Just joined! 3 days ago... Also bonus points if someone can help me out

Started by alorbe, November 08, 2016, 03:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
First of all I'm new to the whole forum thing since I've never really "bothered" to get involved in one since I kind of found most of them to be messy and sometimes hard to search what I wanted to see exactly, if that makes any sense, with that out of the way:

Hello, I'm Alex; I'm 18 and from Portugal, I usually play on my pc. I play a fair amount of diverse games except for sports and most racing games, I'm quite a big fan of RTSs and Co-Op games. I value gameplay and content over graphics, I'm not picky when it comes to that as long as I don't see a game from 2016 looking worse than a game from the 90s, I always do take in consideration the release date of the game and judge it with that in mind.

I joined this forum mostly due to Battlefront II which I used to play on my ps2 (along with A TON of other games which I still have to this day). Feel free to add me on steam (message me for my account name).

If you for some reason have any question, feel free to ask!

I have a question of my own, this is probably not the right place to post it on but since it's kind of a secondary thing to the main theme of my post, I think it wouldn't do too much harm asking it here, however correct me if I'm wrong, like I said, I'm new to forum posting and using.

Can I create a server having the swbf2spy that isn't dedicated and have someone join it? I can join the existing ones but when I tried to, my friend said the connection failed. I tried creating a dedicated server using a tool/program but I'm not sure if it works with swbf2spy. Is there anyone who can give me some help regarding that?

Quote from: alorbe on November 08, 2016, 03:24:42 PM

Can I create a server having the swbf2spy that isn't dedicated and have someone join it? I can join the existing ones but when I tried to, my friend said the connection failed. I tried creating a dedicated server using a tool/program but I'm not sure if it works with swbf2spy. Is there anyone who can give me some help regarding that?

Welcome to SWBFgamers  :cheers:

First, just to understand completely, you want to host a PS2 SWBF2 game without the dedicated server software?

or PC SWBF2 game without the dedicated server software?

And, another question for you--are you familiar with "port forwarding" on your router.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet