How did you find MPC? (Now SWBFgamers)

Started by Droideka, June 29, 2010, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 29, 2010, 10:07:51 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:20:32 PM by Buckler
So I was thinking about the weird things people put in google to find MPC, and I started to wonder how everybody came here.

I'll start and say my old clan JMS got a challenge from IGC and they linked us to their site which was still SWBFmac, I didn't really get into the forumming for awhile though  :P
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

i got here because of Ryan's custom maps topic. he is bringing alot of people here with that one thread.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Daa Bob and Master Zenwa recruited me to DB and told me to come here for customs!
That was like 4 years ago lol

I joined back when Stealth and C-Killa recruited me for a Halo demo clan and told me to join here for the clan forum
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

remarkable when a game demo can have its own communities  ;)

After MacXgamers went down for the last time, I think Hardcore or PiMan told me about MPC via GameRanger.

I was playing SWBF on game ranger and it said "customs at swbfmac.com" so i went and downloaded every map they had at the time. But I had no idea how to install them, luckily GDArtworks walked me through step by step.

I still think GDA was the best swbf player I have ever seen. He played dirty but who cares, he won.

GDA was the best SWBF player i had ever played with.

Quote from: The Super Swede on June 29, 2010, 10:35:41 AM
Daa Bob and Master Zenwa recruited me to DB and told me to come here for customs!
That was like 4 years ago lol

4 years? it was more like 2 and a few months

Anyway, I got here by looking for custom SWBF maps, back in the first MXG, I registered there but never really got into it, then I registered on the second MXG on December 15th 2007 and have been here ever since

Ryan kindly helped me install custom maps and he told me to sign up to macxgamers. That was a little bit over 2 years ago.

I've been spamming this forum everyday since then.

#TYBG

Quote from: Breakdown on June 29, 2010, 02:06:36 PM
4 years? it was more like 2 and a few months

Anyway, I got here by looking for custom SWBF maps, back in the first MXG, I registered there but never really got into it, then I registered on the second MXG on December 15th 2007 and have been here ever since

no my bad it was 3, i started legends 2 years ago, and i started them a year after coming to MxG.
and ag i remember when you were ipooted and it was like your first day and you joined a game me and daa bob were playing in.
I dont think we got you to join mxg but i still remember you saying it was your first time playing :P

:'( if only i was here in the good days

I came here because all the BF players asked me do you have a MPC account.

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

I talked to Bomber1000 AKA Da Bomb AKA Stealth, who sent me to Cheese. I joined IGC, posted lots of spammy badly spelled posts in the clan forums, then kinda improved and moved to the rest of the forums. I joined the top 8 in IGC eventually, then we merged with the original ACW, got into fire fights with ELD, then chilled in IAS for a while.

I joined during the 3rd month of the forums. September, and it was founded in June.  I'd been on GR before then playing Age of Mythology (fantastic game) and played a lil SWBF before joining. I remember trying to participate in a tourney not having any idea what "maz1" was, and NF trying to explain, but I was dumb so wasn't able to play that one.

So yeah. I think JK has been here longer. Not sure who else has me beat.

June 29, 2010, 07:49:06 PM #14 Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:10:11 PM by Hardcore
LOL i remember the flame wars with ELD! we were so mad at them lol! and I remember the merger between us and IGC being "the event of the century". so much drama :)

If the database of swbfmac is still around somewhere you can check that out. I know I do, I was here the month it all started.