[ICW] Intergalactic Clan War -- Announcement and Rules (Rough Draft)

Started by Oven, July 02, 2012, 09:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
We are withdrawling from the tournament has ecko as been demoted from leadership

Quote from: Oven on July 14, 2012, 08:48:22 PM
For now, here is the map list:
Large planets
Bespin:  Cloud City, Platforms
Coruscant: City, Streets
Hoth: Caves, Echo Base
Kashyyyk: Docks, Islands
Rhen Var: Citadel, Harbor
Tatooine: Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley
Yavin 4: Arena, Temple

Small Planets
Dantooine
Kamino
Maze
Mustafar
Ord Mantell
Tranquaan
Utapau (no vehicles)

A map pack shall be compiled, distributed, and posted here ASAP.

Also, Wild has been made an admin.

May I suggest removing Maze from the list, it is not a good map for a tournament setting. You can contact me sometime on xfire for a few things. If others want to have Maze, I am perfectly fine with it, I would just rather not have maps like these in a serious tourney.

Random home planet assignments:
212 - Coruscant
DW - Tatooine
FC - Kashyyyk
GRC - Yavin IV
UEF - Hoth
YAK - Rhen Var
Other YAK - Bespin

Any suggestions for an alternative to Maze? Personally I find it to be a fun change of pace, but I can make the change.

Quote from: Oven on July 15, 2012, 09:28:19 AMAny suggestions for an alternative to Maze? Personally I find it to be a fun change of pace, but I can make the change.
I would suggest that we keep Maze, but make the rule that you have to go through the maze, and not around to the back. Otherwise it would be too easy.
I just can't seem to stay away...

Any objections to replacing Maze with Endor? If not I will go with that.

Quote from: Oven on July 15, 2012, 12:54:44 PM
Any objections to replacing Maze with Endor? If not I will go with that.
No objections here. I like the idea. :)
I just can't seem to stay away...

Here's our fantastic Galaxy Map Template courtesy of Unit 33.

Great map! Looks spiffy.

I agree, Endor is a suitable replacement for Maze.

The map is very nice, but isn't Dune Sea being replaced with Jabba?

Quote from: Phobos on July 15, 2012, 05:19:05 PM
The map is very nice, but isn't Dune Sea being replaced with Jabba?

Yes, that's correct

ICW Week 1 Thread
ICW MOD MAP PACK DOWNLOAD
Black&OrangeScorpion has been made an admin.

I propose for whoever hosts Ord Mantell to make the reinforcements 250 per team instead of leaving it at the default 500. Without the bleed drain this map can take over an hour to play one round on which is simply absurd.

Quote from: Phobos on July 16, 2012, 09:02:28 AM
I propose for whoever hosts Ord Mantell to make the reinforcements 250 per team instead of leaving it at the default 500. Without the bleed drain this map can take over an hour to play one round on which is simply absurd.

That 3 hour game was brilliant last time.  :sick:

July 16, 2012, 09:07:49 AM #43 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:41:48 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I agree, it was stupid. Right when you think you're going to win the apposing team CPs and it goes for another 30 minutes...  :td:

Longest, most boring game I have ever played. To think that I actually liked that map before that battle. Go figure.   

I like ord mantel and thought the huge battle was actually relatively fun, but the reinforcement count should definitely be cut in half