[WIP]..Forever (Maps/mods showcase)

Started by Snake, July 03, 2013, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some cut out test scene, from my BF2 Kashyyyk conversion map:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and realy stay useless...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on November 18, 2013, 12:06:16 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and really stay useless...
That would be magnificent!
It's too bad.. I really enjoy tripping those silly walkers, so clumsy.

Quote from: Sereja on November 18, 2013, 12:06:16 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Unfortunately, those cable, in some reason, works incorrect at Kashyyyk, and realy stay useless...
That is a brilliant idea! I hope you can get it to work as that would be so amazing to fly that thing and tow the walkers. Such an awesome idea! :o

Make sure you have this in your .lua:

SetMemoryPoolSize("OrdnanceTowCable", 8) -- need extra for wrapped/fallen cables

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I know its off topic, but is the tow cable geometry (the black wire thing, which I think the shape is controlled by the exe) able to have a texture map? I think the black colour is just the default no texture bug.

No, the tow cable has a texture. It is the grappling hook that doesn't have a texture. I really want to find what that is.

The cable has texture? Interesting. I didn't found any line, responsible for that... :confused:
Well, my problem, with cable - walker cable targetable collision, not the cable itself. If you ever try to make few laps around spider walker, you also may find this bug.

maybe there is some hardpoints or collision in the at-st or at-at models made for that purpose. have you looked in them?

Quote from: MileHighGuy on November 27, 2013, 02:16:56 PM
maybe there is some hardpoints or collision in the at-st or at-at models made for that purpose. have you looked in them?
Sure, any collision can be targetable for cable. There is special lines for that in odf like this:
TowCableCollision = "p_front_left_thigh 0.36 0.0 1.06"
The problem is - collisions just dissapear on some legs, and cable loose the target. I found some solvation for AT-AT, (it should be loaded from the game memory bank, like this:
ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
"imp_walk_atat");

or from the custom side folder.
ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\imp.lvl", "imp_walk_atat");
But If both lines activated at ones - cable collision will be lost  :blink:
Unfortunately, for any other walkers, this trick, not works, and their legs, loose collision anyway.

That is too bad.. I wonder what the difference is between the grappling gun and tow cable are.. Grappling gun seems to target any collision (Never attempted with primitives)..

Well, here another pics of my WIP project, and I think, it's realy "cool", matby even cold or freezed... it's a Polar Express.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Sereja on February 08, 2014, 09:22:59 PM
Well, here another pics of my WIP project, and I think, it's realy "cool", matby even cold or freezed... it's a Polar Express.

WOAH!

I may not be a fan of the creepy faces in that film, but you've got the great set design down to a T!

Great stuff!

Quote from: Unit 33 on February 09, 2014, 02:27:05 AM
WOAH!

I may not be a fan of the creepy faces in that film, but you've got the great set design down to a T!

Great stuff!

Thank's! :)
Well, this map, may works with stock sides in GCW era, and creepy custom, as alternative. I just have to found any early 20th century units, and put there everything, what I found in my PC. In original film, except kids, friendly ghost and counductor, nobody was there, so I have to improvise...

That looks like an AWESOME modmap, Sereja! I'd play that in a heartbeat! :o