[solved]How to match model and skeleton correctly

Started by RepComm, April 29, 2014, 09:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 29, 2014, 09:55:51 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:50:35 AM by -RepublicCommando-
Right, so we all know the standard pose that models have while not animated (open up some unit model in MSH Viewer and see that his arms are straight out and legs spread a bit, perfect for examination), but what happens if I have a model I want to animate that is not in that pose?

See how his arms are down and legs are far more spread that vanila models?

How would I go about animating him with bones the correct way? Would I rotate the bones accordingly, or try to adjust the mesh to fit the skeleton?

I think I tried rotating bones once and having it go nuts after export, but that was when I didn't really know how to freeze the animation.

I'd like to not mess this up the first time I do it, and I'm sure someone else has already done this and knows how.

I guess, there is no such way. Human sceleton/anim, seems stored in exe, and there is no way to change it. Bones, just let the game to know, which part of the model, should be moving, but not where those part axis should be. So, if you move the bones, you may got just more wide axis radius of the model part moving, and it's usualy looks very unnatural in game.
The only way, to correctly envelope infantry model - make it's pose identical to basic pose before enveloping. That's it. :)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: