Author Topic: Night Of The Living Dead v1.11 MP Patch  (Read 2965 times)

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Night Of The Living Dead v1.11 MP Patch
« on: November 14, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

Night Of The Living Dead v1.11

Download NOTLD
-> Download NOTLD v1.11 MultiPlayer Patch <-
Download NOTLD SoundTrack

NOTLD Installation
Note: If upgrading from v1.0 patch, follow the same instructions, and click YES to overwrite all files

1. This mod is simple to install. First copy the ZOM folder to your _LVL_PC folder here
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC
2. Then copy the NLD1 folder into your AddOn
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn
3. Now launch SWBF, note if you want to play with MiniMap enabled, rename or delete the file NoMap.lvl

- Included here with the mod is the complete Design Document as of v1.1, broken into 3 sections: ReadMe, Credits, and Strategy Guide.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:35:14 AM by Phobos »

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Night Of The Living Dead v1.1 MP Patch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
An official public server is up now called
[FC]Night_Of_The_Living_Dead
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:38:23 PM by Phobos »

Midsagital

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
the difficulty of the different zombies is a very good touch I really like how it goes from easy to insane and im glad there is a description of what each type does because I do enjoy reading those

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
Is it me or ammo bots dont work o.o
| SWBFSpy Manager | Learning Manager & SWBFSpy Engagement | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

"Never stop learning"

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
Final patch v1.11 reuploaded at 6:20PM

Also I have uploaded the mod to http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/
and will upload to moddb later.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:50:03 PM by Phobos »

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Night Of The Living Dead v1.11 MP Patch
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:33:10 AM »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/night-of-the-living-dead
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/developer/Phobos_Developer;30517

You should see the links appear once approved on both sites. SWBFGamers, ModDB, and FileFront are the 3 biggest sites for hosting SWBF1 mods.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:58:46 AM by Phobos »

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • {Alpha}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Captain of The Alpha Clan [TAC]
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • The Alpha Clan
    • Awards
  • PSN: Only_Whisper
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
If you don't mind, can you do 1 Minor fix for a future update?
I'm having a real problem with my Survivor AI somehow walking their way upstairs before the zombies ever come, and the AI will always patch the barricade in the doorway upstairs, keeping me from being able to access it from inside the house.

Would you be able to add a spawn point for the player, not only upstairs, but also in the basement? Thanks!

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
I'm having a real problem with my Survivor AI somehow walking their way upstairs before the zombies ever come, and the AI will always patch the barricade in the doorway upstairs, keeping me from being able to access it from inside the house.

Would you be able to add a spawn point for the player, not only upstairs, but also in the basement? Thanks!
u can change the spawn location.. just choose upstairs instead of basement
| SWBFSpy Manager | Learning Manager & SWBFSpy Engagement | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

"Never stop learning"

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »

Just use the ladder to go upstairs once the stairway is blocked off. Go to NorthWest corner of house, inside or outside and press E. Then exit and you will be on the roof and can go through the window.

And if you have trouble selecting the middle CP to spawn from, just click the switch sides icon a couple times and it should place the circle in the center.

edit: you need to play with NoMap.lvl DISABLED to change CPs unless you use the switch team trick
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:55:44 AM by Phobos »

{Alpha} Kiwi

• Frequent Poster
  • Awards DET1-participant Participated in the ICW6 Administrated the ICW6 Participated in the ICW5 Administered events in ICW5 ICW4 Participant ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Clan Site
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »
This is a really fun map, and works really well! My favourite character is ben, since he is powerful over any range and can build barricades quickly. I like how each of the characters is well balanced, and yet still have their weakness and strengths. e.g I find that Tom is effective against the higher health zombies, but isn't so good against masses of weaker zombies. Barbara is good on the outside and takes out weaker zomibes quickly, but struggles against the flying zappy zombies. Cooper is great against masses of weak zombies, but also has difficultly hitting the flying zombies. Judy seems a bit weak though, the repair speed is nice, but the longbow seems to be fairly ineffective. Also, it would be cool if a secret passageway or trapdoor could be put into the basement to allow you to escape. Ik you can spawn at other cps, but it can be annoying if you accidently spawn in the basement and have to respawn. This is probably the best mod map I have played though, Kudos  :cheer:

