Hello

Started by IntLibber, December 14, 2016, 09:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi played BFII years ago. Now I'm building Naboo for RP use in the Naboo region of Kitely.com (an opensim grid). Nearing completion of Otoh Gunga at present. Will have speeder racing, and a "To the core" Bongo sub roller coaster ride.

Here's some pics:

Welcome to SWBFGamers! I like what I'm seeing so far from your project. Speaking of Otah Gunga, I think you and Sereja would get along real well. He made an Otah Gunga map for SWBF1 not too long ago.

I hope you enjoy SWBFGamers as much as the rest of us have :)
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Welcome to the 'Front! :huzzah:

Most of us here STILL play SWBF2 (And SWBF1 for that matter). You should check out the mods we've made and our new master server patch for online play. :cheers:  Also great job on that Otah Gunga model! :tu:

Hey Welcome here Intlibber !!! :D !! how are you ? , very nice project ! i am with you ! good luck my buddy !! :) !!  :moo:  :cheers:

December 18, 2016, 07:43:01 PM #4 Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:10:38 PM by Commander Awesome
Quote from: Ascertes on December 14, 2016, 09:50:59 PM
Welcome to SWBFGamers! I like what I'm seeing so far from your project. Speaking of Otah Gunga, I think you and Sereja would get along real well. He made an Otah Gunga map for SWBF1 not too long ago.

I hope you enjoy SWBFGamers as much as the rest of us have :)

I have found that finding Gungan content online is exceedingly difficult, probably because JarJar is so loathed (though I hope that is changing now that the "drunken master" theory, that JarJar was secretly a sith, is spreading). However, some of you posted videos to youtube playing Sereja's Otoh Gunga map, which helped me immensely, so my Otoh Gunga is strongly influenced by Sereja's work, though I don't have it installed at present (been meaning to do that, but like any creator, getting hip deep in building and scripting, the time flies by). So I want to thank you all for putting that content up. My Otoh Gunga is a little smaller scale than Sereja's, although avatars are normally larger in opensim (typically averaging 2 meters!) so that makes the scale look even smaller for most, since all builds must have more headroom to provide space for the third person camera, above and behind an already over-tall avatar.

Anyone with Gungan and/or Naboo content is invited to join Kitely.com and come join our RP community (or if you want to get another faction going, you are also welcome!). You can import mesh content as collada (.dae) files, bvh files for animations, wav files for sounds, and bmp, png, and jpg images for textures. All import uploads are free (unlike for instance, Second Life). Scripting uses LSL and OSSL functions, the LSL language is sort of like java or C#.

Particularly needed content: Opee See Killer, Sado monster, and Claw Fish. A variety of gungan avatars. Gungan furniture, weapons, clothing, and Kuudu.

Server resources are focused on simulating specific regions, of different sizes based on processing and memory capacity. Second Life regions are all 256x256 meters in size (and yes, the world is a flat grid, not round, so anything above 1000 meters or so is considered "space"), but in Opensim, you can have regions 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 or more in size. Naboo is currently a 2x2 region, or 512x512 meters, featuring Otoh Gunga undersea in one quadrant, a mix of mesh and system terrain above, then the mesa of Theed City in the opposing quadrant. A region this size costs $20 a month on Kitely.com. If you want to learn to run your own grid server on your own machine, you can download Opensim and connect it to OSGrid, or run your own separate grid, and do what is called "Hypergridding" which is like the internet, a VPN for avatars to teleport from grid to grid. There's currently over 50,000 regions on the hypergrid. Kitely.com is the largest commercial grid and the most stable. It has an inworld currency, the KC, and you can purchase content on the kitely marketplace from a large number of content creator/merchants for either KC or USD (via paypal). Any content purchased on the Kitely Marketplace is exportable anywhere on the hypergrid if the creator sets it to export. Creators can also sell their work at inworld shops, but content sold there isn't exportable unless it is set to fully permed. There are currently three SWRP projects underway in Kitely, and a few others across the hypergrid, as more people migrate out of the walled garden of Second Life, from its vibrant SWRP community, to the more dispersed hypergrid.

Edit: One last thing: We have NPCs in Opensim, unlike SecondLife. They are script generated so you can put them wherever you want, with whatever range you want, behaviors, animations, gestures (which can combine animations, sounds and chatted text), sound files, chatted text, and whatever equipment you want. You basically create an NPC by first dressing up your avatar how you want the NPC to look, be equipped, scripted etc, then you use an NPC generation script to clone your avatar as its set up, and the script generates a notecard of all the XML the system needs to then generate an NPC that looks just like how you equipped your avatar. Then an NPC script can generate that NPC wherever, whenever you want, though some grids restrict their use to the region owner or their estate managers owning the prims the scripts are in, to limit griefing and abuse. You can code your NPCs to various sorts of AI activity, even interact with programs outside opensim on the web.

Putting in the lower levels where the plasma processors distill plasma from the waters deep in Naboo's core.

Edit by CA: Please do not double post. Edit your posts instead.