2-player Sniper Team Tournament, starts 4/24

Started by Led, April 13, 2011, 05:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the players in the sniper tournament:  Do you want to have recons available?

Yes
5 (50%)
No
4 (40%)
Don't Care
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

LmaoXD Once every one finished picking teams im going to make the bracket so everybody report there teams

ill take part in the tournament.
(insert signature here)

Quote from: Jamman on April 15, 2011, 12:51:50 PM
i support recons as its part of the unit. if you got rid of them, might as well get rid of nades to. good luck in the tourney rage, ill make sure to spam the recons at ya.
Good luck spamming recons at me BrownBread, I've seen it many times before. Who said I was in the tournament?

Quote from: Buckler on April 15, 2011, 10:21:58 AM
If there is a concensus for no-recons and the mod is not availaable, then it may also be possible to spend some time to figure out how Battlebelk did it.

Should a poll be made then? I support no recons. It does nothing but slow the game down and encourages camping. Also, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how Battlebelk did it, and I think I figured it out.

May I make a poll?

I formally request by the admins to disable the use of grenades, seeing they can be used for spam, excess spawnkilling and might have the ability to slow the game down.

Also, pistols. I see no use of them. Lets disband from pistols and make this a complete sniper rifle tournament.

:cheers:

April 16, 2011, 04:51:38 PM #20 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:53:31 PM by ModTester
Quote from: Jamman on April 16, 2011, 04:01:03 PM
May I make a poll?

I formally request by the admins to disable the use of grenades, seeing they can be used for spam, excess spawnkilling and might have the ability to slow the game down.

Also, pistols. I see no use of them. Lets disband from pistols and make this a complete sniper rifle tournament.

:cheers:
How do nades slow down the game? If you are talking about the explosion animation, then recons are much worse. I have a good graphics card however, and don't lag from either.

I have done some testing with mods and found that so far online compatibility is extremely limited. To do a sniper rifle only mod would require a downloaded custom side lvl, which is impracticable for some.

I have found that the only possible online compatible solutions which don't require custom files are the possible following:
- No recons but nades
- No nades but recon(s)
- No health packs but fusion cutter
- No fusion cutter but health packs
etc. for landmines, basically where a unit has 2 secondary weapons, one can be removed. If both are, clients crash. I am trying to find a way to disable one of the primary weapons (like pistol), but so far it is also crashing when I do that.

A possible online solution for the sniper only mod would be removing nades, then with the recon mod it so it instantly dies and does no damage. The only thing to remove then is the pistol, which I am testing various ideas for.

Then how about we just don't play with mods.   :slap:

"It does nothing but slow the game down and encourages camping."

"How do grenades slow down the game? If you are talking about the explosion animation, then recons are much worse. I have a good graphics card however, and don't lag from either."

Then it's settled. I get how this is the modding website for SWBF. But it's not the modding tournament. This is a sniper only 2v2 tournament. The game creators or designers I'm not sure who, gave the unit "Marksmen, or Sharp Shooter" with the arsenal of: Rifle, Grenade, Recon, Pistol.  :whip:

April 16, 2011, 05:45:59 PM #22 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:49:03 PM by ModTester
I'm just wondering if battlebelk's no recon mod will be compatible with the custom mission and no cp mods used by the tournament host. It should be, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Quote from: Buckler on April 15, 2011, 10:21:58 AM
I don't know how to implement that without download, but if you know how we can do that if the participants would like that.
Why can't battlebelk's no recon mod be used? Did he make gcw only?

Quote from: ModTester on April 16, 2011, 05:45:59 PM
I'm just wondering if battlebelk's no recon mod will be compatible with the custom mission and no cp mods used by the tournament host. It should be, I don't see why it wouldn't.
Why can't battlebelk's no recon mod be used? Did he make gcw only?

It probably could be.  Im not sure where that mod lives--side file?

In any event, if recons are available (still to be determined) then just take out the ammo bots and then the most a team would get would be one per life, since no one can spawn as pilot.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 16, 2011, 06:13:36 PM #24 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:15:32 PM by ModTester
Quote from: Buckler on April 16, 2011, 06:05:25 PM
It probably could be.  Im not sure where that mod lives--side file?

In any event, if recons are available (still to be determined) then just take out the ammo bots and then the most a team would get would be one per life, since no one can spawn as pilot.

Yeah, the recon disable mod is done with a side lvl edit, not a hex edit. It took hours of failure at hex editing to abandon that pursuit. It is something I am studying and testing and might make a tutorial about soon.

Also, I will be signing up for the tournament with Fordo as my partner.

If the server is direct connect will it be /noaim?

@Jamman and Rage fight= Recon battle. Could you have a backup partner just in case your partner can't be there for the battle?
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Quote from: ModTester on April 16, 2011, 06:13:36 PM
Yeah, the recon disable mod is done with a side lvl edit, not a hex edit. It took hours of failure at hex editing to abandon that pursuit. It is something I am studying and testing and might make a tutorial about soon.

Also, I will be signing up for the tournament with Fordo as my partner.

If the server is direct connect will it be /noaim?

Excellent, we have our first team.

I am not sure if /noaim works with the CD version of the game.  I can try it.  I don't have a way to check it though.

I will never understand why the PC version of dedicated server wasn't made to support DC's...

Quote from: Buckler on April 16, 2011, 07:33:18 PM
Excellent, we have our first team.

I am not sure if /noaim works with the CD version of the game.  I can try it.  I don't have a way to check it though.

I will never understand why the PC version of dedicated server wasn't made to support DC's...

Have you seen my VLAN tutorial? That is another possibility.

Quote from: ModTester on April 16, 2011, 08:05:45 PM
Have you seen my VLAN tutorial? That is another possibility.

Do you know if it can support cross-platform play?