Bad clusters in Softimage

Started by swgaming1015, September 01, 2017, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a model that's not working in Battlefront 2. I clicked "check sel" to see if it was something to do with bad faces but it instead said "Bad Clusters, Only first UV property will be used." Is this what's causing the problem with the model? If so, how can I get rid of bad clusters?

September 01, 2017, 02:48:00 PM #1 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:52:26 PM by Triops
I have the same problem:
I add texture to my meshes like Sereja suggests in his door tutorial:
(http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5433.msg52915#msg52915):

Material>Phong>Color>Image>(Image) New>New From File>Scene_Material.tga >(Texture Projection) New>(choose projection)  Unique UV's (polymsh)

...and it works fine, but when I want to change the material to have another texture and do the upper process again (Material>Phong>Color>...)  the old texture isn't removed, although the dialog of XSI says "new"...

I think the error "Bad Clusters, Only first UV property will be used" is because you assigned a second texture and only one of them can be used.

In my case the models are usually working, but do not show the texture I want.
I am not sure if that is the main thing of your problem with your model.

I am sorry I dont know how to remove the texture- which i dont need- from the mesh again.

That's probably why the texture isn't showing on my model. I'm attempting to convert an obj model with an already existing texture. Maybe I'll have to remove the first texture and apply the new one.

To delete one of the texture:
Click on pink Model them and change it to the Render Blue theme.
Then under Modify click Materials (careful, this thing may crash time to time). In pop-up window at the left panel choose your no needed "mother in tree texture" (not children in tree texture) and press Delete at the your keyboard.
To change texture:
Do the same but this time you need just to drag "children in tree" texture to another "mother in tree". This procedure is neccessary for work with other format imports like .obj.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: