[Tutorial] How to disable recons (and other secondary weapons)

Started by Phobos, December 24, 2011, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is a short tutorial I wanted to write on disabling recons, landmines, and/or healthpacks in dedicated servers. Although BattleBelk was the first to discover this trick, he did not share his methods with anyone. I rediscovered this a few months ago through experimentation, trial and error. When I tested other combinations of the same trick to try and remove primary weapons it caused the game to crash, so it is limited. This was the method used to make 1.1 depacked pilots mod. It also crashes if a unit only has 1 secondary weapon u try to remove (such as wookie time bomb), it must have 2 to work and only works on the 2nd. Here is an example of the simple change you make for empire units:

Disable recons:
open imp_inf_scout_trooper.odf
change this
WeaponName4 = "imp_weap_inf_remotedroid"
WeaponAmmo4 = 1
WeaponChannel4 = 1

to this
WeaponAmmo4 = 1
WeaponChannel4 = 0

Disable mines:
imp_inf_shock_trooper.odf, weaponchannnel4 = 0

Disable healthpacks:
same except pilot unit

So you can see all it takes is change weaponchannel4 from 1 to 0. From doing this with the first 3 weapon channels always resulted in crash.

Now you just munge the side lvls and put them in your dedicated hosting folder and congratz no more annoying recons.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on December 24, 2011, 10:16:48 PM
Here is a short tutorial I wanted to write on disabling recons, landmines, and/or healthpacks in dedicated servers. Although BattleBelk was the first to discover this trick, he did not share his methods with anyone. I rediscovered this a few months ago through experimentation, trial and error. When I tested other combinations of the same trick to try and remove primary weapons it caused the game to crash, so it is limited. This was the method used to make 1.1 depacked pilots mod. It also crashes if a unit only has 1 secondary weapon u try to remove (such as wookie time bomb), it must have 2 to work and only works on the 2nd. Here is an example of the simple change you make for empire units:

Disable recons:
open imp_inf_scout_trooper.odf
change this
WeaponAmmo4 = 1
WeaponChannel4 = 1

to this
WeaponAmmo4 = 1
WeaponChannel4 = 0

Disable mines:
imp_inf_shock_trooper.odf, weaponchannnel4 = 0

Disable healthpacks:
same except pilot unit

So you can see all it takes is change weaponchannel4 from 1 to 0. From doing this with the first 3 weapon channels always resulted in crash.

Now you just munge the side lvls and put them in your dedicated hosting folder and congratz no more annoying recons.

Thanks. I will move it to tutorials soon.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet