Stoppin' by to say hi.

Started by Breakdown, December 22, 2016, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

Not sure if anybody would remember me here (aside from Led). I used to play this game a LOT when I was younger, and did a lot of mods. It's a bit embarrassing now to look back at my post history when I was younger (we were all a bit dramatic, right?), but I have so many fond memories of this game. It was and still is the greatest gaming community I was a part of, so it joys me to see that it is still continuing. There's people I made friends with on this game almost ten years ago that I still talk to. And I love the looks of these new maps/mods that are being made, I wish we could have had stuff like that when I was around.

I haven't actually played in years, and I don't think I would even be able to get my disc to work if I wanted to. I tried playing the new re-boot, but it was nowhere near the same thing. I think I maybe logged about 10 hours on it compared to the 1000 or so on SWBF1. But I just wanted to stop back in and smile at such a great part of my adolescence. Obviously a lot has changed.  But keep doing what you're doing, it's awesome that the game I thought was about to die 7 years ago is still going on.

If you guys have some stories while I am being nostalgic, tell me some! For that matter, are any of my mods still kicking around? I haven't checked the downloads section, and I doubt anybody would play them anymore, but it would be fun to look at again.

-Breakdown

Hi Breakdown, good to see you again :cheers:
I remember playing your zombie cloud city mod back when I was first learning how to mod SWBF. Many players feel the EA reboot is nothing compared to the originals ;)

Now that we have our own master server, SWBF1 and SWBF2 should last for many more years. They will probably even outlive the EA servers. Many new mods are being created for both games, you should check out some of Sereja's maps if you manage to get the game working again.

Hey BD, dust off that disk  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'd be willing to try for old times sake, but, I might be wrong, doesn't old games like that not even work on Windows 8?

Sure they do !

and Windows 10 too  ;)

BD you're still alive!

Good to see you chum!

December 23, 2016, 07:39:07 AM #6 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:12:22 AM by Breakdown
Hey Unit, nice to see you too!

After doing some troubleshooting with my disk drive, I'm currently installing SWBF for old-times sake. Hopefully see you guys in game, I have to mess around with some server things I gather?

EDIT: Got it all figured out. Hope to catch you guys in game. What time is there usually activity?

Good times are usually 7-10 pm  US Central time.  The holidays may have some different time though  :cheers:

Great, I won't be on the next few days ( :xmastim:) but I'll be sure to try and get on sometime during the holidays. Once I go back to school I don't think my school laptop could run it.