. It is pretty much done, I just have to fix some topology and make all of the low poly parts high poly.
Do you like using Electro Bolt to defend your home from splicers, but don't have enough Eve? With our pistol upgrade you can shoot a barrage of electric projectiles at your enemies without the need for needles!

(learning how to use 3ds max's rendering system)
UNFINISHED- Mad Max fan project (the new movie looks awesome). The body is pretty much a HRG 1500 and the exhaust is from another old car.

And the last one is a modular environment (spaceship interior) that I'm currently working on. There are about 6 modular parts, I'm going to make more; ceiling pieces, windows...

Seriously Sting, I am incredibly impressed by those. :tu:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

January 28, 2015, 09:10:58 PM #177 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:43:31 AM by Epifire
Some great looking stuff there Sting! Would love to see that gun finished out with textures too. A solid mix of different styles and themes to change it up. Speaking of changing it up I kinda wanted to show my recent project I'm just now wrapping up. Getting my feet wet with Unreal 4's new rendering system so when my long time friend (who was wanting some art for his book) contacted me about tackling the visuals, I did this for him. It's a rather dark surreal themed novel, and for this he wanted me to depict what was simple called the factory. So lots of red and metal...

It's actually a really simple layout and was great for usage of modular assets on a tight deadline. There are a ton of things I would do differently were I to do it again but it certainly was a great learning experience. Now since I recently bought Mudbox 2015, I'm hoping to detail up the Air-Bike scene and finally finish that. I wanted to get a better understanding of the engine before trying to finish my pride and joy (that got me into Unreal in the first place).

EDIT: With all the weird PB stuff I think I'll just leave it with the direct image instead.

It says it was moved, and refreshing the page doesn't appear to be working for me. :/ Any ideas?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Norwood on January 29, 2015, 07:12:18 AM
It says it was moved, and refreshing the page doesn't appear to be working for me. :/ Any ideas?
I found clicking the "Final Renders" section above led me to the gallery of things in there, so you should be able to find the images (it's the 2 hallway shots at the beginning of the album).