[ICW] Week 1

Started by Oven, July 15, 2012, 08:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JohnisofLU on July 21, 2012, 09:20:06 AM
By leader you mean clan rep.Or a admin.right

Yes, a clan rep

July 21, 2012, 11:33:25 AM #46 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:40:23 AM by Jamman
212 v. ELK match, I was the admin in the server.  212 won the match, defending the planet.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/124604974-4.jpg

Please note, my screenshot doesn't show the ELK who joined the server late and didn't get a chance to play. Which brings me to another question, I had no idea what to do about this in the server.

Kamino has a bleed. By the time everyone had joined the server, the ticket count would have been down 20-30 reinforcements. Instead of a countdown, I made it very aware that the match would start once the server restarted. That led to many ELK not joining fast enough and not playing.

212 vs ELK on Kamino was unfair. Kamino had bleed, so we decided to capture the command posts and start the match as soon as the new map loaded. Due to this, many of the 212 members were spawned and capturing command posts before some of our members even joined. We had at least 3 members that did not get to partake or even spawn in the match, since we lost our CPs within 2 minutes.

I respectfully ask for a rematch sometime today while our members are still online.

July 21, 2012, 12:20:18 PM #48 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:09:36 PM by {PLA}gdh92
Good game with ELK on Mustafar but we could have done with more natives to make for a better game. Also if we know theres no Australians (or NZ and other nearby countries :) ) in a match/clan would it be possible to have an East coast server since quite a few Europeans are playing and we're getting pings of around 240.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

ELK v. natives on Mustafar.  Congrats to ELK.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/124605864-4.jpg

I will not be online for the next battle, GRC v. UEF at 4:00 pm Est. on Tech Center.

Remember, A Native team may contain literally anyone, including tournament Admins, other clan members, and other members of SWBFgamers who are interesting in participating, so show up and play!

GG everyone!
I just can't seem to stay away...

July 21, 2012, 01:34:36 PM #51 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:37:39 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I mentioned this to Jamman, but I think I may have a solution for starting maps that have bleed.

Like most games, everyone joins the server and gets situated and practices, then when it's time for the battle to start one team captures the command posts to allow the map to switch. I think all players should get accounted for and then once the next map starts you wait until a certain number on the reinforcement count.

Example: On Kamino, since both sides bleed, you could set both reinforcements to 230 or so, since it's on 200 on the map normally. Once the reinforcement bleeds to 200, then that could start the game and the Admin could say go.

Just my thoughts, although I don't really have a solution for maps that only one side bleeds at the start. Perhaps modding it.
--
EDIT: Also, I would like a rematch with 212 on Kamino that will not take away from our 2 attacks per week. Thanks.

I believe bleed can be removed from mod maps via hex editing. But changing startup bleed to regular bleed, would be much harder to hex edit, although still possible i think.

July 21, 2012, 01:46:49 PM #53 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:48:59 PM by Klaos / Silver'
Okie, so today was the battle between GRC vs. UEF.
UEF won, but the GRC guy was alone  :blink:
so i think we should rematch or something like that :D
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=686
Skill is when luck becomes a habit!

Sunday Servers have been made.

Phobos made a 250 ticket Ord Mantel Mission.  Ive hosted it at home.  It will ping 9999.  Make sure everyone knows how to get in 9999 servers.  I could host it by DC if needed.

The other servers are hosted in Atlanta.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

This is the week where bugs in the system are found. And so far, we have found several. I assure everyone that they will be resolved in a timely manner

So is there a re-match between 212 and Elk???

Just to make sure, in the rules it says when a clan attacks another clan on a small planet, the attackers get to choose sides. But in the case of both clans attacking a native-owned planet (like fc and yak attacking dantooine), its set up so the first clan to announce the attack gets to pick side (which would be the defending clan)?

These rules remind me of doing my taxes  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Correct Phobos and Led.

Nixo, that has yet to be decided.