Thoughts on New EA "SWBF3" Beta?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 08, 2015, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello guys,

I was just wondering what you all like about the new "Star Wars Battlefront 3" and what you dislike about it.

I first off, love the visuals. It looks like I'm playing Star Wars Battlefront truly. I like the animations in the game too. Some even had me laughing! Oh, and it is incredibly fun to play.
However, here comes my dislike list. Yea that's right. Look how short the first few sentences look. First thing I really don't like and what a lot of us saw coming, it wasn't going to be Star Wars Battlefront. I changed my mind about the whole link between Battlefield and Battlefront and yes, that's reasonable. But when on earth did EA say they were going to make a Call Of Duty game? I heard of a Star Wars Battlefront 3 but is all I see is load outs, spawn points that spawn you far far away from the action and awful balance to the teams. Oh, and don't get me wrong, this is only the Beta but there's no way they'll alter this in less than a month. The Empire always win on Walker Assault, The Rebels always win on Sullust, and by then, who'd want to play the Survival game mode?
I found myself running down enemy players and barely getting killed but is that the strategic rush I'm used to with SWBF1 and 2? No. Is the community friendly? It's EA making this, do you really think the community will be friendly. Does the platform Origin download properly? No. I had to leave my computer on downloading this for two whole days.

In conclusion to all of this, yes it's fun, but it feels like a Star Wars mod for Call Of Duty with a slight touch of EA with their overpriced game. Can anyone else say differently?

PS: I know that some people wasn't getting a download issue, but I had the worst by far.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

The console version (at least for me) has had issues for me. I can't even play drop zone, I keep getting "Connection to EA Online has been lost" every time I attempt to search a match for drop zone. However walker assault works fine, I enjoy it a lot. The graphics are amazing, I actually felt like I was in the Battle for Hoth and the loadouts are pretty good. The main problem is the balance, I haven't played Sullust but Hoth Empire wins 99.9% of the time. Overall I think the game will be very good, it doesn't have the classic SWBF1/2 feeling but I find it to be a very nice reboot in the modern era of gaming.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

All i have to say is Amazing graphics, boring gameplay, not worth $60.

I haven't played it but i watched alot of videos so far and all i can say is that its a nice recreations of star wars but somehow still feels like Call of Duty.I mean we dont even have all the stuff that Battlefront 1 and 2 give us.About Hoth i simply wanted to get a snow speeder from a hangar and take off.But no they are static objects...SO basically they give us nice static maps with alot of pew pew :D

I didn't play it, but may say, the graphics look really nice. Well it is actually correct clarification for any of the modern games, so it wasn't a surprise.
I am already written somewhere, about most annoying things, which shouldn't be in next SWBF.
1. No "eagle/fish aye" camera view effect.
2. No a lot of unnecessary icons/huds.
It seems that the creators had read my advice and do the exact opposite. :confused:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: [FC]BoMbeR on October 09, 2015, 12:51:16 AM
The console version (at least for me) has had issues for me. I can't even play drop zone, I keep getting "Connection to EA Online has been lost" every time I attempt to search a match for drop zone. However walker assault works fine, I enjoy it a lot. The graphics are amazing, I actually felt like I was in the Battle for Hoth and the loadouts are pretty good. The main problem is the balance, I haven't played Sullust but Hoth Empire wins 99.9% of the time. Overall I think the game will be very good, it doesn't have the classic SWBF1/2 feeling but I find it to be a very nice reboot in the modern era of gaming.
I've been playing FIFA with EA since 2008 and the disconnecting happens A LOT, EA are just notorious for this... It'll probably be like this the entire lifespan of the game.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on October 08, 2015, 11:40:11 PM
PS: I know that some people wasn't getting a download issue, but I had the worst by far.
I can't even get it to download, but that is because Origin won't update, and you can't download games without Origin being up to date.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

October 09, 2015, 07:55:20 AM #7 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:02:27 AM by Đisciple
Yea,I play Fifa too and what Helios said its true,Ea dont fix their games with patches,they fix in the next game and bring more problems...

Some stuff that hopefully they will adjust:

- Those turrets that you can enter in it are really op,managed to get 10+ streak  without much effort(of course you need to get one with a good position)
- The Empire always win on walker assault

-If you are in the end of the match on walker assault with rebels,good luck staying alive for more than 5 seconds,you just get spawkilled killed by the at ats,at sts and the turrets all the time

- The at at is only good at the end,before that you just cant kill with it

- The at St main gun is not that great while his first abillity is really easy to get multy kills because it recharges so fast

- When you get a power up and press to use it and dies,when you spawn you just cant use it

Overall I liked it need some adjustments,the requirements are lower than what they said, I have all the recommended requirements except for the drivers card that I got an gtx 770 and even though managed to play 1920 x 1080, 60 fps everything on high.I liked the musics and the menu layouts,the star wars feeling was there too,the air combat is meh but really annoying if you there's someone good at it against your team. I manged to get Vader twice, the first time I spawned so far away that I died when I had the chance to kill a rebel,the second time I got,the game ended in the same second.The game was better than what I expected...

I managed to play some of the beta yesterday on the PS4 and my mind was blown!