EDIT: Oh, one thing, there seems to be a bug where sometimes the last soldier won't enter the map.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:36:55 PM by {Alpha}.Gen.Kiwi »

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 07:45:37 AM »
A huge thanks to MikeTheBeast for posting an extensive review of this map on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWqXL_gZEk

@Kiwi
Thanks for the review, I am glad you enjoy the mod and find the units balanced. Judy is basically the weakest playable character, and mostly useful for repairing and using the longbow at main doorways with rapid fires to stun the zombies for other characters to kill them easier. The charged shot is good against powerful zombies at close range.

For the basement, something like a trapdoor could be added to a later update. For now the best advice for escaping the basement is to repair the fence but not the crate next to it, or once its destroyed make sure not to rebuild it.

Not sure about the military spawn bug, could you explain more about this like what difficulty it was on, what reinforcements were, and if you saw the soldiers camping somewhere outside of the map in freecam/minimap? It will be investigated at a later time.

{Alpha} Kiwi

• Frequent Poster
  • Awards DET1-participant Participated in the ICW6 Administrated the ICW6 Participated in the ICW5 Administered events in ICW5 ICW4 Participant ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Clan Site
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 06:15:44 PM »

@Kiwi
Thanks for the review, I am glad you enjoy the mod and find the units balanced. Judy is basically the weakest playable character, and mostly useful for repairing and using the longbow at main doorways with rapid fires to stun the zombies for other characters to kill them easier. The charged shot is good against powerful zombies at close range.

For the basement, something like a trapdoor could be added to a later update. For now the best advice for escaping the basement is to repair the fence but not the crate next to it, or once its destroyed make sure not to rebuild it.

Not sure about the military spawn bug, could you explain more about this like what difficulty it was on, what reinforcements were, and if you saw the soldiers camping somewhere outside of the map in freecam/minimap? It will be investigated at a later time.

I only just noticed how Judy can charge up the longbow, its actually a bit better than I thought. I will try that next time for the basement.
For the military soldier who didn't enter the map, it was on the multiplayer server. It happened twice while playing I believe, the first time the miltary only had 1 soldier left for a while until our team all died. I didn't see him this time, but the soldier didn't seem to be dieing. The second time I respawned as a soldier and found him on the minimap, he seemed to not be going into the main map. Both time this was the last soldier. Next time I see it I will try taking a video or screenshot.

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • {Alpha}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • The Alpha Clan
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
Disabling the NOMap has certainly made a gameplay difference, and I can actually spawn where I need to now. However the Ladder is a tad glitchy, it works for me just fine.
Otherwise, the rest of the mod runs awesome, and I even got to have a LAN party with it in my Programming class today. I have yet to play on an online server with it, however.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
I only just noticed how Judy can charge up the longbow, its actually a bit better than I thought. I will try that next time for the basement.
For the military soldier who didn't enter the map, it was on the multiplayer server. It happened twice while playing I believe, the first time the miltary only had 1 soldier left for a while until our team all died. I didn't see him this time, but the soldier didn't seem to be dieing. The second time I respawned as a soldier and found him on the minimap, he seemed to not be going into the main map. Both time this was the last soldier. Next time I see it I will try taking a video or screenshot.
Thanks for finding this, it could likely be caused by a CP weighting or planning bug, I will look into it later.

The mod has been approved on filefront, however after multiple refreshes it keeps saying "File Not Found", so I suggest downloading it from moddb or swbfgamers.
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Night_Of_The_Living_Dead;

Davenport

• The Resident Bird
  • {Alpha}
  • This Man Has No Life
    • View Profile
    • The Alpha Clan
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:51 AM »
Thanks for finding this, it could likely be caused by a CP weighting or planning bug, I will look into it later.

The mod has been approved on filefront, however after multiple refreshes it keeps saying "File Not Found", so I suggest downloading it from moddb or swbfgamers.
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Night_Of_The_Living_Dead;

Phobos, add this number to the end of the link: 122282
It should fix the error