Xfire Alternatives (Poll)

Started by Shazam, June 29, 2015, 09:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Xfire alternative(s) do you prefer?  You may select up to two options.

EvolveHQ
Origin
Overwolf
Raptr
Steam
TeamSpeak
Quote from: Phobos on July 26, 2015, 10:41:16 AM
Currently I prefer teamspeak over all of these.

Teamspeak is a voice client. And a voice client only. Steam is a social platform. From my years on steam, groups on steam are closely linked to voice clients (especially for gaming).

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Quote from: BOB.LION on July 26, 2015, 10:46:43 AM
Teamspeak is a voice client. And a voice client only. Steam is a social platform. From my years on steam, groups on steam are closely linked to voice clients (especially for gaming).
Teamspeak still works better for most [FC] members than steam for purposes of the ICW.

Quote from: Phobos on July 26, 2015, 10:55:42 AM
Teamspeak still works better for most [FC] members than steam for purposes of the ICW.

Yeah use both. Steam for alt tab = type chat/ easy to link url etc + ts3 for voice chat.

July 26, 2015, 11:17:57 AM #33 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:19:54 AM by Phobos
Quote from: BOB.LION on July 26, 2015, 11:00:59 AM
Yeah use both. Steam for alt tab = type chat/ easy to link url etc + ts3 for voice chat.
Im also using TS for type chat, easy URLs and PMs. Steam lags on my PC more than TS for some reason.

TS i have checked, and it is the least CPU intensive of all the above programs. While I'm sure any of you have a computer that can run any of these programs well (on a normal basis) I figured you should know that TS is the least intensive on your CPU.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on July 26, 2015, 01:00:30 PM
TS i have checked, and it is the least CPU intensive of all the above programs. While I'm sure any of you have a computer that can run any of these programs well (on a normal basis) I figured you should know that TS is the least intensive on your CPU.

I think mumble and ventillo have lower overall, especially with 20+ clients. But the difference is very small.

Quote from: Ultimo on July 26, 2015, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: BOB.LION on July 26, 2015, 01:07:53 PM
I think mumble and ventillo have lower overall, especially with 20+ clients. But the difference is very small.

I've been in a public TS right now to check it and the CPU Usage was 0% and RAM Usage was 26MB lol
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com