XB1 pre-orders coming soon

Special Editions:
Deluxe Edition ($69.99) announced
Available in North America and Europe,
Instant access to future in-game items:
.Han Solo's Blaster
.Ion Detonator
.MPL Ion Torpedo
.Exclusive emotes (Ion Shock and Victory)

Ultra-Limited Edition PS4 bundle announced
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"Battle of Jakku" DLC
.It's Free!
.Pre-Order to get access on December 1st
.Available to all on December 8th

Era:
Galactic Civil War

Maps:
.4 Planets at launch being Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, and Sullust
.More than 8 launch maps are confirmed with at least 2 maps per planet

Modes:
.There is no campaign
.MP is up to 40 players
.One confirmed MP mode is 'Walker Assault', which is a bit like Payload from TF2, except the payload is an AT-AT and shoots deadly lasers.
.There is a new Co-Op mode called "Missions" featuring bots (Spec-Ops style mode playable online, solo offline, and 2-player splitscreen)

Gameplay:
.60 fps (30 fps in split-screen)
.Swap between 1st-person and 3rd-person at any time
.Heroes are playable (Darth Vader and Boba Fett are in the trailer)
.There are no space maps
.Pick-ups will be placed on the maps
.Blasters will feature a cool-down mechanic instead of the ammo system
.The class system has been replaced by character and loadout customisation
.A progression/rank system will unlock new customisation options (skins/weapons etc)
.Players can team up via a partner system to spawn near each other and share unlocks
.HUD is minimal with mini-map in lower-left corner and health/grenades/weapons in lower-right
.Players can customise their race, gender and cosmetics (but that doesn't mean lime green capes)

Thanks to JDHarbs for gathering much of the information

April 18, 2015, 04:21:43 PM #1 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:20:20 PM by Commander Awesome
Bit of a typo here:
Quote from: Unit 33 on April 18, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
Maps:
.4 Planets at launch being Hoth, Endor, Jakku, and Sullust
.The planet Jakku (as seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens) will be released as free DLC
I assume you mean Tatooine.

Also:

Weapons and Technology:

Confirmed to be usable by players:
.E-11 Blaster Rifle
.DH-17 Pistol
.A280C Blaster Rifle
.DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle
.DL-44 Blaster Pistol
.EE-3 Blaster Rifle
.T-21 light repeating blaster
.Bowcaster
.SE-14 Blaster Pistol
.RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle

Star Card Weapons:
.Tusken Cycler Rifle
.Barrage (Grenade Launcher)
.Thermal Detonator
.Ion Grenade
.Mortar Launcher
.Ion Torpedo
.Ion Shot
.Smoke Grenade
.Focus Fire
.Pulse Cannon
.Flash Grenade
.Personal Shield
.Jump Pack

Power-Up Weapons:
.Orbital Strike
.Squad Shield
.Blaster Cannon
.Anti-Infantry Autoturret
.Anti-Vehicle Autoturret
.Smart Rocket
.Thermal Imploder
.Proximity Detonator

Used by NPCs and heroes:
.Sniper Rifle (Which resembles the DLT-20A)
.Jetpack
.Lightsaber

Vehicles:

Pilotable:
.AT-ST
.AT-AT (Guns only)
.Rebel Airspeeder
.Speeder Bike
.X-Wing
.TIE Fighter
.TIE Interceptor
.A-Wing

Hero Ships:
.Millennium Falcon
.Slave 1

NPC Ships:
.Y-Wing
.Imperial Star Destroyer
.Nebulon-B Frigate
.Mon Calamari Cruiser
.Corellian Corvette
.Imperial Shuttle

Playable Species:
.Human
.Sullustan
.Ishi Tib
.Quarren
.Rodian
.Twi'lek
.Zabrak
.Duros

Locals:
.Ewoks
.Tusken Raiders

NPC Enemies (from missions mode):
Imperial:
.Stormtrooper (E-11)
.Stormtrooper (EE-3)
.Shock Trooper (DLT-19, Sheild)
.Jet Trooper (DLT-19, Jetpack)
.Scout Trooper (Sniper Rifle)
.Shadow Trooper (T-21, Stealth)

One more thing of note: The Battle of Jakku DLC will explain how the star destroyer crashed in the Episode VII trailer. (Possible space battle?)

I assume so, but the space battle probably won't actually feature in the game in any shape or form.

Well there won't be "space" battles, but from what I saw in the trailer, there was a scene with TIE's flying out of a Star Destroyer hanger into the fight. So we could probably expect a Elite Squadron-type map layout with it all being played on the same map (No separate space and ground maps to fly in and out of).
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

UUUHG!  I HATE HATE HATE Origin and their malfunctioning DRM's! They are terrible!  I want nothing to do with them ever again!  If you are in doubt check thousands of chat boards with fed up people refusing to play Origin's games after buying games they are not able to play.  I am one of them of course. 

But I love SWBF!  What to do???

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on April 28, 2015, 06:40:38 PM
UUUHG!  I HATE HATE HATE Origin and their malfunctioning DRM's! They are terrible!  I want nothing to do with them ever again!  If you are in doubt check thousands of chat boards with fed up people refusing to play Origin's games after buying games they are not able to play.  I am one of them of course. 

But I love SWBF!  What to do???
Actually, DICE said it won't have that.

The game will launch with 12 MP maps.
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/creating-the-planet-sullust-for-star-wars-battlefront
QuoteOf the 12 multiplayer maps in Star Wars Battlefront (there are even more locations when you include the Star Wars Battlefront Missions), some feel immediately familiar — such as the lush forests of Endor or the tundra of Hoth that allow you to re-live your favorite moments from the films. Some of the maps support our epic modes like Walker Assault, while others are tailored to more intimate, close quarters combat. Our goal is to bring a variety of battle fantasies to life, with map design catering to the modes that will play out on those maps. Above all, we want you to create new memories of your own in new places you've never seen before.

DICE also says that there are other maps that are exclusive to missions. And that some areas of Sullust are similar to the Death Star interior.

DICE have confirmed there will be no ironsights, though some rifles will have scopes, and that the AT-STs are freely pilotable.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-ironsights-in-star-wars-battlefront-playable-at/1100-6427156/
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

May 07, 2015, 04:19:07 PM #13 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:20:54 PM by Commander Awesome
Vehicle list updated. DICE has confirmed that there will be battles with capital ships.

May 07, 2015, 07:39:33 PM #14 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:17:59 PM by Ultimo
Quote from: Commander Awesome on April 28, 2015, 03:06:42 PM
One more thing of note: The Battle of Jakku DLC will explain how the star destroyer crashed in the Episode VII trailer. (Possible space battle?)

I'm going to guess something more along the lines of a battle inside the Star Destroyer, but I could be wrong... Although, it would be cool to have that kind of battle, then after each battle on the map, we see a background cutscene of the ship going down. Almost like Nuketown in CoD. Lol

---
Edit:

Also, I'd like to recommend you add that there will NOT be iron sights in Battlefront. Iron Sights were a big thing in the Battlefield series, but DICE recently stated about not finding any of the guns they are adding to the game to ever be without a scope. It is unconfirmed what the exact zoom measurements of the scope will be, however I'm going to guess we'll be seeing anything from 1x zoom to the Battlefield standard 2x, 3.4x, and 4x zooms, as well as Sniper zooms probably anywhere from 8x, 10x, 20x, and 40x. Maybe even further... Lasers can really travel.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper