Allied Natives Capturing CP's for Themselves

Started by Ascertes, May 01, 2017, 06:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello fellow battlefrontians. Today I come with a problem regarding the possibility of teams capturing command posts for their own team.

For example, in the default Kashyyyk maps Wookies are allied with the Republic/Rebels. If a wookie were to approach an enemy command post and capture it, it would go to the Republic/Rebels and not the wookies. I'm looking at changing this for a map I'm working on, so in this example the captured CP would go to the wookie team isntead.

Assuming its possible, I would like to also ensure that the Republic/Rebels couldn't retake this command post from the wookies, in this example.

My map is set up so the allied native team has their own command posts, however this present problems as any CP they capture will go to the playable team rather than themselves, and the playable team AI like to run over and capture the CP's of their native ally and remove them from the battle.

A couple things I've done to try and remedy these problems:
1. I've set the starting native CP's capture value to 0 for the allied playable team. This ensures they won't take it from their native ally, but if the enemy team manages to capture them, the allied playable team AI won't pursue those posts.

2. I tried setting the allied teams to Neutral for each other, and this ensures the native team can capture CP's for themselves, but it turns their CP's white when playing as the allied playable team (however I think is kind of cool-looking!) so it would be confusing for anyone playing this map. Also, it doesn't stop the allied playable team from taking the command posts captured by the natives.

As always, help with this issue is appreciated :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Well on Tatooine in BF1 the tusken raiders have their own CPS however they are not your allied team.Thye are your enemy.So i suggest start looking from there and slowly slowly make changes/tests.Atleast thats what i will do at the begining.I remember before years i was messing around with such thing and i totally stucks in one plance and left that behind.Maybe i need to check this things again.Now i know more...

May 02, 2017, 08:27:54 AM #2 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:32:36 AM by Snake
My memory is really foggy but I think one other way is you could create an invisible CP to spawn natives. The only problem is they would spawn throughout the game. The Kashyyyk: Islands .lua is the only other thing that may have answers.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Ginev on May 01, 2017, 11:56:59 PM
Well on Tatooine in BF1 the tusken raiders have their own CPS however they are not your allied team.Thye are your enemy.So i suggest start looking from there and slowly slowly make changes/tests.Atleast thats what i will do at the begining.I remember before years i was messing around with such thing and i totally stucks in one plance and left that behind.Maybe i need to check this things again.Now i know more...

Quote from: Snake on May 02, 2017, 08:27:54 AM
My memory is really foggy but I think one other way is you could create an invisible CP to spawn natives. The only problem is they would spawn throughout the game. The Kashyyyk: Islands .lua is the only other thing that may have answers.

I think the main issue is that the game registers any native teams are "subservient" to the 2 playable teams. I think the best way to remedy this would be to do some LUA editing. but I'm not aware of any codes that could help here.  :confused: My review of the Kashyyyk Islands LUA's didn't reveal anything unusual or new to me.

For my Kashyyyk map (which is coincidentally the one I'm working on,) I had this exact problem. The allied natives always captured the cp's for Team 1 or 2, and the AI never treated these allied CP's as friendly & not to be captured. If we could get the game to register teams 3, 4, etc. as equal to 1 and 2, I think this problem would fix itself.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.