The graphics, needless to say were absolutely incredible, as well as the sound. It was also incredibly smooth, smoother than any other game I've played ever, I didn't experience even the slightest bit of lag, even in multiplayer. It truly felt lifelike and immersive, like I was really in the Star Wars universe. The controls were easy and felt pretty natural, very similar to the old games. Now for the gameplay. Overall I found it to be easy enough to be fun, and challenging enough to keep me playing without getting bored. It's a nice balance. At a glance, the gameplay seems very simple, but the customization with star cards (secondary weapons/items) and power-ups add quite a bit of depth to it. You really have to think about what star cards to equip and when to use them, and there's quite a variety of star cards available in the beta, ranging from grenades and rockets to sniper rifles to jetpacks. All with their strengths and weaknesses. Most star cards have unlimited uses and have a cooldown effect. Others, however, have a limited number of uses, and have to be replenished using special powerups called charges. This indeed add another extra bit of challenge to the game. There are three levels you can play in the beta, I got to play all of them:

Survival Mode on Tatooine: In this mode, you are a lone rebel soldier who must survive against waves of imperials. I played this on easy mode (This was the first mode I played). It's pretty much exactly what you saw in the E3 gameplay. Even in easy mode it was pretty challenging. The enemies are easy to take down, but they can overwealm you pretty quickly. In this mode I was given pre-made loadouts I star cards to use. In my best match of this I got 37 kills and survived 5 out of 6 waves (there are probably more waves at higher difficulty levels).

Walker Assault on Hoth: This was definitely the most fun and epic out of the three. In this mode the Rebels must secure uplink stations in order to sens in a bombing run to disable the shields of the AT-ATs, rendering them vulnerable. The Empire must prevent the rebels from doing so and defend the AT-ATs. The Rebels win if the AT-ATs are destroyed. The Empire wins if they are intact after the time limit. I got to play this as both sides. I didn't really get to try the vehicles much, but I did get to fly a TIE fighter around a bit. The controls and handling are identical to the original games. I unfortunately did not get to try out the heroes. But just the infantry combat alone was really fun.

Drop Zone on Sullust: This was the most fast-paced out of all the modes. In this mode each team has to capture escape pods as they fall. The first team to get five wins. Needless to say, you needed to stay on the move. Very fun.

I agree with you all, it's extremely fun to play, however it doesn't have the Battlefront feeling. Like I said before, it doesn't even feel like Battlefield, it feels like Call Of Duty. Amazing visuals though! I'm not normally one to get overly excited over the graphics but the game is literally the definition of beautiful! I feel like it's the graphics that gives it the most immersive feeling rather than the gameplay itself.
However, despite my feeling of this game having a terrible future, I'm still going to buy the full game since I want to push myself onto the other maps. That's including Jakku. I hope to see the balance fixed though too. If I buy a broken game, I feel like the community would have to fix it themselves like they do on almost ever broken game. I'll probably look towards [spoiler]torrenting[/spoiler] so I don't have to pay an entire limb just to get an advantage in the game.
Yet for now is all we can do is hope the game isn't as broken as expected.
I agree with Đisciple too about the AT - AT turrets. They are so annoying :XD: I killed 1 person so far so I've barely progressed in that... thing.

Also, can I just say that I absolutely LOVE the ragdoll physics now! I find myself actually laughing aloud at some of the victims of large explosions going flying past my screen! Amazing!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Thoughts so far;
The graphics are amazing. I'm actually not being sarcastic when I keep telling people the rocks are the best I've seen.

Gameplay is fun but without much variety of weapons yet - in drop zone everyone uses blasters.

I would rather have a standard loadout choice or class system than the card system.

I hope maps like Endor haven't been downgraded - it's interesting that, as good as the graphics are only rocky or plain maps are included, no grass.

The maps (so far) don't seem to be very varied individually, they are the same all over.

Physics are impressive.

No lobby (except for group option) could be a game breaker.

I need to play more to get a better idea.

I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I've played plenty of the beta all aspects too. I love everything about it. I was able to download it in 15-20 minutes (x-box one). It is great and all, except for the long walks back to the action, searching for vehicle icons, and random spawning around the map (not to mention $60 bucks and $70 for deluxe) {just unlock the junk yourself}. As for crashing--none .lag-none. As for EA..my madden games crash all the time esp. madden 25. over all great beta.
DA HAWK

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on October 09, 2015, 01:29:23 AM
All i have to say is Amazing graphics, boring gameplay, not worth $60.

Completely agree. Haven't tried all the game modes yet, but the gameplay feels very generic, feels likes soldier only swbf1. My computer can barely handle the game so the graphics aren't all the relevant to me. Pretty much what I feared the game would be like, debating whether I will buy the full version.

Well, my opinion is that this game is fantastic. I love the graphics, gameplay and immersion factors. Walker Assault is incredibly intense and I feel like I'm right here and actually in a large scale battle. Mechanics flow pretty well, weapons seems pretty balanced (except for that overpowered Cycler...) and the details are very realistic.

I only have 2 complaints:

1. Took me HOURS to get the game running because it insisted on using my Intel graphics driver instead of my NVIDIA one and it blackscreened on startup. Seriously, this shouldn't happen. Ever. I get that it's a beta, but come on, my laptop is brand new as of May...

2. Sides need some balancing in Walker Assault. Empire wins most of the time unless rebels have vastly superior players or numbers.

However, like you pointed out: This is not a Battlefront. It's nothing like Battlefront at all. There is quite literally nothing similar between this pretender Battlefront and the ones we know and love. There's no command posts, 1 mode per map, no character selection/standard loadouts, heck, even the weapon functionalities aren't similar (like, why can't I cycle between my rifles and grenades/jetpack/etc. instead of having to click keybinds...) also no vehicle spawn points and you pick up the "ability" to use them randomly on the map. Did I mention the AT-AT on a rail?  :td:

Overall, great game, love it, will definitely buy it and play it, but it's not a Battlefront. I don't even know why they labelled it as one.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on October 10, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
it's not a Battlefront. I don't even know why they labelled it as one.
They wanted to capitalize on the Battlefront legacy, but have failed to live up to the Battlefront game standards.